Gucci GG Belt reveal and experience

Hi,
Sorry for posting here because I can't post since I am new here.
I brought a Gucci belt at Harrods and the gold has started to fade/scratch off. Is this normal?
I only got this on Tuesday and I have stopped wearing it because of that. What should I do?
Hey I have the same problem :sad:
Mine is only few weeks old & used it about three times and I can see the same issues as yours
Did you take it back to Gucci ? Love to hear how you go

Same issue with my belt, the gold is coming off and I am seeing silver. Makes me so mad! I had mine for less than a year and have worn it about 10 times. I have a lot cheaper belts that I’ve had for over 20 years and they are holding up much better.

For anyone having issues with their nearly new belts take back to Gucci ASAP and ask for a refund or replacement. The longer you leave it the easier it is for employees to turn around and say it's because of wear and tear.

" OFF WHITE" GUCCI 1.5" BELT FOR SALE ALERT IF YOU LIVE IN US!

I've been on a wait list for over 4 months now in US with no luck. There are none in the country. I've been checking European sites almost daily
like Net-A-Porter, and Farfetch just got them in 4 sizes if anyone's interested. YAY! 75,80,85,90 right now..:biggrin:

Hi,
Sorry for posting here because I can't post since I am new here.
I brought a Gucci belt at Harrods and the gold has started to fade/scratch off. Is this normal?
I only got this on Tuesday and I have stopped wearing it because of that. What should I do?

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but what did you do in the end? I have the same situation with my new bag I bought less than a week ago and only used once :sad: I want to exchange for a new one but I don’t know if they’ll let me.

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but what did you do in the end? I have the same situation with my new bag I bought less than a week ago and only used once :sad: I want to exchange for a new one but I don’t know if they’ll let me.[/QUO

I own several of the GG Marmont belts and have never had a problem. Nor do I know of any other people that own them. Gucci does have a one year warranty. Just take it into any Gucci store and they will send it for repair - with your receipt of course. If you do not have a Gucci store near you you can also mail it in for repair. Call their 800 number or go to their website for instructions on how to to it.

Good luck!!:smile:

Hi, hope you don’t mind me asking but what did you do in the end? I have the same situation with my new bag I bought less than a week ago and only used once :sad: I want to exchange for a new one but I don’t know if they’ll let me.
I didn’t go and exchange it since train tickets were expensive (its about 50 mins to get to London from where I live) and I’d tried contacting Harrods, they said to take in for assessment. But the belt got stolen in a burglary in January:sad:

Hey I have the same problem :sad:
Mine is only few weeks old & used it about three times and I can see the same issues as yours
Did you take it back to Gucci ? Love to hear how you go
Sorry, I just saw these messages-
I didn’t go and exchange it since train tickets were expensive (its about 50 mins to get to London from where I live) and I’d tried contacting Harrods, they said to take in for assessment. But the belt got stolen in a burglary in January:sad:
Same issue with my belt, the gold is coming off and I am seeing silver. Makes me so mad! I had mine for less than a year and have worn it about 10 times. I have a lot cheaper belts that I’ve had for over 20 years and they are holding up much better.

I got my 85cm Gucci belt a couple months ago from Nordstrom but only wore it for the first time Friday with my Citizens jeans. I mostly wear high rise jeans now so this is the perfect size for me to wear with my jeans and also with a jacket or dress to cinch the waist. What a great belt this is, I'm so happy I took the plunge!!

Attachments

• Gucci belt.jpg
    Gucci belt.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 722
Hi! Did you end up doing anything about this?

I purchased my first GG belt in October. I wore it 5 times max and at Christmas I looked down and it was all scratched up. I was so upset. I ended up decided to call Gucci since it had only been 2 months. They were super helpful. They said I was still in the warranty time frame (sorry I didn't ask what that was, I should had) and to send it in for repairs. If they can't repair it they will send a new one. I was happy with this. It makes me feel better that they are helpful about it. So, it wouldn't hurt to ask your sales rep or call in about it.