Hermes Replacement Bag Straps

How are you liking the 70cm strap if you purchased one? I have looked through the whole thread again, but haven’t seen many comments about the 70cm or modeling photos of it. I measured it out and since the normal Kelly strap is the 85cm length to hit with the top of the bag at the low waist/high hip, the 70cm seems to make the top of the bag hit at around low rib cage area, does this sound right? My tressage straps are both 85cm, but I keep have seen nice color combos come up in 70cm, so I’m curious if that is a reasonable option. I’m especially interested to hear if anyone has purchased a wider version in the 70cm.

How are you liking the 70cm strap if you purchased one? I have looked through the whole thread again, but haven’t seen many comments about the 70cm or modeling photos of it. I measured it out and since the normal Kelly strap is the 85cm length to hit with the top of the bag at the low waist/high hip, the 70cm seems to make the top of the bag hit at around low rib cage area, does this sound right? My tressage straps are both 85cm, but I keep have seen nice color combos come up in 70cm, so I’m curious if that is a reasonable option. I’m especially interested to hear if anyone has purchased a wider version in the 70cm.

i prefer carrying k28 and larger with the shorter straps for easy access and comfort. i have a 70cm sangle cavale in the 25mm width and a few customised canvas straps in the 50mm width in 60cm and 70cm. in the pic i am using a 60cm canvas strap on my k35. no issues with it.

DSC_4747.jpg

i prefer carrying k28 and larger with the shorter straps for easy access and comfort. i have a 70cm sangle cavale in the 25mm width and a few customised canvas straps in the 50mm width in 60cm and 70cm. in the pic i am using a 60cm canvas strap on my k35. no issues with it.

View attachment 4403674

This is so helpful! Thank you Chincac. I have one K32 and I can see how this length would make it less bulky, as when hitting lower down. I tried my “makeshift 70cm” strap with a K25 and it looked a little odd, but with a longer bag the proportions look great. Thank you for the photo.

This is so helpful! Thank you Chincac. I have one K32 and I can see how this length would make it less bulky, as when hitting lower down. I tried my “makeshift 70cm” strap with a K25 and it looked a little odd, but with a longer bag the proportions look great. Thank you for the photo.

you are welcome Nicole. yes on k25 and smaller, i prefer the 105cm instead :lol:

Reactions: nicole0612

View attachment 4403674
that's a really wonderful idea!! how do you order the customized straps, are they H?

Reactions: thyme

View attachment 4403674
I love it!
My Kelly 25 sometimes bounces off my body when I walk; it’s so annoying. Can they shorten the strap or do any of these new straps come in a shorter length than the standard K25 strap?

I love it!
My Kelly 25 sometimes bounces off my body when I walk; it’s so annoying. Can they shorten the strap or do any of these new straps come in a shorter length than the standard K25 strap?

they can shorten the straps but up to a limited 5cm on each side I was told at my local store. other stores may do differently as per usual H style. the new sangle cavale straps do come in 70cm as well..not sure about the tressage and the new studded ones though! best to check with your stores if they ordered any.

I love it!

they can shorten the straps but up to a limited 5cm on each side I was told at my local store. other stores may do differently as per usual H style. the new sangle cavale straps do come in 70cm as well..not sure about the tressage and the new studded ones though! best to check with your stores if they ordered any.

The tressage definitely come in 70cm as well, for both widths. I have not looked into the studded ones.

Reactions: thyme and NOIRetMoi
It doesn’t seem like a lot but I’m sure it makes a big difference. Thanks again, Chincac!

Reactions: thyme