First Goyard.. Artois PM or St Louis

Hi guys! Looking to get my first Goyard and love the Artois. BUT I saw someone packing and their St Louis folded up so small and it's great to pack. I just hate that it has no zipper. So I'm torn as to what to get. Is the Artois also able to fold up and be packed similar to the St Louis or no, because it's more structured?? TIA
I have both and agree that the Artois is not packable because of the wide base. I typically carry my Artois MM on the plane and then pack the SL in a roller carry on (I have even packed it in checked luggage but that is a risk). I can then use my SL PM as a smaller tote at my destination. So packability is a huge plus for the SL but I love the zipper on the Artois which is why I ended up with both.

Reactions: c18027
My first and as yet only is an MM Artois in Black and Tan. It is over 3 years old and I’m so happy with it. As others have said, it is a real workhorse and looks as good as the day I first unboxed it.

I too struggled to decide between the St Louis and the Artois but I’m confident I made the right choice for me. Things I love:
- The zip - feels much more secure at airports and in crowded places
- the internal pocket with easy fastener, - big enough for make-up items, cards and keys
- the leather corner reinforcements.

Someone above queried its relative capacity. Well not having a St Louis, I can’t compare, but I can say that it is so capacious that I think I wouldn’t want to fill anything bigger as it would be too heavy. I use this as my “small” handbag when flying and it takes all my electrical including iPad and Kindle, jewellery roll, purse, water bottle and god knows what else. It’s brilliant!

My first and as yet only is an MM Artois in Black and Tan. It is over 3 years old and I’m so happy with it. As others have said, it is a real workhorse and looks as good as the day I first unboxed it.

I too struggled to decide between the St Louis and the Artois but I’m confident I made the right choice for me. Things I love:
- The zip - feels much more secure at airports and in crowded places
- the internal pocket with easy fastener, - big enough for make-up items, cards and keys
- the leather corner reinforcements.

Someone above queried its relative capacity. Well not having a St Louis, I can’t compare, but I can say that it is so capacious that I think I wouldn’t want to fill anything bigger as it would be too heavy. I use this as my “small” handbag when flying and it takes all my electrical including iPad and Kindle, jewellery roll, purse, water bottle and god knows what else. It’s brilliant!

My white Artois GM is very roomy, I use it to carry my laptop and as a travel bag. It’s durable too and can take heavy use. The white still looks white after 6 years, the handles aren’t too bad either. Can’t recommend it enough. The green, orange and sky blue colors are great too!

CDBD1EDB-4504-4EC2-A251-ACF6A252C10B.jpeg