Dooney and Bourke Hall of Shame - Post Dooney fakes here

Are Dooney still made in Connecticut, USA?
Some Dooneys are made in the USA, and I believe that's still in Conn. But it's a very small number of styles. They had a big promotion about 2 years ago featuring "Made in USA" handbags. There were a limited number of Florentine and ostrich satchels.
Most Dooneys are made in China. They may still have manufacturing in other countries, but I haven't seen any new bags from anywhere else.

Reactions: Catbird9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/131995578249?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:

Vintage Dooney and Bourke Briefcase All Weather Leather Rare HTF Lock Clasp LOL HTF
seller: ash09063
reported 11/20/16

Seller: owl6309
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-Bour...f8dbdb9&pid=100574&rk=2&rkt=2&sd=112209897637

I see many of these fake wallets being sold. This is a textbook example of red flags:
1. Dooney & Bourke never made a wallet that looked like this. I doubt if it is even made of leather. It looks like PVC (vinyl).
2. The duck emblem: wrong letter spacing, wrong placement of hyphen in All-Weather Leather (correct placement is lower); duck shape too rounded
3. Two-tone pebble effect (genuine AWL is all one color)
4. Trim constructed incorrectly on flap
5. No Dooney & Bourke stamp inside
To illustrate:

Attachments

• Fake wallet vs real.jpg
    Fake wallet vs real.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,294
  • Duck emblem fake vs real.jpg
    Duck emblem fake vs real.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 1,291
Reactions: eyeoftheleopard
Seller: owl6309
Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dooney-Bour...f8dbdb9&pid=100574&rk=2&rkt=2&sd=112209897637

I see many of these fake wallets being sold. This is a textbook example of red flags:
1. Dooney & Bourke never made a wallet that looked like this. I doubt if it is even made of leather. It looks like PVC (vinyl).
2. The duck emblem: wrong letter spacing, wrong placement of hyphen in All-Weather Leather (correct placement is lower); duck shape too rounded
3. Two-tone pebble effect (genuine AWL is all one color)
4. Trim constructed incorrectly on flap
5. No Dooney & Bourke stamp inside
To illustrate:

I won't use, recommend or authenticate Poshmark listings because they make no attempt to run a safe site and have NEVER removed a single one of thousands of listings Ive reported.

Unfortunately the honest sellers are the ones who suffer.
I'm newer to Poshmark, but beginning to feel this way also. I spent hours one weekend reporting fake Dooneys only to find that several people have done the same with no results. The worst part is that people are buying these revolting items! I was looking for an alternative to eBay to sell/trade some of my collection, but PM is not the site for me.

The listing has been removed but I saved pictures because this is an interesting case. (Note that in addition to this fake Dooney, the seller, librarylovelylady had a fake Coach bag listing, also removed.)

I don't know whether she added a genuine red, white and blue serial tag to her fake (in an attempt to "prove" authenticity) or if she purposely or inadvertently showed pictures from a different bag.

This was the listing, now removed:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOONEY-BOUR...866092?hash=item33c86c326c:g:4GkAAOSw44BYTzqO

dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 2.jpeg dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 3.jpeg dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 7.jpeg

Attachments

• dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 2.jpeg
    dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 2.jpeg
    320 KB · Views: 1,156
  • dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 3.jpeg
    dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 3.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 1,110
  • dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 4.jpeg
    dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 4.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 1,087
  • dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 7.jpeg
    dooney librarylovelylady fake w rwb tag added 7.jpeg