Gucci SS18

Very disappointing after Cruise'18, the only things I liked were some of the silver jewellery, though those are already out currently.

The new pieces look clumsy to me, that the GAC inspired pieces were standout is just sad. When all is said and deconstructed are there nice pieces to love and covert for parties present and a future of a fabulous past? No, apart from a couple of large man bags there's only costume and costumes are just for shows/Insta/selfies. I buy runway, I choose from runway, I don't want Elton-goes-GDR on the catwalk and look at watered down 'classic' pieces that have no relevance in-store. Nothing to buy here.

I'm not impressed by the 'wit', Real Gucci, XL, "we're not afraid of logos", GUCCY ha ha, same joke we've had on the catwalk for 2 years. I get it. We keep on being promised Heidegger, Camus, and Nietzsche and we get what ever sold last week, that's not clever and that's not arty, that's business.

Interesting review on WWD of the show, the piece was about why they refused to comment. Very telling and very diplomatically done.

I have been waiting for others to chime in on your post PT, but we appear to have been struck dumb!
I hunted down the article you mentioned in wwd, thanks for an interesting read. I suspect I had by far the better seat of the show, being a country mouse watching a livestream, in comparison with the cosmopolitan few squinting through the gloaming haze.

Reactions: papertiger
I have been waiting for others to chime in on your post PT, but we appear to have been struck dumb!
I hunted down the article you mentioned in wwd, thanks for an interesting read. I suspect I had by far the better seat of the show, being a country mouse watching a livestream, in comparison with the cosmopolitan few squinting through the gloaming haze.

Oh no, that was not my intention.

I love some of the bags but we've seen those before. And of course I have and carry my vintage GAC Boston with pride and intend to check out the brown suede/web stripe/black trim version of @pmburk's vintage GAC bag. My comment is far more about the RTW - which I used to buy plenty of, but I have plenty of vintage kitsch, what I need is .... not more of the same.

Apologies anyone hesitant to post because of anything I may have said about the show, please voice your opinions, as you can see I am in the minority :hugs: :flowers: