Help me choose? Coach Cassie, Turnlock Clutch or Tabby Pillow 26

pandorabox

"She was wearing all Chanel."
O.G.
May 2, 2011
NJ
I have the Cassie and the turn lock clutch both in black. I have yet to carry the Cassie as it is very similar to one of my favorite vintage Vuitton bags. I reach for the turn lock clutch at least once or twice a month. Which do you feel would better fit your lifestyle? which one makes your heart sing or at least makes you smile? Or me being the enabler which I am get them both. Good luck with your decision.
BTW...I love how your SA dressed up the Cassie.
[/QUOTE

Do you use your Turnlock for dinner out or daily?

pandorabox

O.G.
May 2, 2011
NJ
Interesting, what was it about the Cassie you didn't like?
Good question... So ok, compared to my rambler, I actually did not care for the 3 compartments. I like and prefer the look of the single smooth body as opposed to pockets on the bottom. I did not care for the feel leather. It actually felt a little stiffer than what I would prefer. I had a bag similar and the leather reminded me of that. Also, I was not interested in another black bag and I really did not like the look of the chalk in person. I hope that all makes sense.

winter_knight

Jun 16, 2020
Good question... So ok, compared to my rambler, I actually did not care for the 3 compartments. I like and prefer the look of the single smooth body as opposed to pockets on the bottom. I did not care for the feel leather. It actually felt a little stiffer than what I would prefer. I had a bag similar and the leather reminded me of that. Also, I was not interested in another black bag and I really did not like the look of the chalk in person. I hope that all makes sense.
Understandable. Was just wondering as I have a Cassie but noticed I don't use her. I like to look at her and dress her up but there is something about the bag I'm not feeling and I can't put my finger on it. I'm with you about only having one compartment.

I'm running an experiment where I track which bags I'm using this year on a spreadsheet to determine cost per wear. So far I always find a bag I prefer over the Cassie.

Reactions: pandorabox

pandorabox

O.G.
May 2, 2011
NJ
Understandable. Was just wondering as I have a Cassie but noticed I don't use her. I like to look at her and dress her up but there is something about the bag I'm not feeling and I can't put my finger on it. I'm with you about only having one compartment.

I'm running an experiment where I track which bags I'm using this year on a spreadsheet to determine cost per wear. So far I always find a bag I prefer over the Cassie.
Oh yeah, so I went back to the store today to get a scratch looked at on one of my bags and I sat and looked at the Cassie again in black and chalk. I really just did not feel it... I could not get into it and I was happy with my choice to get the tabby pillow instead. The leather is pebbled and I am not a fan. I much prefer the glove tanned leather for coach. I have had pebbled leather and I never like it later on. I totally get what you mean. I rather have a few bags I love and used than never reach for them at all. I have several items I really just need to sell off.. Keep us posted on that experiment. I would love to hear the results.