Do you think 10% increase in size is worth upgrading diamond studs?

Ahh, skyqueen, your diamond studs are drool worthy!:love: Upgrading my current studs would not put me at the size of yours, but they would be close enough for me.
LOL! xxoo
I was going to mention, if you can keep the carat weight just under the desired size (1.85-1.95 tcw instead of 2 tcw, for instance) you will save money. You get the same look and who the hell will know!
I bet your current earrings are gorgeous...post a pic!

LOL! xxoo
I was going to mention, if you can keep the carat weight just under the desired size (1.85-1.95 tcw instead of 2 tcw, for instance) you will save money. You get the same look and who the hell will know!
I bet your current earrings are gorgeous...post a pic!

You are so correct about buying "lite". That's pretty much where my earrings are now in that each is just under 2carats each. Going over the 4ctw mark is what's accounting for the price spike. :nuts:

I notice the size difference of my current studs versus my old ones even though the diameter isn't a dramatic difference. The old/previous ones also had more depth and presence than the current pair. Upgrading would provide the same ( if not more) coverage on my ears. But I keep asking myself if the price difference is worth it to me. I feel selfish spending that much right now, especially since Christmas will be here before we know it.

You are so correct about buying "lite". That's pretty much where my earrings are now in that each is just under 2carats each. Going over the 4ctw mark is what's accounting for the price spike. :nuts:

I notice the size difference of my current studs versus my old ones even though the diameter isn't a dramatic difference. The old/previous ones also had more depth and presence than the current pair. Upgrading would provide the same ( if not more) coverage on my ears. But I keep asking myself if the price difference is worth it to me. I feel selfish spending that much right now, especially since Christmas will be here before we know it.

oooohkay now I see the full picture :biggrin: you are basically doubling your ct/ear I agree with SQ if you're going to do the upgrade you'll get the most for your money by going just under 4 carats rather than over :smile: