Favorite Chanel YouTubers?

I like the more “practical” or lux lifestyle channels where it’s not about having the biggest collection, but the most useful one ... Colorful Noir (good tips on planning purchases, cost per wear), HighLowLuxxe (focuses on styling her bags, using color), KatL (luxury trends, attempts at a more minimal lifestyle), Sophie Shohet (styling, luxury trends), Karen Brit Chick (great content on color, trends and styling).

Last edited:
I also love Cassie Thorpe because she is really down to earth and also self-aware in a refreshing way. Sophie Shohet is also nice but her videos have become a bit bland.

The rest? Pretty horrible most of the time. It’s basically just ‘look at my wealth‘ and the endless repetition of the same topics over and over. At the end of the day, these are just bags and the topic is exhausted quite quickly and you can really tell based on their content.

Je Suis Lou is the worst of them IMO. I‘m not meaning to throw shade at them personally or anyone who enjoys them but something about them rubs me the wrong way. It sometimes feels like they put out these videos to justify their expensive purchases. I could be totally wrong here but this is just the feeling they evoke.

Last edited:
what i don’t like about a lot of them is they are not honest. you are a 20-23 year-old college student that works part time and buying a birkin? don’t tell me you have been saving for so long and you don’t have a trust fund or family money. or “influencers” buing 6 hermes bags a year while spending money on designer clothes claiming they don’t come from money. i live in the real world, i work in the real world, i’m old enough to see and engineer enough to calculate - the math doesn’t add up...

what i don’t like about a lot of them is they are not honest. you are a 20-23 year-old college student that works part time and buying a birkin? don’t tell me you have been saving for so long and you don’t have a trust fund or family money. or “influencers” buing 6 hermes bags a year while spending money on designer clothes claiming they don’t come from money. i live in the real world, i work in the real world, i’m old enough to see and engineer enough to calculate - the math doesn’t add up...

When I was a student I was working 6-10pm each day after classes and doing overtime during uni breaks to save for uni fees & general cost of living etc the most I bought was a DKNY bag at the time which I used all the time haha.. chanel and birkin never crossed my mind. Have only just managed to get into the chanel world.

Yeah also this. These channels convey the impression that it is totally normal to keep buying this stuff on a regular basis when it totally isn’t and I really do not like the impact it probably has on younger people who go into dept in order to achieve a lifestyle they have learned to be the way to go.

I mean when I was a student at university I could afford pasta and wore my old stuff to death (still do that). I couldn’t even think of luxury bags. 60€ for a book was a lot back then.

When I was a student I was working 6-10pm each day after classes and doing overtime during uni breaks to save for uni fees & general cost of living etc the most I bought was a DKNY bag at the time which I used all the time haha.. chanel and birkin never crossed my mind. Have only just managed to get into the chanel world.
I agree with this hard. I see a lot of the younger youtubers out there and really wonder. I also worked full time while going to school full time (HORRIBLE) and am only buying luxury now in my 30s. I've a few questions on my channel on how I afford luxury and my biggest thing is that I worked really hard and don't have debt.

JoJoLux, Autum Beckmann (cause she lives on earth), Michelle Wang (mostly make up but her bag purchases are not what everyone else buys, refreshing. Loved her last Chanel unboxing), useless and Emma hill for their sustainable fashion sense.

im tired of everyone showing the same bags and seemingly overnight switch to Hermès. H has been around forever, why did they all discover that brand at the same time?

I know..I was buying fossil and Kate spade as a college student! How the world has changed!

JoJoLux, Autum Beckmann (cause she lives on earth), Michelle Wang (mostly make up but her bag purchases are not what everyone else buys, refreshing. Loved her last Chanel unboxing), useless and Emma hill for their sustainable fashion sense.

im tired of everyone showing the same bags and seemingly overnight switch to Hermès. H has been around forever, why did they all discover that brand at the same time?
They all want to climb the status ladder. if you have a luxury YouTube channel, then you have to acquire a Kelly or Birkin...whether or not these bags suit your lifestyle is irrelevant. It’s the holy grail of handbags and that reason alone is enough. I also get tired of people just acquiring the same classic handbags from each fashion house...the lack of fashion sense and individual style is obvious. I think it’s more of a hoarding issue than anything else. Like lux mommy for example...all of her bags are some variation of nude or brown and some don’t even suit her style but you know...it’s quite predictable what bags she’ll buy.

A very relatable and great youtuber is chicprofessor. She buys almost exclusively preloved and not like the brand new preloved kind either; she buys bags that have wear and sometime are missing straps, and likely a lot more reasonably priced for being "imperfect" for the average person, and she's honest about her interest in sustainability and affordability. Her collection is also well-curated to her lifestyle and has a broad range of brands. I really like her.

I agree with some previous posters that when I see a VERY young youtuber who talks about affording a birkin on a part time job while in college (and they live in a huge, well-furnished apartment while still in college), i see red flags everywhere, and I really don't believe they can pay for it all without familial help. And here's the thing; there's nothing wrong with having that trust fund money! If you're lucky enough to have it, good for you, buy the bags and show us (because that's what we're there for at least in part), but don't fake humility and pretend that you don't have money to rely on. Just my two cents.

Just found this thread and it’s quite interesting!
I actually didn’t know a lot of the mentioned youtubers.. but I do look for videos that have either great info or great visuals .. found some of the videos of melly oso very useful :smile:
I very recently and spontaneously started my own channel too, it’s a bit experimental and I’m more into visuals, music and craft.. and I yet have to add my first chanel vid .. :giggle:
but if someone needs some weekend entertainment... :coolio:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCNOo5ad19YrKelqQElxFsJw

They all want to climb the status ladder. if you have a luxury YouTube channel, then you have to acquire a Kelly or Birkin...whether or not these bags suit your lifestyle is irrelevant. It’s the holy grail of handbags and that reason alone is enough. I also get tired of people just acquiring the same classic handbags from each fashion house...the lack of fashion sense and individual style is obvious. I think it’s more of a hoarding issue than anything else. Like lux mommy for example...all of her bags are some variation of nude or brown and some don’t even suit her style but you know...it’s quite predictable what bags she’ll buy.

I agree with all of this so much.

I don’t understand getting a Birkin/Kelly right out of the gate and unboxing in a YouTube channel. When I see these really young ladies in college carrying Birkins... it just makes me wonder... well what happens next? You already got the penultimate bag, where does your channel really go from here? I’m probably not explaining myself well, but... I don’t know how you really run a channel when a year into this social media career you’re unboxing the final level against Bowser, so to speak.

At the same token, maybe it’s smarter to just buy the penultimate bag you really want rather than buying a few >$2500 bags to appear more down to earth for your viewership.

I also suspect some do these YouTubers are mixing super-fakes with authentics.

I don’t really believe there is an age to the Birkin per se, but the first time I really saw a Birkin was on Lady Martha (Stewart) during her big insider trading show-trial and to me, that image makes more ‘sense’ than someone 2 years into undergrad carrying one.

on topic: as far as luxe YouTubers go, I’m subbed to a few but Melissa Soldera & Sophie Shohet are really the only ones I watch with regularity; Hello Catwalk City I listen to in a trance - so calming. :lol: I now just YouTube the exact bag I’m interested in.