Hermès 24/24 vs K28?

Chiming in… I have both K28 and 29… but I am a hand-carry girl and will tuck my 29 under my arm if I need both hands in a pinch The 29 is more understated (although mine is in Touch and in Craie Togo - so maybe not as stealth), heavier than K28 because of Togo leather, and no feet. The smaller 21 may be better suited for cross-body wear (and back-pack option)… and perhaps in a colour that is not prone to colour transfer if you choose to wear closer to your body. There are a few videos out there on how to wear the 21 multiple ways…

Sorry, don’t have side-by-side comparison pic but here’s one taken at similar angle (close enough?)… and dressed similarly (twilly and rodeo)… I have to say, though, maybe I do like my accessories to pop a little bit

View attachment 5392171
I normally prefer a naked bag, but I wanted to say your choices are stunning ! :smile:

I have the same question. The 21, that I bought sight-unseen, is on the way. I'll let you know.
I received the 24/24 Size 21 yesterday. It's adorable

This is a bit of a bag review, so please bear with me.

I already own the 24/24 in size 29 and love it. It's roomy, sporty, and casual chic. It screams elegance, but not identifiable by maker-which is fine with me.

I love cross-body bags but I'm petite--by way of example, the Evelyne 29 looks huge and clumsy. Despite my frame, most small bags look like they're sized for a child. Somehow the 24/24 size 21 impresses me differently. Yes, it's small but its' depth gives it a volume that makes it look right.

To get to your question--it holds a lot! Every essential thing that I fit into the 29, fits into the 21. This includes my regular size Bearn wallet, a zippered nylon Prada cosmetic bag (which holds lipstick, tape measure, pens, emergency chocolate and other paraphernalia I don't want impressing against the interior of my bags), thin eyeglass case, mask and handkerchief. The back pocket handles my iPhone just as easily as the 29. The only thing not in there is my Calvi, which is so small as to be inconsequential. Everything is lined-up, but not tightly.

Having not used the bag yet, I'm not sure if I will have to remove everything just to get one thing out (this happens with my Trim Duo). It also may be, that once something is removed, everything will have to be precisely rearranged, which is not really what you want to be doing when running around. Again, we'll see. I think it will be better than the Trim Duo (despite its' small size things get lost in it), albeit at nearly double the price.

The only thing I don't love is the placement of the hardware for the shoulder strap, which causes the bag to pitch forward. The 29 version behaves similarly, but doesn't seem as pronounced. But oh well. I noticed however, that when arranged towards the side/front of my body, and not at my side, the pitch is counterbalanced and isn't noticeable. This is a design issue I can do nothing about.

Bottom line, it's a handsome bag, much roomier than I expected--in fact, the most roomy small bag I own. Hoping it will be great and user-friendly for traveling and running around.

Yes, @tinkerbell68 is absolutely correct. I have the size 29 in Bleu Nuit Togo with Noir Swift trim, and in addition to the thin leather strap that came with, I purchased two longer 105 cm crossbody straps from Shoulderbagstrap on Etsy. One is the thin Flipperball style canvas, and the other is a thicker guitar strap style in a blue/black/red/ivory herringbone.

I ADORE this bag. It's low-key elegant, under the radar, capacious, easy to carry, and pretty fuss-free. You don't have to fiddle with sangles to open or close it, it's a one-handed operation to get into the bag when it's on your shoulder or across your body. I don't have an iPad Air, but I do have an iPad mini, and it fits, along with my little Bolide cosmetics pouch, my compact Bearn wallet, my Dogon card case, my Calvi card case, my Bastia coin purse, a small Hermessence perfume atomizer, my inhaler, a small pack of tissues, a tiny thing of hand sanitizer, and a spare mask. My iPhone XS Max fits into the back slip pocket, and I'm good to go for the whole day.

I got this bag because I am not a Kelly or Birkin kind of girl, but I wanted a bag that was hand carry or over the shoulder and had that distinctive Hermès je ne sais quoi. This bag ticks all the boxes for me, so much so that I recently also got the size 35 in Toile and Cassis Swift with no strap to use as a work/travel bag.

