First Time Buying Chanel Boutique Experience

i recommend picking a time that is not busy to visit the store. some boutiques, especially in touristy cities like paris, barcelona, rome etc., are always super busy, so unless your boutique is one of those go early so everything is less rushed and you have time to decide on a clear head.

i'm not much of a boutique experience woman, i like getting in and out, just buying what i want because the more i stay in the boutique the more confused i get. trying this bag and that bag, second guessing myself etc. that is why i mostly do remote phone/whatsapp orders now.

Just had my first experience at both NM and the Chanel boutique in San Francisco. It was pleasant. I was shocked how small the stores are. The SA at the boutique showed me several bags including a small 19 which I will purchase at another time. I was pretty nervous but it was fine.
Do you have contact information on the SA that assisted you? I’m in the SF Bay Area and hoping to purchase my first Chanel soon!

i stopped by a NM boutique for the first time too and they were pretty helpful. they didn’t have a particular model but offered to order it just so I could see it! She also mentioned I could use the NM card, not sure about NM gift cards. Anyone know?

Hi there! I'm new to Chanel and have a very small collection of luxury goods. I stopped by a boutique last week and asked about a classic black cardholder and was instantly told they are all "on reserve." What does that mean – they're on hold for VIP customers?

I stopped by another boutique today and asked the SA about a medium classic flap, and she immediately said I would look better with a jumbo and really tried to dissuade me from a medium. She then said she had one jumbo "on reserve" she could show me, and brought out a black and silver caviar classic flap. I wasn't sure if this is common or if Chanel is like Hermes and bags are only offered to specific customers. But I felt like after I turned it down and asked her to put me on the wait list for a medium classic flap, her attitude totally shifted. She had said she wanted to show me jewelry earlier, and ended up not even showing me anything or walking me out of the store and seemed dismissive. Was it rude for me to turn down the bag, or maybe she got a closer reading of me and thought I'm not worth her time?