Do these fit? Hermès Oran

I always go back and forth on the fit of orans and other sandals.
I think your pic is fine. It depends on how you like to wear sandals.
(whether you have an issue with your fourth toe (it looks like it’s just within,
but this could also be the photo distortion. IDK)

i will say that I owned 37 (years ago when I wanted exact fit), 37.5, and 38, before deciding on 38
(I’m a 37 birkenstock and an Hermes 37.5 medor boot). I like a bit of extra sandal length Nowadays.
I do not have a narrow foot and find the 38 also bigger in volume, not just length.
so you have to be careful that you don’t slide through

I picked up my first pair of Oran sandals the other day in a 36.5 (I’m usually a 36). I was so focused on them not being too large that I didn’t really pay attention to them being too SMALL, which I realized they might be after I wore them out of the house to lunch and really had a chance to look them over (dumb I know). Now I’m looking for justification that they are ok and don’t make me look like I’m trying to sausage my feet into a tiny shoe! Obviously I can’t return at this point. They are ultra comfortable and perfect around the toe box. One positive. Do they look too small?!
Oh my gosh, this just happened to me. I can’t take them back and they fit very similarly to how yours fit you. How are you liking the fit of yours now after a year of wearing?

I bought my second pair of Orans on vacation in Zurich. I knew my size so I tried them on super fast and now I’ve taken them home and the strap is definitely looser than my first pair (in gold). Any tricks if your foot is sliding forward?

3D7CBC0D-C74B-4D2E-86C9-C85792E234B6.jpeg

I bought my second pair of Orans on vacation in Zurich. I knew my size so I tried them on super fast and now I’ve taken them home and the strap is definitely looser than my first pair (in gold). Any tricks if your foot is sliding forward?

View attachment 5609295
I use adhesive shoe inserts. Not the prettiest things but there are ‘ball of foot’ cushions that prevent your foot from sliding forward. I use a brand called Pedag.

I am thinking of a pair of Oran Sandals for next summer but we don't have Hermes store where I live. I've tried reading a lot of discussions about Oran sizing but it's making me even more confused as is trying to picture the Hermes size chart.

I have sort of wide feet, and I have sandals in these sizes
Valentino sandals (rockstud, roman stud) all size 38
Dior Dway slides size 37,5
Jimmy Choo slides 38
Bottega Veneta intrecciato slides 37,5
Aquazzura slides 38

Which size would you suggest I order in Oran, size 38 or 38,5? Thank you in advance, if anyone can help me with deciding which one to order. :smile:

I am thinking of a pair of Oran Sandals for next summer but we don't have Hermes store where I live. I've tried reading a lot of discussions about Oran sizing but it's making me even more confused as is trying to picture the Hermes size chart.

I have sort of wide feet, and I have sandals in these sizes
Valentino sandals (rockstud, roman stud) all size 38
Dior Dway slides size 37,5
Jimmy Choo slides 38
Bottega Veneta intrecciato slides 37,5
Aquazzura slides 38

Which size would you suggest I order in Oran, size 38 or 38,5? Thank you in advance, if anyone can help me with deciding which one to order. :smile:
I got my oran in gold last summer and was in a similar situation like you. I'm a true 38 in most shoes including Birkenstock, but since I have a bit of a wider foot and specially with the summer heat I often need half size bigger in some styles.
I tried both the 38 and 38.5 in store and I went for the 38.5
The length of the 38 was right at the edge of my left heel, which is a bit longer then my right foot. Also with the 38 I felt a bit self conscious trying to keep my toes inside the shoe :-s
When I tried the 38.5 I felt much more at ease and the width worked better for me. My right foot has a bit more extra room in the lenght but its barely noticeable.

Long story short....I prefer sandals with a bit of extra length to accomodate for my summer swollen feet :lol:

Reactions: lulilu
I got my oran in gold last summer and was in a similar situation like you. I'm a true 38 in most shoes including Birkenstock, but since I have a bit of a wider foot and specially with the summer heat I often need half size bigger in some styles.
I tried both the 38 and 38.5 in store and I went for the 38.5
The length of the 38 was right at the edge of my left heel, which is a bit longer then my right foot. Also with the 38 I felt a bit self conscious trying to keep my toes inside the shoe :-s
When I tried the 38.5 I felt much more at ease and the width worked better for me. My right foot has a bit more extra room in the lenght but its barely noticeable.

Long story short....I prefer sandals with a bit of extra length to accomodate for my summer swollen feet :lol:
Thank you so much for your comment! I think I'll now be brave enough to order the size 38,5. That's what Hermes sizing chart also seems to say for IT 37,5. :smile:

Reactions: aa_
I'm just updating my Oran online shopping situation. I first got the size 38,5 but they were far too big. They were too long and too loose, my feet would slide forward in them. I then exchanged them for the size 37,5, they just arrived today and fit fine, the top part fits snug and length-wise they're much better. So the Oran sandals are pretty much true to size to me then regardless of the Hermes size guide.