Help! Anyone Had Problems w/Finish on Hamilton Locks?

My silver lock on my ns pebbled Hamilton looks perfect. Is it just a brass lock issue?

Paula, I just called the MK boutique nearest me and asked if they had replacement locks. The SA said they usually did but that they're waiting for a shipment to arrive in about a week. She took my name and phone no. and said she'd put one aside for me and give me a call when it comes in. She automatically asked me if it was gold, so maybe you're right. I asked if they'd had a manufacturing problem with a batch of these recently and she said yes. Mystery solved!

Did you both handle this through e-mail at [email protected]? This is what I was told to do when I called the phone no. listed on the MK website. They did request a photo of the lock and bag, but I received an e-mail failure notification the first time I tried replying. I think I figured out why and successfully (hopefully) sent my reply, but I haven't heard back. Can you tell me how long it took you to hear from them and get your replacement locks? Thanks!
Mine was a different address because it was being shipped to canada.

This happened to my black hamilton and it bothered me so much that I just peeled off the matte layer (it easily flaked off). So the lock now looks shiny all around and I actually don't mind it. Interestingly, the lock on my saffiano navy blue hamilton is intact.

+1. This is exactly what happened to mine, so I peeled off the matte layer also. I like the shiny look!