Hermes Replacement Bag Straps

There is also a special order option on these bag straps. I was able to take a quick peek at the ordering options. On the multi colored options the list said up to 10 colors, you could order embellished (the round silver style being shown now) and varied lengths. Strap options also included exotics. You were also able to choose the HW option as they vary by bag style such as K, E, Bolide etc

I admit that a super-punk rock strap for a black Kelly could be tempting!
I was just visualizing these earrings as an inspiration for a strap the second I came accross your post!

At first glance, I don’t like these straps either. They could have been designed by anyone. Some are a little Fendi, others the others a little arts and ‘craftsy’, but other than the one with the Palladium circles, none of these say Hermes to me. Even if they spent a week weaving each one of them, it still doesn’t make up for the lack of design. It doesn’t have edge (like their Punk jewelry), it doesn’t have playfulness (like the Tutti Frutti collection) and IMO, it lacks the traditional/minimalistic chic their basic pieces are famous for.
Whatever their basic inspiration this was, I don’t think they dissected it/expanded it enough. I imagine they didn’t want the staps to compete with the colorblock bags and the new handles, but I don’t think they add much to it either.

My beef with all these straps is that they are all too damn long! Not all human beings are 6’ tall or want to carry their bags crossbody. I happen to be one them, so unless you brace your K25 with your arm a little bit, you end up playing a** soccer with it. Or they’re so short, that not even my twing arm will fit through them. They’ll give your K25 an adorned longer handle, but that’s it. I understand the short strap might not be meant to be used with handheld bags, but for girls like me, who carry their Chanel flap with both chains on my shoulder (*in my mind, that’s how they were meant to be worn originally), a ‘medium’ strap length would be a dream come true!!!
If you know of a brand that does pretty straps in a medium length (shorter than the original K25 one), please let me know!
https://www.hermes.com/us/en/product/chaine-d-ancre-punk-earrings-H217530Bv00/

There is also a special order option on these bag straps. I was able to take a quick peek at the ordering options. On the multi colored options the list said up to 10 colors, you could order embellished (the round silver style being shown now) and varied lengths. Strap options also included exotics. You were also able to choose the HW option as they vary by bag style such as K, E, Bolide etc
Thanks Txoceangirl, can you special order a strap alone, or do you mean when you special order a bag you can customize the strap?

My beef with all these straps is that they are all too damn long! Not all human beings are 6’ tall or want to carry their bags crossbody. I happen to be one them, so unless you brace your K25 with your arm a little bit, you end up playing a** soccer with it. Or they’re so short, that not even my twing arm will fit through them. They’ll give your K25 an adorned longer handle, but that’s it. I understand the short strap might not be meant to be used with handheld bags, but for girls like me, who carry their Chanel flap with both chains on my shoulder (*in my mind, that’s how they were meant to be worn originally), a ‘medium’ strap length would be a dream come true!!!
If you know of a brand that does pretty straps in a medium length (shorter than the original K25 one), please let me know!
All too long for me as well. You would think the solution would just be to make them adjustable, but even on an Evelyne at the shortest adjustment, it's still too long for shoulder carry for me!

Reactions: NOIRetMoi
Thanks Txoceangirl, can you special order a strap alone, or do you mean when you special order a bag you can customize the strap?

All too long for me as well. You would think the solution would just be to make them adjustable, but even on an Evelyne at the shortest adjustment, it's still too long for shoulder carry for me!
You can order them separately from the bag!

Reactions: smallfry
You can order them separately from the bag!
*does a happy dance and tries not to look silly *
Thanks for the info, @Txoceangirl
I might consider the one with the hardware circles (not shown here), if it doesn’t look too big on a k25.
I wonder if the cost structure is the same as a special order bag: it’s not more expensive than a regular one; you pay pay for what you order.

Last edited:
Thank u for posting!! I didn't expect them to be this wide tho? And what's with the luggage tag?? Although removable, still looks a bit weird. And oh my goodness $1950! Just WOW and thanks but no thanks :smile: :smile: maybe the thinner ones would be less expensive?
My SA says the wide one-color straps are less expensive than the braided ones, but no numbers yet except the wide ones being "$1900 ish".

I saw one of the thinner braided models in Nov (UK edition so British pounds) Bazaar mag which gave the price as either £630 or £650 (can't remember exactly even though I tried, it was the end of a long day). As most here will know of course sometimes in magazines the prices given do not exactly match the particular visual example or means 'start from'. I think it said custom made too. It gave me hope anyway as I need one for my RH bolide but I'd like to use it with my Gold Bld too and BBK.