Help which Since 1854 bag should I keep?

You dont think it is a good idea to protect from stains?
Plus since this is a very new material from Vuitton, we don’t know yet, how it reacts to these treatments on long run. Maybe it works fine, but its colours will fade a little from them a little. If you can wait a few months and be a little more careful with the bag until that, others will surely try all the sprays and we’ll know more.

It can already stand if you’ll be caught in the rain. That won’t leave a mark, you can just wipe it off. If some ketchup or oil gets onto it… well, that is a good question. I don’t know the exact chemistry of these ‘guard’ products, but usually chemicals that are hydrophobic are not oleophobic and vica versa. So an oily or alcohol type of liquid can break them, just like they do with the classic Monogram canvas.
Some proofing techniques can do both, but they are mostly fine plastic based fumes applied to the material, and I doubt that the ‘guards’ are like them, since those cannot be applied at home (dangerous and needs industrial equipment).
Super informative! Thank you very much!

Reactions: Raaz and BULL
Thanks for all your input everyone! I have decided and the winner is.............the Pochette Metis! I just like that it is a little bit bigger of a bag. Now to decide if I should scotchguard the bag or not :thinking:
How are you liking your 1854 PM? Debating if I want to pick up blue too, but not sure if I'll like PM. I was never drawn to PM until I saw it in 1854, so I've never really thought about it. My biggest concern is the size of the bag and potential wear and tear when worn crossbody. How much are you usually able to fit? Are there any signs of wear on the PM yet? I wouldn't use the PM everyday, but I'd still like to know if it holds up well months later. Thanks!

How are you liking your 1854 PM? Debating if I want to pick up blue too, but not sure if I'll like PM. I was never drawn to PM until I saw it in 1854, so I've never really thought about it. My biggest concern is the size of the bag and potential wear and tear when worn crossbody. How much are you usually able to fit? Are there any signs of wear on the PM yet? I wouldn't use the PM everyday, but I'd still like to know if it holds up well months later. Thanks!
I still absolutely love the bag! I am the same as you. I never cared about the pochette metis until I saw it in the Since 1854 collection. It holds everything I typically carry during the day (card holder, sunglasses case, tape measure, pen, lip stick or gloss, and hand sanitizer). Wear and tear wise with the pandemic I have only worn the bag a handful of times. I am always a bit more cautious with this bag as it is fabric and not leather but it still looks brand new!

I still absolutely love the bag! I am the same as you. I never cared about the pochette metis until I saw it in the Since 1854 collection. It holds everything I typically carry during the day (card holder, sunglasses case, tape measure, pen, lip stick or gloss, and hand sanitizer). Wear and tear wise with the pandemic I have only worn the bag a handful of times. I am always a bit more cautious with this bag as it is fabric and not leather but it still looks brand new!
Thank you for the updated review!

Reactions: ElectricBoots