Gucci Dionysus still hot or not ?

I actually got the blue one but I’m finding it very hard to wear during a day . I feel like crystals is too much. Little bit of special event bag. I have to say it’s beautiful but I’m not sure if I need a bag sitting in my closet for long periods . I need a bag that is camel or tan . I am considering getting givenchy gv3 in medium and returning Gucci . I just don’t know if I should keep it or not ?

I am still in love with my Dionysus canvas WOC, I wear it pretty much daily. It's by far my most used bag, even though it is technically a WOC... :smile:
Canvas is very casual and kinda bag that subtly screams “ I’m Gucci baby” I love that bag . It just doesn’t go with anything I wear . Lucky you goes with your wardrobe. Enjoy !

The blue one came home but I’m not sure if I’ll keep it or get something more casual that I can wear daily

Hi guys,

I have a Gucci Dionysus GG Supreme in the classic taupe colour and small size. I absolutely LOVE the vintage vibe of the bag as well as the structured, classic silhouette. I think the 70s vintage vibe gives the bag a "timeless" quality. I intend to keep the bag as it's the most "playful" in my wardrobe against a backdrop of Chanel classic flaps and top handle, lady-like bags.

However, I'm wary that there's a bit of negative public opinion out there towards the Dionysus. It's often viewed as "too loud" or "too trendy". What do we think? Will she still be relevant and appealing in ten/twenty years from now or is she just a "trendy" piece?

I have a pink leather Dionysus and people go crazy over it when I wear it. These bags are works of art imo. I don’t plan on ever getting rid of mine. These are special pieces. Who knows how you will feel about it in 20 years. I know we see them a lot on Instagram but frankly these are bags not often seen on the street. Enjoy your bag. I wouldn’t worry about whether it’s trendy.

I have loved these bags since they were introduced but never saw one that worked for me and my wardrobe. Then, a couple months ago, Mr. Sparkle gave me “my Dionysus” in navy. OMG! I adore that bag because it truly is like art and, in navy, it’s so versatile.

One of the things I love about Gucci is that they constantly innovate while always keeping true to their core brand markers, voice and iconography. Many times, new product that most people think is trendy and new is really a reference to something Gucci did once (or 100) times before. What that means is almost nothing from Gucci is a throw away trend of the moment. (Well, ok... maybe some of those hideously overdone tennis shoes with the straps and stones are. LOL!) Even if the specific element on a bag or piece of clothing isn’t in the current collection it is part of the history and will circle back around in short order.

That all being said, the Dionysus is a flap bag with cute hardware. Flap bags don’t really go out of style. :shrugs: Which is why so many of us are good with sinking money into bags like the Chanel classic flap.

So, all up and in, if you work in fashion or run in circles where people only wear things “of the moment” you may have times where your Dionysus isn’t the star. But, then if that was your life, you wouldn’t be asking. You’d be flinging your Dionysus in the trash and hunting for the next best thing. :lol: So, for the rest of us - who are probably 99% of the population - the bag will always be admired as simply stunning and a piece to be coveted. :love:

I have loved these bags since they were introduced but never saw one that worked for me and my wardrobe. Then, a couple months ago, Mr. Sparkle gave me “my Dionysus” in navy. OMG! I adore that bag because it truly is like art and, in navy, it’s so versatile.

One of the things I love about Gucci is that they constantly innovate while always keeping true to their core brand markers, voice and iconography. Many times, new product that most people think is trendy and new is really a reference to something Gucci did once (or 100) times before. What that means is almost nothing from Gucci is a throw away trend of the moment. (Well, ok... maybe some of those hideously overdone tennis shoes with the straps and stones are. LOL!) Even if the specific element on a bag or piece of clothing isn’t in the current collection it is part of the history and will circle back around in short order.

That all being said, the Dionysus is a flap bag with cute hardware. Flap bags don’t really go out of style. :shrugs: Which is why so many of us are good with sinking money into bags like the Chanel classic flap.

So, all up and in, if you work in fashion or run in circles where people only wear things “of the moment” you may have times where your Dionysus isn’t the star. But, then if that was your life, you wouldn’t be asking. You’d be flinging your Dionysus in the trash and hunting for the next best thing. :lol: So, for the rest of us - who are probably 99% of the population - the bag will always be admired as simply stunning and a piece to be coveted. :love:
Ah the navy! I love that color.

Leather and suede Dionysus: beautiful, alluring, and timeless. One of the few flap bags that is iconic without logo hardware in your face, simple but unique and intricate all at once, and not trying to chase the Chanel flap. Dionysus adorned with super gaudy or random stuff all over them: probably not timeless. GG Dionysus, I don't know, the textile pattern itself is timeless based on history, but for me personally nothing with logos remains in favor for too long (unless it is LV monogram.) It is certainly not "too loud" or "too trendy." If anything the Marmont might be those things.

Is the Gucci Dionysus still popular or is it going out of style? I think it's beautiful but wonder if it has run its course or it's a classic. I like the "old" small bag in black leather but am not sure if it is too big to wear day or night. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Is the Gucci Dionysus still popular or is it going out of style? I think it's beautiful but wonder if it has run its course or it's a classic. I like the "old" small bag in black leather but am not sure if it is too big to wear day or night. What are your thoughts?
I still like the Dionysus. It’s a classic in my view (nothing screams more Gucci than the Dionysus without the monograms) and I kept mine. It just depends if you prefer to follow the trends and whether you can take the weight of the chains.