Everyday use : boy bag caviar or Chanel reissue 2.55 aged calfskin

Everyday bag

• Caviar boy bag

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Aged calfskin reissue 2.55

Votes: 63 76.8%

• Total voters
That’s a tough one. The puzzle and reissue are two of my favorite bags. Personally, I wear the puzzle more frequently. It is extremely comfortable to wear crossbody or on the shoulder and I love the hand carry option too. The only drawback is that it is a casual bag so I don’t try to dress it up. The reissue is understated elegance and so classic, but the obscene price increases are driving up preloved prices also (for bags in excellent condition). I bought a preloved 226 in excellent condition two years ago for $3400 and these days I see bags in similar condition selling for $5k+. I also bought a new 225 in London for $4750 in summer of 2019 ( that was about what I paid in USD after I got my vat refund back). To be honest, it’s a great bag but I don’t think it’s worth more than the $3500-$4k price. If you are sure that you will eventually need to scratch that reissue itch, then I’d say go for that first.

Reactions: Raerae0518
That’s a tough one. The puzzle and reissue are two of my favorite bags. Personally, I wear the puzzle more frequently. It is extremely comfortable to wear crossbody or on the shoulder and I love the hand carry option too. The only drawback is that it is a casual bag so I don’t try to dress it up. The reissue is understated elegance and so classic, but the obscene price increases are driving up preloved prices also (for bags in excellent condition). I bought a preloved 226 in excellent condition two years ago for $3400 and these days I see bags in similar condition selling for $5k+. I also bought a new 225 in London for $4750 in summer of 2019 ( that was about what I paid in USD after I got my vat refund back). To be honest, it’s a great bag but I don’t think it’s worth more than the $3500-$4k price. If you are sure that you will eventually need to scratch that reissue itch, then I’d say go for that first.
I am looking at pre loved 227 and it's 5300. The prices are insane but I really do love the bag and am wishing I had gone with a reissue instead of a classic flap I recently purchased but now I'm going to take a
I am looking at a 227 in excellent condition at 5300. I have a classic flap with gold hardware but love that the reissue is more casual feeling and understated but recently bought the classic flap so the thought of spending that kind of money again has me thinking. I may need to order the puzzle bag and try it on and see how the purse feels. I do like the casualness of it

Yes... trying it on is the best way to know. I ordered my first puzzle from fashionphile on a whim because I liked the stone blue color and had watched a YouTube video by karenbritchick. I didn't think I would keep it, but the color just went with a lot in my wardrobe...so I kept it. I loved it so much I decided I was going to buy the tan...I bought it a few months later from Saks when they had one of their events and went through ****** to save an additional 10%. If you do decide on the puzzle you should be able to get it for aroundd $2k with taxes included during this time of year. So there’s that.

I do think the 227 size is not as in demand as the 226 size so even if you wait...you may come across a better deal.

Reactions: Raerae0518