Hermes Paris January 2021 sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi good news and bad news. The sale is taking place on 26 and 29 January at the palais des congrès (those two days only) however it is a private sale by invitation only for clients based in France.
Thanks for the info. Would you know how to get invited for someone who shop at Hermes Paris once in a while but doesn’t have a SA.

Reactions: tmk_fr
Thanks for the info. Would you know how to get invited for someone who shop at Hermes Paris once in a while but doesn’t have a SA.
I’m afraid I don’t have good news. I have called Hermès, written to them and also asked in my usual boutique. Hermès has advised me that allocation of invitations will be done by the computer and is akin to a lottery for French customers, and that furthermore they will try to get invitations to people who weren’t invited to the previous private sale. Hermès told me that they will do their best to ensure that the maximum number of clients can attend the sale, however they have an obligation to protect their staff and also comply with French government rules. Hermès may make more invitations available (I am not sure if they will require an RSVP—if they do it’s possible that more slots will open up). Therefore I am not holding out a lot of hope for this sale. It’s a bummer but it is what is is and Hermès is right to be careful about COVID.

I’m afraid I don’t have good news. I have called Hermès, written to them and also asked in my usual boutique. Hermès has advised me that allocation of invitations will be done by the computer and is akin to a lottery for French customers, and that furthermore they will try to get invitations to people who weren’t invited to the previous private sale. Hermès told me that they will do their best to ensure that the maximum number of clients can attend the sale, however they have an obligation to protect their staff and also comply with French government rules. Hermès may make more invitations available (I am not sure if they will require an RSVP—if they do it’s possible that more slots will open up). Therefore I am not holding out a lot of hope for this sale. It’s a bummer but it is what is is and Hermès is right to be careful about COVID.
Thank you for sharing this update!
It is disappointing but also unsurprising considering that the government restrictions are continually changing and plenty of businesses that meant to reopen after Christmas still can't. If someone is lucky enough to get an invite and attend this year, it would definitely be interesting to hear about the experience.

That’s very interesting, thank you. I believe previous events did not require an RSVP but this could change now.

I have a further update, on French TV they just discussed the timeline for rolling out the COVID vaccine. France is slow compared to some other countries, basically they said they hope to be vaccinating a million people a week by March which means probably less than half the people in France will have the vaccine by the summer. I would rate the chances of a public 2021 summer sale as very low. Staff at my local Hermès said the same thing, they expect that the 2021 summer sale will also be private.

I was invited at the private sale last October.
I was surprised, for I thought H sales were out of question these days.
I spent quite a lot in a short amount of time and I guess that's why the invitation, and I didn't know it was randomly given among a certain pool of customers.
It was truly a pleasure last year: the place was as big as usually, with as many products and there were litterally more SAs than customers.
I guess I'm not invited this time (my wallet sighs with relief)

I was invited at the private sale last October.
I was surprised, for I thought H sales were out of question these days.
I spent quite a lot in a short amount of time and I guess that's why the invitation, and I didn't know it was randomly given among a certain pool of customers.
It was truly a pleasure last year: the place was as big as usually, with as many products and there were litterally more SAs than customers.
I guess I'm not invited this time (my wallet sighs with relief)
You were very lucky, an Hermès sale without lots of shoppers sounds like a fantasy land to me. I don’t have an invitation so no luck. But my wallet will also thank me (especially given expenses I have had last year in moving to Paris).

From what I heard, the sale is still on and happening tomorrow and Thursday/Friday. Invitations are by half-day and your SA can request to put your name on the list. I’m unclear whether you then receive some kind of access token or if your name is at the door.

Hi, I just came across your post. Thank you for letting us know. I am from Singapore and I cannot believe the huge price difference in Europe and Singapore. I just saw their website. Their Evelyne 40 is Euro 3100 (SGD5000). I wish there is someone who does the purchasing from Europe .We used to have that but now cause of Covid, travelling is restricted...

So I’ve just exited the sale. On average, it was a solid 40-50 off. No SLGs, plenty of silk scarves (I saw Kawa Ora in 2 colour ways, Cosmopolis in 3...) and shawls (Sieste dans l’après-midi was there). RTW was plentiful too. Belts, included exotics and canvas.
The queue for shoes and jewelry was crazy so I passed.

It was good, with a few treasures if you were looking at specifics from past seasons. Access was well regulated (I barely waited to be checked in or to pay), gel was required upon entry in every section. All in all, very civilized. The last time I’d gone, my experience had been of an H-themed WWE event :lol:

So I’ve just exited the sale. On average, it was a solid 40-50 off. No SLGs, plenty of silk scarves (I saw Kawa Ora in 2 colour ways, Cosmopolis in 3...) and shawls (Sieste dans l’après-midi was there). RTW was plentiful too. Belts, included exotics and canvas.
The queue for shoes and jewelry was crazy so I passed.

It was good, with a few treasures if you were looking at specifics from past seasons. Access was well regulated (I barely waited to be checked in or to pay), gel was required upon entry in every section. All in all, very civilized. The last time I’d gone, my experience had been of an H-themed WWE event :lol:
Did you see anything you like and bought any? Any photos taken too? :smile:

Did you see anything you like and bought any? Any photos taken too? :smile:

I didn’t take any pictures, half because there were signs saying not to, and half because I got distracted.

There was a lot that I liked! As always :giggle:
In men’s: the reversible men’s blouson with the chimaera print, another version with cotton lining, plenty ofcashmere shawls (in particular the one that had all the bag parts paid out with a bright orange lining).
In women’s: nothing that jumped out at me.
In hats&gloves: the enamel heart pins and a few Medor style ones. I tried the Kelly gloves but they didn’t look amazing on me so I passed. The glove holders were there too (a medor style).
In belts: there was a gorgeous chainmail type belt, an eye shaped clasp.

I got a couple scarves and belts. I’ll share the jacquard one in the appreciation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.