Dudes and their Diors

I spy a HUGE Dior bag. What did you buy?!
Hehehe, I got myself another Dior RTW piece!

I got the terrycloth Oblique tee in bleu marine. I think it’s a gorgeous piece, and versatile enough for me to wear from spring to autumn. I was deciding between the bleu marine and the white, but felt that 1) I already have the oblique Devore tee in white and b) it would be so much harder to maintain the tee in white.

can’t wait to wear this out! :smile:

E472932A-DA62-4371-8B6D-5AC54BB08852.jpeg1D377A8D-82BB-42E2-ACAE-86622242D3FF.jpeg

Everyone's recent finds have been so awesome to see! I was trying to resist shopping for a while, but went to the boutique today just expecting to have a browse. Didn't realise the sales were still on (apparently today is the last day) and ended up with my first Dior RTW pieces. Thrilled with these, particularly the coat at such a fantastic discount. Am getting the coat altered slightly so can't wait to see the final results!

20200712_211132.jpg20200712_211319.jpg

Last edited:
Hehehe, I got myself another Dior RTW piece!

I got the terrycloth Oblique tee in bleu marine. I think it’s a gorgeous piece, and versatile enough for me to wear from spring to autumn. I was deciding between the bleu marine and the white, but felt that 1) I already have the oblique Devore tee in white and b) it would be so much harder to maintain the tee in white.

can’t wait to wear this out! :smile:

View attachment 4785511View attachment 4785512
Congratulations! This is a versatile piece indeed, and is made of a unique fabric for T-shirts.

Reactions: Prada Prince
Everyone's recent finds have been so awesome to see! I was trying to resist shopping for a while, but went to the boutique today just expecting to have a browse. Didn't realise the sales were still on (apparently today is the last day) and ended up with my first Dior RTW pieces. Thrilled with these, particularly the coat at such a fantastic discount. Am getting the coat altered slightly so can't wait to see the final results!

View attachment 4785610View attachment 4785611
Wow! Congratulations on your first Dior RTW pieces! I didn't even see the coat on sale here in Toronto. Looks amazing!

Chanced upon this mini saddle tote from fw2019 collection at a good price. Anyone else with this bag? Care to share your thoughts? I already have the saddle mini backpack in navy and I’m looking to add more Dior to my collection.

photo below was borrowed from a fellow member here

View attachment 4785435
Is this on sale at Dior, or is it through resale?

If it is through resale and authentic, then I definitely suggest getting this. It's adorable and great for those times when you don't want to carry much except your phone, keys, and something extra.

Gosh I dare not venture much higher. I find some Vuitton prices insane, too. Don't want to become desensitized (that's the right word!) to those prices, as they are a slippery slope to even higher spending.

That‘s what I noticed as well. My first boy bag was 4980€ (for comparison the book tote was 2200€) and it felt crazy to me spending that much on a bag. But now I kinda got used to it, even bought a Constance in the Hermès boutique on a whim which is even crazier.

I try to rationalize it by saying that Chanel and Hermès keep their value pretty well so it doesn’t feel like a waste of money.

That being sad, I‘m a weak human being. I have an oblique belt bag from the women‘s collection coming to me.

That‘s what I noticed as well. My first boy bag was 4980€ (for comparison the book tote was 2200€) and it felt crazy to me spending that much on a bag. But now I kinda got used to it, even bought a Constance in the Hermès boutique on a whim which is even crazier.

I try to rationalize it by saying that Chanel and Hermès keep their value pretty well so it doesn’t feel like a waste of money.

That being sad, I‘m a weak human being. I have an oblique belt bag from the women‘s collection coming to me.
Ooo! I love that belt bag! Modelling shots, when you receive it, please! :biggrin:

Chanel prices are not what I want to get used to. Hermes is even higher. I saw your Constance on the Hermes forum. Congratulations! It's a beautiful and hard to find bag!

All these high prices make Gucci look like a contemporary brand in comparison.

Ooo! I love that belt bag! Modelling shots, when you receive it, please! :biggrin:

Chanel prices are not what I want to get used to. Hermes is even higher. I saw your Constance on the Hermes forum. Congratulations! It's a beautiful and hard to find bag!

All these high prices make Gucci look like a contemporary brand in comparison.

In my opinion, no one should get used to these prices since its crazy to spend that much on a purse. That‘s why I tried to tick off the classics I‘m into from the list and then move on. And I agree that Gucci appears to be a steal compared to Chanel and Hermes. Surprisingly Gucci RTW is quite expensive. It‘s just that their bags are relatively fairly priced.

I‘ll post some model shots for sure! I suspect that the strap will be too short but let‘s see...

Reactions: averagejoe
In my opinion, no one should get used to these prices since its crazy to spend that much on a purse. That‘s why I tried to tick off the classics I‘m into from the list and then move on. And I agree that Gucci appears to be a steal compared to Chanel and Hermes. Surprisingly Gucci RTW is quite expensive. It‘s just that their bags are relatively fairly priced.

I‘ll post some model shots for sure! I suspect that the strap will be too short but let‘s see...

The crazy rtw prices at Gucci are a fairly recent thing. You used to be able to get a sport jacket for 2-3k usd and now they are far more expensive and the fabrics are awful.

Reactions: averagejoe
The crazy rtw prices at Gucci are a fairly recent thing. You used to be able to get a sport jacket for 2-3k usd and now they are far more expensive and the fabrics are awful.
Maybe they priced them high so that they look like they are a great deal when they eventually go to the outlet and get discounted.

I did notice their RTW is pricier. They just have a lot more entry-level priced bags for men.

Reactions: Christofle
Is this on sale at Dior, or is it through resale?

If it is through resale and authentic, then I definitely suggest getting this. It's adorable and great for those times when you don't want to carry much except your phone, keys, and something extra.
Resale. I tried comparing the details on my backpack to the bag and it looks good to me. I also asked help from the authenticate thread and waiting for their feedback. I’m adding the photos here if anyone can chime in.
2DFAA74A-2AB8-4919-A343-214EEB00C5EE.jpeg7F3534A2-8D70-4EC2-8AF3-B1A652731E15.jpeg62F0DE1C-3B79-4A75-A38E-ADE592BDC22E.jpegD2B9A257-802B-499F-9D76-D62B73A8D05F.jpeg244A4282-25DC-4F93-A6FA-4018093888DC.jpeg511AC2FF-44A1-4589-B00F-7DA869A555DF.jpeg

Reactions: hightea_xx