How short should DBTY be on my neck?

My jeweler said it could potentially flip if it sits in the hollow of the neck and suggested 1 inch below that spot. I was considering doing a DBTY style with my grandmother's diamond and noted that I wanted it to sit high. I like it sitting high best.

Good to know. I didn't even think about flipping just what length looked good without poking me, thanks! What did you end up doing with your grandmother's diamond?

Thanks for your input everyone! I think I'm going to ask for a ring at the shorter length and then have the regular length be similar to the last picture I originally posted. You all are always so helpful!!

Thanks for your input everyone! I think I'm going to ask for a ring at the shorter length and then have the regular length be similar to the last picture I originally posted. You all are always so helpful!!

Having the jump ring is a good idea. I now look for longer necklaces with jump rings giving a variety of lengths, especially with the price of gold.

Having the jump ring is a good idea. I now look for longer necklaces with jump rings giving a variety of lengths, especially with the price of gold.

That's a very good point about gold necklaces. Does it bother you having the excess dangle? I have the oval link chain from Tiffany's I think it's 24 inches. However it was awkward length on my chest and I find myself wearing it short 16 or 18. My SA said to not shorten it for the versatility but the dangle is so long. Idk if it's something to get used to.

That's a very good point about gold necklaces. Does it bother you having the excess dangle? I have the oval link chain from Tiffany's I think it's 24 inches. However it was awkward length on my chest and I find myself wearing it short 16 or 18. My SA said to not shorten it for the versatility but the dangle is so long. Idk if it's something to get used to.

I don't even notice the dangle - and my Cartier one has a CC charm on the dangle to boot! Do the jump ring - you'll be glad. :smile:

This is perfection!

attachment.php

Doesn't bother me at all. Going from a 24 to a 16 or 18 sounds like a big difference so perhaps that's why the dangle is bothering you. My jump rings are on two chains - one 18 to 16 and one 22 to 20.