Hermes in print

lori goldstein edc080118closets01-1533072669.jpg
A CELEBRITY STYLIST’S DREAM CLOSET COMES TO LIFE
In Lori Goldstein's newly redesigned NYC apartment, her closet stands out as much as the whole home.
BY INGRID ABRAMOVITCH
AUG 20, 2018

Near the top of Lori Goldstein’s wish list for her new Joe D’Urso-designed New York City apartment: a closet large enough to house her ever-expanding wardrobe. That was a tall order. The former fashion stylist for such brands as Prada and Versace, now a QVC star with her own LOGO label, has a bursting-at-the-seams collection of clothes, shoes, jewelry, and designer purses. (Jokes her friend Isaac Mizrahi: “Lori has four handbags for every day she’s been alive on earth.”)
lori goldstein edc080118closets02-1533072811.jpg
White marble from ABC Stone tops a custom dressing table. The vintage Karl Springer bench is from Lobel Modern, the pendant is from 2Modern, the photograph of John Lennon and Yoko Ono is by Annie Leibovitz, and the artwork (top right) is by Aaron Favaloro.

D’Urso collaborated with California Closets to convert a hallway and smaller closets into a made-to-order boudoir. The tops of the shelving units were finished with mahogany, and a dressing table and built-in drawers were topped with white marble. “That really jazzed it up,” D’Urso notes. What’s more, Goldstein says, using rich materials in the closet helps it feel of a piece with the design of the rest of the apartment.

lori goldstein edc080118closets03-1533072933.jpg
Adjustable California Closets hanging racks hold Goldstein’s dresses and tops, including pieces from her LOGO line. The top shelf is mahogany.

Aesthetics aside, Goldstein’s goal was a hyper-organized space where she could easily locate all of her clothes and accessories (“I like to see everything I have, so I remember I have it”), as well as an area for dressing. “Everything hangs in its own category,” she says. “All of my tanks and layering pieces are LOGO; I get them in every color. I have Victorian eyelet tops by every favorite designer of mine, and Hermès bags are an obsession. But since I love shopping, I do get rid of things too. It’s an ebb and flow.”

lori goldstein edc080118closets04-1533073053.jpg
The closet incorporates floor-to-ceiling shelving for shoes and handbags. The Mongolian wool ottoman is by Bourgeois Bohème Atelier, and the George Nelson clock is from Vitra.

To create continuity with his client’s exuberantly decorated home, D’Urso furnished the closet to the nines. “There are six lamps, from Kartell to Apparatus, and there is wall-to-wall leopard carpeting and a gorgeous pouf,” Goldstein notes.

I LOVE MY CLOSET AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER ROOM IN THE APARTMENT.

"Sometimes more. I’ve finally got the closet of my dreams.”
Source: Elledecor

View attachment 4231722
A CELEBRITY STYLIST’S DREAM CLOSET COMES TO LIFE
In Lori Goldstein's newly redesigned NYC apartment, her closet stands out as much as the whole home.
BY INGRID ABRAMOVITCH
AUG 20, 2018

Near the top of Lori Goldstein’s wish list for her new Joe D’Urso-designed New York City apartment: a closet large enough to house her ever-expanding wardrobe. That was a tall order. The former fashion stylist for such brands as Prada and Versace, now a QVC star with her own LOGO label, has a bursting-at-the-seams collection of clothes, shoes, jewelry, and designer purses. (Jokes her friend Isaac Mizrahi: “Lori has four handbags for every day she’s been alive on earth.”)
View attachment 4231725
White marble from ABC Stone tops a custom dressing table. The vintage Karl Springer bench is from Lobel Modern, the pendant is from 2Modern, the photograph of John Lennon and Yoko Ono is by Annie Leibovitz, and the artwork (top right) is by Aaron Favaloro.

D’Urso collaborated with California Closets to convert a hallway and smaller closets into a made-to-order boudoir. The tops of the shelving units were finished with mahogany, and a dressing table and built-in drawers were topped with white marble. “That really jazzed it up,” D’Urso notes. What’s more, Goldstein says, using rich materials in the closet helps it feel of a piece with the design of the rest of the apartment.

View attachment 4231726
Adjustable California Closets hanging racks hold Goldstein’s dresses and tops, including pieces from her LOGO line. The top shelf is mahogany.

Aesthetics aside, Goldstein’s goal was a hyper-organized space where she could easily locate all of her clothes and accessories (“I like to see everything I have, so I remember I have it”), as well as an area for dressing. “Everything hangs in its own category,” she says. “All of my tanks and layering pieces are LOGO; I get them in every color. I have Victorian eyelet tops by every favorite designer of mine, and Hermès bags are an obsession. But since I love shopping, I do get rid of things too. It’s an ebb and flow.”

View attachment 4231730
The closet incorporates floor-to-ceiling shelving for shoes and handbags. The Mongolian wool ottoman is by Bourgeois Bohème Atelier, and the George Nelson clock is from Vitra.

To create continuity with his client’s exuberantly decorated home, D’Urso furnished the closet to the nines. “There are six lamps, from Kartell to Apparatus, and there is wall-to-wall leopard carpeting and a gorgeous pouf,” Goldstein notes.

I LOVE MY CLOSET AS MUCH AS ANY OTHER ROOM IN THE APARTMENT.

"Sometimes more. I’ve finally got the closet of my dreams.”
Source: Elledecor
Personally, I can sleep in this close too:yes:

Reactions: OneMoreDay