Hermes Replacement Bag Straps

Thank you so much for this information :heart:

Love:love: the picture showing your beautiful straps

You have so much experience with all the sizes of straps you own, I was wondering what ‘size width’ canvas crossbody strap for a 31 bolide is the most comfortable to carry on your shoulder?

I don’t know if I will have the opportunity to try on different sizes to compare.

Thank you again :hbeat: for your awesome help.

For me personally, I think the wider 40mm and 50mm straps are most comfortable to wear any bag style or size crossbody style. That being said, however, for bags like a bolide 31 (or smaller) or Kelly 32 (or smaller), the narrower 25mm strap isn’t necessarily uncomfortable for crossbody wear. I use my multicolor 25mm wide 105cm long sangle cavale on my tri-berry Kelly 32 retourne all the time because the canvas strap colors work so well with my Kelly’s three colors raisin, tosca, and rubis.

For crossbody wear, my SA thinks the narrower 25mm straps look “better” on Kellys because Kellys have a “more feminine” and complicated style with the delicate strap closures whereas the wider straps look “better” on bolides and evelynes because they have a simple style and structure. Lol. I don’t necessarily agree or disagree. I just know that my bolide 37/35 and Kelly 35 definitely feels better with the wider straps but for all of the other sizes, I feel fine using either the wide or narrow straps.

Because the original straps that come with the bolide and Kelly are narrow, I like to use wide straps on everything. For example, I realize that a wide strap probably isn’t necessary (comfort-wise) for a Kelly 20 or 25, but I like the contrast in look between the teeny bag and the wide strap.

Does this help at all?

@lala28 Thank you for sharing pics of your new Tressage Chevron and Sangle Cavale! They go really well with your two Kellys. :tup:

I saw the mini Dog strap today and it also comes in the 70cm length, aside from the 85cm length. Aside from the medor studs, it also comes in round studs. The strap is in Capucine Swift.
View attachment 4200490

So cool! I love the color! I’m always learning something new...

Reactions: Meta
I really wish H would use spring gate O rings on their swivel trigger hooks (instead of soldering fixed O rings) so that we could change the hardware color. I’m thinking about modifying one of my straps to see if this would work...

IMG_1537646598.362898.jpg

Reactions: pinkiestarlet
As you all probably know, I’ve been obsessed with bag straps this year [emoji6]. My latest acquisition:

View attachment 4198466

The medor leather bag straps come in black, gold, a grey color, and blue Brighton this season and are offered with gold and palladium hardware. Right now they come in only a 85cm length. I think the width is 25mm (possibly less).

Addicted to straps this year...
View attachment 4199663

These are just the 105cm length ones... [emoji5]

View attachment 4200425

View attachment 4200426

View attachment 4200427

(When I first saw the bleu Encre on this strap, I thought it was raisin!)

Your strap collection is amazing lala, better than my store :lol:... Love the new medor version will have to ask my SA about it. I have 2 of the leather ones and love them, v comfy to use. Look foward to more bag strap matchings from you :flowers:

@lala28 Thank you for sharing pics of your new Tressage Chevron and Sangle Cavale! They go really well with your two Kellys. :tup:

I saw the mini Dog strap today and it also comes in the 70cm length, aside from the 85cm length. Aside from the medor studs, it also comes in round studs. The strap is in Capucine Swift.
View attachment 4200490

Thanks for sharing weN... def medor studs for me!

Reactions: Meta
Epsom leather Tressage cuir options (With the “piano keys” pattern):

Ecru/noir/noir
View attachment 4086202

:hbeat:Thank you so much for your help lala28

This color and design I really like Ecru/noir/noir in your attachment picture above.

I think it would be perfect for my Noir 31 Bolide.
The 25mm sangle cavale strap (105cm)
Silver and palladium plated hardware.

New straps are so hard to find in the size and color you want.

Is it common to ask a SA to order a strap?

If I order a strap is it still the same price or does it cost more?

How long does it take to get a strap that’s ordered?

What is the name of the Ecru/noir/noir strap you posted above?

Thank you :hbeat: you are such a big help :heart:

For me personally, I think the wider 40mm and 50mm straps are most comfortable to wear any bag style or size crossbody style. That being said, however, for bags like a bolide 31 (or smaller) or Kelly 32 (or smaller), the narrower 25mm strap isn’t necessarily uncomfortable for crossbody wear. I use my multicolor 25mm wide 105cm long sangle cavale on my tri-berry Kelly 32 retourne all the time because the canvas strap colors work so well with my Kelly’s three colors raisin, tosca, and rubis.

For crossbody wear, my SA thinks the narrower 25mm straps look “better” on Kellys because Kellys have a “more feminine” and complicated style with the delicate strap closures whereas the wider straps look “better” on bolides and evelynes because they have a simple style and structure. Lol. I don’t necessarily agree or disagree. I just know that my bolide 37/35 and Kelly 35 definitely feels better with the wider straps but for all of the other sizes, I feel fine using either the wide or narrow straps.

Because the original straps that come with the bolide and Kelly are narrow, I like to use wide straps on everything. For example, I realize that a wide strap probably isn’t necessary (comfort-wise) for a Kelly 20 or 25, but I like the contrast in look between the teeny bag and the wide strap.

Does this help at all?

It sure does help :heart:
I think the one inch wide strap would feel more comfortable for me than the two inch.

I also asked you some questions on my post above to you :hbeat: thank you

Last edited:

I think the 25mm sangle cavale in noir/ecru will be perfect for your bolide! [emoji106]. Finding the right thickness and length and hardware color is tricky but if your SA is willing to do a search (same as searching for a particular shawl pattern and color way), he/she will see if another store has what you want and can call to find out if that store is willing to transfer the item to your store. Sometimes the store with the strap won’t transfer to another store but is willing to do a charge send where you pay them directly and then they ship the strap to you. It seems to me that each store has their own way of doing things, but it never hurts to ask, right?

I don’t think you can order a sangle cavale strap, at least not in the same way that you can place a custom order for an additional or replacement Evelyne or Kelly strap. However, your SM can order additional straps the next time he/she submits his regular inventory requests. I think some SMs are ok taking note of your request while other SMs really don’t want to make a habit of keeping track of customer preferences down to this level of detail. Know what I mean?

The sangle cavale straps are priced uniformly so they will cost the same whether you buy one directly from your home store, do a charge send for another store’s strap, or have another store’s strap transferred to your home store.

Oh, also, your SA should be able to look at the list of what has already been ordered for your home store and tell you if what you’re looking for is something they expect to have in.

Hope this helps!

(I have to go back and reread your post to make sure I didn’t miss anything [emoji3])

It sure does help :heart:
I think the one inch wide strap would feel more comfortable for me than the two inch.

I also asked you some questions on my post above to you :hbeat: thank you

IMG_1537748446.619181.jpg

The one pictured above with the raisin box Kelly is 25 mm Sangle Cavale 105Cm Bleu encre/cuivre/noir [emoji3].

IMG_1537748715.422856.jpg

I haven’t come across it yet on any of the H websites but it is just another color combo for this season.

I don’t know if it’s common or not to ask your SA to help you locate a strap, but I do it all the time! .

Reactions: jill39 and hers4eva
As you all probably know, I’ve been obsessed with bag straps this year [emoji6]. My latest acquisition:

View attachment 4198466

The medor leather bag straps come in black, gold, a grey color, and blue Brighton this season and are offered with gold and palladium hardware. Right now they come in only a 85cm length. I think the width is 25mm (possibly less).

Wow! This really gives you bag an edgy look. I love it! I wonder what this would like like on an Evelyne?