Dudes and their Diors

Thanks, I certainly love it. What are the rough measurements on yours? I had forgotten just how cavernous it was until I pulled it out and started loading it up lol
Mine measures roughly 17 x 12 x 7 inches. Based on the proportions of your bag (i.e. distance between the strap attachment and the lambskin links, front pocket size, etc.), I believe it's the exact same size as mine.

It's a big bag, isn't it? I love it! Perfect size of the Gaucho for us guys. The pocket at the front is very handy for quick-access. I keep my wallet in there (my wallet isn't huge so it fits perfectly).

The crocodile on yours looks very soft, which is amazing for crocodile as it tends to look stiff on a lot of bags.

Mine measures roughly 17 x 12 x 7 inches. Based on the proportions of your bag (i.e. distance between the strap attachment and the lambskin links, front pocket size, etc.), I believe it's the exact same size as mine.

It's a big bag, isn't it? I love it! Perfect size of the Gaucho for us guys. The pocket at the front is very handy for quick-access. I keep my wallet in there (my wallet isn't huge so it fits perfectly).

The crocodile on yours looks very soft, which is amazing for crocodile as it tends to look stiff on a lot of bags.

I used to keep my phone in that small front pocket but now I have an iPhone 7+ and it no longer fits so it's currently empty.

Reactions: averagejoe
Good thinking, I'll give that a shot tomorrow if I'm still carrying that one. Here's today's look. I didn't bother to View attachment 3774620spend as much effort trying to coordinate it today.
Looking good! I think the casualness of the Gaucho lends an effortlessness to it, so it goes with lots of casual outfits.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

When I used to own the messenger styles of the Gaucho, I left the front pocket empty because they were much smaller. Couldn't fit my phone (I had a Blackberry back then), and keys were hard to access because the opening was rather small. The size of the pocket is much larger on our zipped Gaucho totes, and it makes it easier to put stuff in that we can retrieve with ease.

Reactions: denimcococabas
Looking good! I think the casualness of the Gaucho lends an effortlessness to it, so it goes with lots of casual outfits.

Thanks for sharing your pics!

When I used to own the messenger styles of the Gaucho, I left the front pocket empty because they were much smaller. Couldn't fit my phone (I had a Blackberry back then), and keys were hard to access because the opening was rather small. The size of the pocket is much larger on our zipped Gaucho totes, and it makes it easier to put stuff in that we can retrieve with ease.

Thanks, the casual nature is especially nice in Southern California because everything here is super casual.
I do enjoy the ample size and ease of access to that front pocket when I used it for my old phone. I've thought about a Gaucho shoulder bag in the past but haven't looked too much at the messenger style ones, I'll have to check them out.

Reactions: averagejoe
My look today, with my Dior Homme briefcase and Dior Chiffre Rouge D01 watch (@memo.alive I'm wearing the Givenchy version of Birkenstocks that I was talking about in the Fendi Fellas thread). I tried Fendi's Fusto on my briefcase because I keep using the LV x Fragments pouch on this, but the pouch looks nicer with the bag in my opinion, so I went with the pouch again.
P_20170725_140420.jpg

@averagejoe you're a die hard Dior guy and a watch fan (from what I've witnessed). What are your thoughts on the Dior VIII in ceramic vs the Christal line?
Guilty as charged :biggrin:!

I had the Christal before too, and loved it! Gave it to my mom because I can't rotate between that many watches. While my watches are now all automatic, the Christal I owned was quartz so if I didn't wear it enough, essentially I was wasting the battery. If I get a Dior Christal again somehow, it will have to be an automatic version.

Aesthetically, I like the ceramic Dior VIII more than the Christal because it appears more streamlined. It also looks like Dior went more upscale with the Dior VIII, giving it an anti-reflective sapphire crystal (actually makes the watch look a lot more expensive) and also highly polished multi-faceted indexes which sparkle in the light. The Christal doesn't have either.

Also, I like the all-black colour of the Dior VIII. While stainless steel looks good on a watch, it doesn't beat the intensity that black ceramic has thanks to its saturated colour.