Dudes and their Diors

Is anyone here familiar with the quality of the men’s blazers?

My birthday is coming up and I’ve been eying this one https://m.dior.com/couture/en_int/m...r-atelier-lining-red-wool-and-mohair-35-67061 .

I’m also considering some options from Isaia and Cuccinelli.
I don't own any Dior Homme blazers, but I think that if you are going to go for one that will last you for years, then get a Cuccinelli. Those are canvased inside and can be altered for a perfect fit. I've seen them with the sleeve buttons unattached so that the sleeves can be customized easily.

The Dior Homme looks like it fits exceptionally well, and has a very unique cut, but Dior is more of a fashion company so for a suit, I would go with a classic suiting brand.

I don't own any Dior Homme blazers, but I think that if you are going to go for one that will last you for years, then get a Cuccinelli. Those are canvased inside and can be altered for a perfect fit. I've seen them with the sleeve buttons unattached so that the sleeves can be customized easily.

The Dior Homme looks like it fits exceptionally well, and has a very unique cut, but Dior is more of a fashion company so for a suit, I would go with a classic suiting brand.

I wish there was a Dior Homme retailer closer to home to test the fit and construction rather than having to do a charge send.

To be honest this post is because I recently ordered a Cuccinelli blazer from Saks and was perplexed by its build quality upon inspecting it today. There was zero hand finishing versus a comparably priced Isaia. But the fabric was simply dreamy (80% alpaca) but the construction of the jacket seemed to be on the level of a Samuelson, which is crazy considering the price.

I wish there was a Dior Homme retailer closer to home to test the fit and construction rather than having to do a charge send.

To be honest this post is because I recently ordered a Cuccinelli blazer from Saks and was perplexed by its build quality upon inspecting it today. There was zero hand finishing versus a comparably priced Isaia. But the fabric was simply dreamy (80% alpaca) but the construction of the jacket seemed to be on the level of a Samuelson, which is crazy considering the price.
Yikes! That's terrible, considering its price. Did you see if it was at least fully canvased inside as opposed to half-canvas or fused?

Good to know. Dior should be as well. Their "savoir faire" videos show canvas inside their jackets.

Sometimes I feel like the canvas vs fused is overblown in importance because I have a fused Gucci jacket from five years ago and it doesnt seem to be fairing any better or worse than my fully canvassed pal zilery or half canvas Burberry prorsums.

Reactions: J.T. and averagejoe
Sometimes I feel like the canvas vs fused is overblown in importance because I have a fused Gucci jacket from five years ago and it doesnt seem to be fairing any better or worse than my fully canvassed pal zilery or half canvas Burberry prorsums.
I think the possibility of having it tailored is more important or if your body shape allows you to buy something that fits perfectly off the rack (lucky you if that's the case)... How long it'll last doesn't mainly depend on the brand, but rather the materials, construction and how/how often you use it.

Reactions: averagejoe