Help! Would you keep this messed up Rogue?

936CC948-B09F-4516-B583-A5854C6BBDC3.jpeg

47B4E4FB-A117-4F1F-813C-6E2F145D7C73.jpeg

Sorry but I don't really see the waviness... Rogues (especially the regular size as that seems to be) get soft and slouchy quite quickly. The waviness would be completely hidden by the slouch in about a week.
By your return history, seeing 5 replacements in a short span, I can see why the supervisor might not want to work with you anymore. It is up to the store's discretion unfortunately.
My apologies. I should have also posted a photo of what the leather should look like, as everyone may not be familiar with this smooth nappa bag. The first photo is how I expected the bag to look (based on Coach’s online photos) and the second photo depicts the “waviness”. Sure, leather can have imperfections and a small area would probably have gone unnoticed. But 1/2 of the back of this particular bag looks this way. I thought I read somewhere in the forums here that these quilted Rogues will remain structured. Do you really feel it will slouch enough for this to blend in?

I wasn't trying to be harsh. A refund is exactly what OP got. By her comments, she wrote that she does not have a Coach boutique in her state, hence she was working directly with JAX and with a supervisor as well. Coach has free shipping & returns in the States, right? So if after 5 replacements (and shipping both ways, on Coach's dime; complimentary gift packaging if OP requested it too) the supervisor can see that OP will not be happy with the quality of the bag, and can no longer keep sending bags to her that she will have a high likelihood of rejecting.

It's not Coach's fault, there are many people who are happy with their bags, plus as leather is a NATURAL material it will have natural variations and five times should be enough to pick one. If OP expects that she will have unlimited replacements (or even that she is entitled to a discount for a future purchase - why?) then Coach is not the company for her.

TPFers in the other forums have moved away from LV because of declining quality control, away from YSL because of declining leather quality, etc etc

It's completely up to you what you are willing to accept in a brand. OP isn't wrong to want what she wants, she just can't have it from Coach, and shouldn't be upset when Coach is telling her that they can't live up to her standards.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I feel like I need to clarify a few things. First let me say that I have loved Coach and carried their bags exclusively for the last 14 years. I am not some snob with ridiculous expectations. I am all about what Coach sells and I simply wanted a bag that looked like the bag they advertised. I did not have the expectation that I could make unlimited returns and, in fact, each return I made was at Coach’s insistence. They assured me that they had the perfect bag I was looking for so I went through the inconvenience of doing the returns.

And it IS Coach’s fault in this case for selling flawed bags, they essentially admitted to it. Also, the bags they sent were clearly returns that probably should have been pulled from circulation.

The reason I felt that a discount on a future purchase was appropriate was to save the relationship. I won’t go into the details, but the experience was a nightmare. Easily one of the worst I’ve had with any company. Yet my heart still wants to love this brand and having them say “we’re sorry it didn’t work out this time and here’s xx% off if you will give us another chance” would have meant something to me.

In most cases I would expect that bags remaining on sale would have some flaws. I wouldn’t be too fussed about it to be honest.

I would be upset if I pay full price and get a messed up bag though. What I’m saying is that if it’s not acceptable, return it and move on. Otherwise keep it knowing that the 6th bag could get progressively worse since whatever remains are likely customer returns like yours.

In most cases I would expect that bags remaining on sale would have some flaws. I wouldn’t be too fussed about it to be honest.

I would be upset if I pay full price and get a messed up bag though. What I’m saying is that if it’s not acceptable, return it and move on. Otherwise keep it knowing that the 6th bag could get progressively worse since whatever remains are likely customer returns like yours.
I agree with you. If I had purchased this bag on some kind of clearance sale or at the outlets for 50% off (or more!) I would have been OK with some flaws. However, I purchased it with PCE last month and that’s not the same to me. They still have 40 of these in stock, but you are absolutely right...#6 could be even worse.

My apologies. I should have also posted a photo of what the leather should look like, as everyone may not be familiar with this smooth nappa bag. The first photo is how I expected the bag to look (based on Coach’s online photos) and the second photo depicts the “waviness”. Sure, leather can have imperfections and a small area would probably have gone unnoticed. But 1/2 of the back of this particular bag looks this way. I thought I read somewhere in the forums here that these quilted Rogues will remain structured. Do you really feel it will slouch enough for this to blend in?

I don't own the quilted or this size Rogue so I can't say. The Rogue Clubhouse would be a better place to ask. Notably post #7809, the user got the grey version of this at the outlet a week ago (for less than $300 too!). Post #7810 has a peanut butter version of it. You could try to contact them and ask about their leather and experience. Post #7819 has quite the collection, though none are the quilted, you can see that many of them are slouching. Post #7832 has a collection of 25s including the quilted (not quite the same again but you could ask about the leather).

Here's a picture. Post 7407.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/rogue-club.934590/page-494

I agree with you. If I had purchased this bag on some kind of clearance sale or at the outlets for 50% off (or more!) I would have been OK with some flaws. However, I purchased it with PCE last month and that’s not the same to me. They still have 40 of these in stock, but you are absolutely right...#6 could be even worse.
I think w/ the PCE you paid around $700. I agree, that's too much for a flawed item. Price point is relative I guess but I would send it back and would have tried at least one more time to see what I got. If they insisted I return again, I probably would, too. You love the bag so you are hopeful. Hard to find quality any more in anything.

I ordered the quilted Parker and noticed the sides are wrinkly. I need to look at it again this weekend but can't remember how it looked in the store now. Maybe this quilted nappa leather is more prone to wrinkles as it seems thinner.

I hope you get the resolution you are looking for. Expectations are different for everyone.

How funny! With the way you schooled me about the leather, it’s lack of wrinkles and it’s ability to slouch easily I would have thought that you at least owned the bag.

Don't be nasty. I also provided multiple specific posts with pictures or people who do own it. Funny how you chose to nitpick that I don't personally own it and ignore that I was helping you find the bag in the Clubhouse thread.

Reactions: AstridRhapsody
Don't be nasty. I also provided multiple specific posts with pictures or people who do own it. Funny how you chose to nitpick that I don't personally own it and ignore that I was helping you find the bag in the Clubhouse thread.
I wasn’t trying to be nasty, perhaps a bit snarky though and I apologize. I do appreciate the effort you put into finding info for me in the Rogue Clubhouse, though I am not sure if I’ll continue to post on this topic. Ultimately I am sad that I’m not going to end up with the bag that I love and rehashing the story is like salting the wound.

Reactions: momofgirls
I think w/ the PCE you paid around $700. I agree, that's too much for a flawed item. Price point is relative I guess but I would send it back and would have tried at least one more time to see what I got. If they insisted I return again, I probably would, too. You love the bag so you are hopeful. Hard to find quality any more in anything.

I ordered the quilted Parker and noticed the sides are wrinkly. I need to look at it again this weekend but can't remember how it looked in the store now. Maybe this quilted nappa leather is more prone to wrinkles as it seems thinner.

I hope you get the resolution you are looking for. Expectations are different for everyone.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Bagmedic. Yeah, if it wasn’t for CS insisting I likely would have kept bag #3. I’m sorry to hear that your new Parker has a similar issue. Bag #2 was severely wrinkled, almost puckered, on the sides and they are supposed to be smooth. I think you may be on to something with the nappa leather. Or maybe they just didn’t get the best batch and thought they’d be able to hide the flaws in the quilting. IDK. It’s so unfortunate because I really love the look of a soft, smooth leather. I also hope that you have a good outcome with the Parker.

Reactions: Bagmedic