HIGHLY recommend the 24/24 size 29.

Thank you for your review and recommendation of the 24/24 29! I took it as a sign that it was meant to be when I found it on Hermes in the Gold Togo Swift and ordered it immediately. This is my first Hermes bag and I think it will be perfect for me because I also love a top handle with a shoulder strap or crossbody option as well as a secure closure with easy access.

While I think the Birkin and Kelly are beautiful bags, the 24/24 fits my casual lifestyle perfectly and allows me to carry an exquisitely crafted but subtle bag.

Hermes 24 24 bag 29 in gold Togo Swift gold.jpg

Thank you for your review and recommendation of the 24/24 29! I took it as a sign that it was meant to be when I found it on Hermes in the Gold Togo Swift and ordered it immediately. This is my first Hermes bag and I think it will be perfect for me because I also love a top handle with a shoulder strap or crossbody option as well as a secure closure with easy access.

While I think the Birkin and Kelly are beautiful bags, the 24/24 fits my casual lifestyle perfectly and allows me to carry an exquisitely crafted but subtle bag.

View attachment 5396059
Congratulations on your first Hermes bag. It's a beauty
And we're twins!
Are you planning on wrapping the handle with a twilly? I can't decide if this colorway will need it or not.

• Love
Reactions: jennlt

I already own the 24/24 in size 29 and love it. It's roomy, sporty, and casual chic. It screams elegance, but not identifiable by maker-which is fine with me.

I love cross-body bags but I'm petite--by way of example, the Evelyne 29 looks huge and clumsy. Despite my frame, most small bags look like they're sized for a child. Somehow the 24/24 size 21 impresses me differently. Yes, it's small but its' depth gives it a volume that makes it look right.

To get to your question--it holds a lot! Every essential thing that I fit into the 29, fits into the 21. This includes my regular size Bearn wallet, a zippered nylon Prada cosmetic bag (which holds lipstick, tape measure, pens, emergency chocolate and other paraphernalia I don't want impressing against the interior of my bags), thin eyeglass case, mask and handkerchief. The back pocket handles my iPhone just as easily as the 29. The only thing not in there is my Calvi, which is so small as to be inconsequential. Everything is lined-up, but not tightly.

Having not used the bag yet, I'm not sure if I will have to remove everything just to get one thing out (this happens with my Trim Duo). It also may be, that once something is removed, everything will have to be precisely rearranged, which is not really what you want to be doing when running around. Again, we'll see. I think it will be better than the Trim Duo (despite its' small size things get lost in it), albeit at nearly double the price.

The only thing I don't love is the placement of the hardware for the shoulder strap, which causes the bag to pitch forward. The 29 version behaves similarly, but doesn't seem as pronounced. But oh well. I noticed however, that when arranged towards the side/front of my body, and not at my side, the pitch is counterbalanced and isn't noticeable. This is a design issue I can do nothing about.

Bottom line, it's a handsome bag, much roomier than I expected--in fact, the most roomy small bag I own. Hoping it will be great and user-friendly for traveling and running around.
I loved this review! Especially the part about carrying emergency chocolate in your cosmetic bag. I love how you roll. :biggrin:

I saw in a YouTube video that the rings at the back to attach your strap are positioned differently on the 21 so as to give you multiple options on how to wear it. This woman shows six different ways to wear the bag, including as a waist bag and a backpack!

View attachment 5396059
HOORAY!!! Welcome to the club. This is a stunning version of the bag. I love the gold on gold. Can't wait for you to get it and really be in love. :heart:

• Love
Reactions: jennlt

Okay, you sold me! :love: :hugs:(plus @cakeymakeybakey ‘s action shot :smile:
i have also been interested in the trim duo, but am happy with my much larger and older 35 Trim IIs.

• Love
Reactions: cakeymakeybakey
I loved this review! Especially the part about carrying emergency chocolate in your cosmetic bag. I love how you roll. :biggrin:

I saw in a YouTube video that the rings at the back to attach your strap are positioned differently on the 21 so as to give you multiple options on how to wear it. This woman shows six different ways to wear the bag, including as a waist bag and a backpack!

Well, this is helpful--thank you. However, I already know I will never wear this as a belt bag --it's that pesky waistline issue from all the emergency chocolate!

Congratulations on your first Hermes bag. It's a beauty
And we're twins!
Are you planning on wrapping the handle with a twilly? I can't decide if this colorway will need it or not.
I meant to quote you, too, to thank you for your review because it was also very helpful! I'm so glad to hear that you love yours and luckily for me, I tend to wear crossbody bags on the front but slightly off to one side. Hopefully, that will minimize the pitch that you mentioned.
It's reassuring to me to have a bag twin who has found so many positive qualities about the same bag. I live in a flyover state with no Hermes stores and I bought this sight unseen.
I'm more of a "naked bag" person, to borrow terminology from @880, but once I receive the bag and get a chance to look at it, I may decide to try a twilly. I'd love to see which twilly you choose if you think it needs one. I'm fairly minimalist but I think they look beautiful on other people's bags.

I meant to quote you, too, to thank you for your review because it was also very helpful! I'm so glad to hear that you love yours and luckily for me, I tend to wear crossbody bags on the front but slightly off to one side. Hopefully, that will minimize the pitch that you mentioned.
It's reassuring to me to have a bag twin who has found so many positive qualities about the same bag. I live in a flyover state with no Hermes stores and I bought this sight unseen.
I'm more of a "naked bag" person, to borrow terminology from @880, but once I receive the bag and get a chance to look at it, I may decide to try a twilly. I'd love to see which twilly you choose if you think it needs one. I'm fairly minimalist but I think they look beautiful on other people's bags.
Thank you for your response. I prefer a naked bag too. I dislike the notion of having to add a twilly. On the other hand, I'd be so depressed if the handle darkened perceptibly. My trim duo is the same color and after a year and a half of wear shows no signs of discoloration, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing?

Here's a photo of it with a coordinating twilly.

Thoughts anyone?

Hermes 24-24 Gold w Twilly - 1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your response. I'm a naked bag too. I dislike the notion of having to add a twilly. On the other hand, I'd be so depressed if the handle darkened perceptibly. My trim duo is the same color and after a year and a half of wear shows no signs of discoloration, so maybe I'm worrying about nothing?

Here's a photo of it with a coordinating twilly.

Thoughts anyone?

View attachment 5396203
The colors of the twilly beautifully complement your bag! I haven't had a bag handle discolor except for an ivory bag that I carried years ago but I understand your concern.
I plan to use this as a daily bag and think that it will be generally carefree but you can't go wrong whether you choose to use a twilly or not. Either way, your bag is gorgeous!

HOORAY!!! Welcome to the club. This is a stunning version of the bag. I love the gold on gold. Can't wait for you to get it and really be in love. :heart:
Thank you! I am eagerly anticipating this bag and I think it will be love at first sight. I also keep checking my email for a shipping notice even though I only ordered it a few hours ago :smile:

Oh my goodness-you'll probably get tracking tomorrow. It's so scrumptious! You're going to love it.
I love mine so much, that I don't want to wear it!
I know that feeling well; I kept buying Chanel shoes and bags but was afraid to wear/carry them. I finally rehomed the ones that I couldn't bring myself to sully and kept the items I thought would withstand my klutziness. This bag will be put to work immediately; I have promised myself that I will no longer buy things I'm afraid to use. Let's hope I can keep my promise lol

I know that feeling well; I kept buying Chanel shoes and bags but was afraid to wear/carry them. I finally rehomed the ones that I couldn't bring myself to sully and kept the items I thought would withstand my klutziness. This bag will be put to work immediately; I have promised myself that I will no longer buy things I'm afraid to use. Let's hope I can keep my promise lol
Me too! A toast to wearing our stuff!

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and jennlt