Hooray for the Halzan...

They're not scratches, they look to be stratifications from slipping slightly in the roller. Looks a lot worse in Box and if on the outside. It's a slight stretch/non-stretch (like human stretch marks).

It's a beautiful bag, and this subtle wouldn't personally upset me.
Thanks for letting me know- maybe I need to inspect the outside better it was dark I think the inside leather material is less forgiving. I am wondering if I should ask about it? I am ok letting it be too worst case. Makes me feel less bad about breaking it in

Reactions: hhyliu
Thanks for letting me know- maybe I need to inspect the outside better it was dark I think the inside leather material is less forgiving. I am wondering if I should ask about it? I am ok letting it be too worst case. Makes me feel less bad about breaking it in

Leather is tanned and processed before making into a bag. One batch would not impact on a another unless there was something very wrong with an only machine and Hermes have many. The outside will be presumably be different leather (i.e. Evercolor) anyway which is a lightly stamped leather. Generally, smooth leathers show imperfections more (which is why leather goods companies like to use stamped leathers - they can get away with more).

Leather is tanned and processed before making into a bag. One batch would not impact on a another unless there was something very wrong with an only machine and Hermes have many. The outside will be presumably be different leather (i.e. Evercolor) anyway which is a lightly stamped leather. Generally, smooth leathers show imperfections more (which is why leather goods companies like to use stamped leathers - they can get away with more).
Right, makes sense. I didn’t get to ask or see if there were other bags to compare so now I’m wondering if I should ask? I am very detail oriented but I will try to let it go ☺️

Reactions: papertiger
It would bother me, but a picture lighting might be emphasizing it. All that said, it wasn’t that noticeable to me until you pointed out where in the picture. You’ll be in a hurry to open and close your bag and never notice once you start wearing it,

H large and small means a lot of your hard earned $. If it’s going to change how you feel about the bag every time you go to wear it, unless it is a dream color, and you LOVE the bag, saying something respectfully is doable. Such as you love the bag, but the interior flap has you concerned before even a first wear. Are there possibly any other colors we can consider if we can’t get another identical color? Plus you only get store credit, so you will find something else with your SA sooner or later! FWIW, I returned my first H bag purchase and worried it would stop me from getting other bags. My SA helped me find other choices and the journey down the rabbit hole continued.

Reactions: WhiteBus
It would bother me, but a picture lighting might be emphasizing it. All that said, it wasn’t that noticeable to me until you pointed out where in the picture. You’ll be in a hurry to open and close your bag and never notice once you start wearing it,

H large and small means a lot of your hard earned $. If it’s going to change how you feel about the bag every time you go to wear it, unless it is a dream color, and you LOVE the bag, saying something respectfully is doable. Such as you love the bag, but the interior flap has you concerned before even a first wear. Are there possibly any other colors we can consider if we can’t get another identical color? Plus you only get store credit, so you will find something else with your SA sooner or later! FWIW, I returned my first H bag purchase and worried it would stop me from getting other bags. My SA helped me find other choices and the journey down the rabbit hole continued.

1FC4BE19-63E8-40AE-86AE-4022EA230AEB.jpeg

Thanks I couldn’t figure out how to write after uploading pic sorry for 2 replies! It doesn’t hurt to ask I suppose, I just didn’t want to be irritating them! If there is a perfect one will obviously prefer it otherwise I can let it go. I think it only obvious in the lighting like you mentioned

Thanks I couldn’t figure out how to write after uploading pic sorry for 2 replies! It doesn’t hurt to ask I suppose, I just didn’t want to be irritating them! If there is a perfect one will obviously prefer it otherwise I can let it go. I think it only obvious in the lighting like you mentioned
Be true to what is best for you. I do understand your point, I’m more that way as well. Yet, at the same time, it is your money. Ask, see how you feel about the response and stick to what is best for you. They already have your $ either way! Whether you are meant to enjoy this lovely bag or a different one, end up with what will make you happy when you wear it.

Update: I went back and they said it was a natural part of the leather. I kept the bag happy to share here: this is a 25 in gris Meyer evercolor with gold hardware (I assume it’s yellow gold, but seems a bit rosy!). Excited to use it, my second H bag!

View attachment 5653921
The color on this is amazing!! My home store's stock has been so sad the last year. Hoping to see more things available this holiday season.