Do you find that your jewelry style goes through different “phases”?What phase are you in right now?

I was all about silver/white gold/platinum in my 30s. In my 40s I went back to gold. Currently in my 50s and just got engaged. My ering is platinum but all else is gold. I am actually loving the loof of my gold pieces mixed in with pieces of diamonds in platinum. I never used to mix metal but there's just something about diamonds and platinum.

I went through a heavy Tiffany silver phase over probably the last 10+ years and now am shifting more to gold. I'm trying to actually curate my collection a little bit. Some (Tiffany) pieces I bought were probably for the wrong reasons and not really "me". I sold a necklace last year (Tiffany Smile) but still need to try to part with a few more pieces. I'm drooling over the Bulgari Serpenti collection lately but it's so expensive but I'm hoping to add one of the rings to my collection this year. I have always liked classic pieces but I also like artisan pieces and also pieces with some edge so my taste hasn't really changed but my interest in certain brands has (i.e., not really interested in Tiffany like I once was, am interested more in Cartier, etc.).

Reactions: USCGirlie
In college I was allll about banana republic jewelry. The fact that they had size 5 in rings was amazing. Tiffany silver was my jam.

In grad school I was so hot for David yurman. Pandora became my obsession

In my professional life from 2012-now gold dainty pieces were my thing. I now primarily still wear designer.

Projected into the future… I want a local jeweler to show my specific tastes. Unbranded I believe… as I hope to plan for a specific ring and I do have a loose emerald

Reactions: darkangel07760
Last year, I did a serious clean through of my jewelry box, and discovered layers like geological strata :

1) Age 5-12 : whimsical stud earrings and big, bold necklaces. (This will be a recurring theme.)

2) Age 13-17 : Cameos. Pearls. Victorian hair jewelry/jet. Bohemian garnets. I could best describe my style at that time as: If Wednesday Addams wore a lot of brown…

3) Age 17-22 : Art fair jewelry. Semi-precious stones set in sterling silver. Semi precious stone bead necklaces. Big bold necklaces and broad bracelets. Chandelier earrings.

4) Age 22-25 : Big Bracelet, Big Earrings. Frank Gehry and Elsa Peretti. Isabel Canova, Seaman Schepps, Verdura, Edouard Rambaud, Kiselstein-Cord, Chanel and 70s Dior. Nothing small or delicate. Bold bracelets, the bigger the better on earrings.

5) Age 26 : John Hardy.

6) Age 27-31 : minimalism. diamond studs and solitaire. Sometimes a cross instead of studs.

7) Age 35-38 : Edwardian brooches plus the previous minimalism

8) Age 38-42 : Kitsch. Australian and British novelty acrylic brooches, bead necklaces and lots of bakelite.

9) Age 43-present : modified minimalism - ie earring jackets with several types of studs, substantial chain necklaces.