Engagement ring in Manhattan

Does the center stone have a halo? Halos give great sparkle, I'm sure your ring is a real head-turner. As far as e-rings go, in NYC you'll see everything, from the truly gigantic to the non-existant depending on where you are.

Good eye Jadie. It indeed has a halo. The halo is the reason for the massive sparkle effect. My mom has a gigantic ring that is 8.3ct but doesn’t have the same clarity and color but you don’t notice it as much with the naked eye. To me it is just a giant in your face rock. She only wears it for special or rare occasions. But she does get a lot of attention. I would be afraid of getting mugged in that lol. It was an anniversary ring from my dad. He got it for her after retirement because her original engagement ring was just a simple gold ring with a tiny diamond.

Good eye Jadie. It indeed has a halo. The halo is the reason for the massive sparkle effect. My mom has a gigantic ring that is 8.3ct but doesn’t have the same clarity and color but you don’t notice it as much with the naked eye. To me it is just a giant in your face rock. She only wears it for special or rare occasions. But she does get a lot of attention. I would be afraid of getting mugged in that lol. It was an anniversary ring from my dad. He got it for her after retirement because her original engagement ring was just a simple gold ring with a tiny diamond.

I love a halo! I also love a great anniversary story! We need more photos of your ring though lol.

Reactions: snow0160
I bet that is it! I often do a double take when I see a ring and initially think it is a solitaire and then wonder if perhaps it is a halo. Otherwise it is a classic setting and NYC is full of big diamonds so I don’t think the size would turn heads. But the optical illusion would.

Reactions: L etoile
Mine is no honker but we noticed a lot of looks too when we were there. And as most of you know.... I never wear my stuff. So it was weird to me that ANYONE commented to me about my jewelry.

I mostly expected comments on my Golden Girls T-shirt’s but maybe they were too subtle