How do you tpfers feel about fur on handbags?

I was surprised to see the amount of bags recently with fur and a couple of them are really nice bags.

The ONLY problem I have with fur is when an animal was killed JUST for it's fur. I actually think it's a GREAT thing when it's an animal that we are using all the parts for so that we aren't wasting anything which is a bigger shame.

So, calf fur.... Well, we use calf skin for leather, we eat calf in veal and I'm sure we use other parts for other products... this I have no problem with.

Or sherling? I own a sherling coat (not faux) and I have NO ill feelings about wearing it. We eat lamb and sheep get slaughtered for food purposes and I'm sure they get slaughtered after their wool production goes down or when the animal gets old. Less waste once again.

Pony Fur? If a pony is being raised and killed just for its fur? Then I'm not OK with it. If that fur is gotten from a pony going to slaughter for other reasons (remember they eat horse and pony in some parts of the world) then I'm OK with it.

The ONLY time I think it's a bit wrong is when an animal is killed JUST for it's fur/leather...or is wild caught... these things should be domesticated animals.

I have nothing against fur. In fact, I own mink earmuffs, a scarf, and trimmed gloves. However, I never been fond of furry bags. It's just not my style. I think fur looks better on other accessories and clothing.

I love fur on everything and anything...Do what you like as long as you are happy!!! I would love to get the Fendi Spy in white mink or the louis vuitton mink multicolor handbag in a heart beat if I had $10, 000 sitting around...but not quite there yet...

I would never give anyone a hard time for wearing fur or having fur on a bag. It's up to you what personal choices you make. There are probably people out there who would prefer it if I didn't subject them to the sight of me in running gear, but they can suck it!

Personally, I think fur on anything looks caveman-like - fine, but you look like you're dressing up for a school play about the discovery of fire.:P

I think fur can look really elegant on bags- Gucci has made some real stunners in the past and Leonello Borghi (sold at Barney's) makes some really nice sheared mink totes. I do think that there is the opportunity to make some really hideous, overly-fluffy fur bags though (i.e. Chrisitian Louboutin fall bags)

I generally like fur on bags, but it has to be done right. There is nothing sadder that a fur trimmed bag that would look better without the trim. Sometimes fur trim looks like it was just an afterthought, and the design of the bag suffers because of it. But well done fur on a bag is lovely.

I would never have a bag - or anything for that matter - that has fur on it.

Our house is a fur free zone - except for living animals - and no one is allowed in it
with fur on.

I was surprised to see the amount of bags recently with fur and a couple of them are really nice bags.

The ONLY problem I have with fur is when an animal was killed JUST for it's fur. I actually think it's a GREAT thing when it's an animal that we are using all the parts for so that we aren't wasting anything which is a bigger shame.

So, calf fur.... Well, we use calf skin for leather, we eat calf in veal and I'm sure we use other parts for other products... this I have no problem with.

Or sherling? I own a sherling coat (not faux) and I have NO ill feelings about wearing it. We eat lamb and sheep get slaughtered for food purposes and I'm sure they get slaughtered after their wool production goes down or when the animal gets old. Less waste once again.

Pony Fur? If a pony is being raised and killed just for its fur? Then I'm not OK with it. If that fur is gotten from a pony going to slaughter for other reasons (remember they eat horse and pony in some parts of the world) then I'm OK with it.

The ONLY time I think it's a bit wrong is when an animal is killed JUST for it's fur/leather...or is wild caught... these things should be domesticated animals.
I don't think "pony" is actually from a pony. I think it is the furry side of cowhide.