First Rolex: White or Silver Dial?

Those who are trash talking the white haven’t seen it in person, I’m willing to guess. It’s not flat or clinical, it’s refreshing and modern and actually a more deluxe dual because it’s enamel, not painted.

Best thing to do is spend several visits at Rolex and see what sings to you.

i`ve seen it and compared to the white, the silver looks more interesting to me.Depending on the lights, it seems to change the silver shade colour. --- But the white looks nice, too. Best thing is to buy both of them :biggrin::P

Last edited:
Reactions: Lilleput
The fluted bezel shimmers in the light. The roman numerals are a nice touch too. Have you looked at the mother of pearl dial? It is the softest of soft pink that pairs well with everything.

Reactions: BrookeA
Those who are trash talking the white haven’t seen it in person, I’m willing to guess. It’s not flat or clinical, it’s refreshing and modern and actually a more deluxe dual because it’s enamel, not painted.

Best thing to do is spend several visits at Rolex and see what sings to you.
I used to work with Rolex and I’ve been looking at both for the last decade. I still stand my statement that the white is cold and clinical. Also we used to outsell silver dials compared to white dials every month, every year. But to each his own.

I used to work with Rolex and I’ve been looking at both for the last decade. I still stand my statement that the white is cold and clinical. Also we used to outsell silver dials compared to white dials every month, every year. But to each his own.

White is the winner in terms of actually telling the time at a glance. What you see as cold and clinical, to me is fresh and clean. Definitely to each her own. When I chose my watch, I wasn’t looking for the top seller but, rather, what looked best on me and to me.

Reactions: Cogmarks and jellyv
Fluted bezel is white gold, camouflages scratches but can’t be polished. Smooth dial is steel, scratches are obvious but can be removed by polishing.
If you like a classic look then fluted, smooth for a sportier look. White and Silver dials looks good. White on steel gives a younger, more vibrant look compared to silver on steel.

Reactions: BrookeA
Fluted for sure! I find silver more interesting than white. It’s funny because I find the Rolex sale associates always do the double take to make sure that I really wanted the white, like “are you sure?” kind of thing. I guess none of them really prefer white themselves?! Who knows!