Do all of you trust sellers who wear the white glove?

White glove or no white glove, a bag should & needs to be authenticated....and with many buyers crying out "fake" this is one
way to deter that with a proper authentication from a well regarded source

Uh yeah I said that. "I always look at the item carefully, their feedback, and have the bag authenticated." I just said that I usually associate the glove with Japanese sellers and that I think of their bags as authentic and them as trustworthy. I didn't say I wouldn't authenticate their bags.

Reactions: PikaboICU
i use them all the time just on my own bags, i bought a 5 pack from a discount store. i use them when i have oil on my hands. it's very common, and is professional, not shady. it means the seller is not wanting oils/fingerprints, dirt, etc. to transfer to the bag. and lots of people get judged by hands, whether they are old, young, male/female, or ethnic... so it deters those judgements too

Agree with the peeps saying gloves protect against oils & such. This is very important with some bags- Balenciaga handles! I have many Bal items & handle darkening, stickiness etc is a common issue. Gloves would surely help with that- I suppose some items are more delicate than others & some people use more lotions, sweat a lot etc..
I agree it looks professional too-

Reactions: Shoppinmel
I don't like the white gloves only because those pics are usually also taken with a white background and it's impossible to tell if those pics have been stolen. I see a LOT of that - stolen pics and sending fake bags and from what I hear it's the hugest headache to get some sites' customer service to give you authorisation to send the fake back for your money back.

Reactions: baglover57
there are mixed opinions regarding the white glove purse display sales. I am never comfortable shopping from those sites. Also, as I carefully examine those purses they always seem to have authenticity doubts. When I sell my purses on ebay, my hands are never displayed. There is no need to show hands anyway!

there are mixed opinions regarding the white glove purse display sales. I am never comfortable shopping from those sites. Also, as I carefully examine those purses they always seem to have authenticity doubts. When I sell my purses on ebay, my hands are never displayed. There is no need to show hands anyway!
Occasionally I have to use my hand to prop open a bag; usually not so much with bags but with wallets or coin purses, I tend to have to when showing the inside. I really hate showing my hands in the pictures but I guess gloves would be seen as worse.

I have no problem with the white gloves. They are often used when handling high end items, antiques, etc. To me it seems very clean & respectful of the item. It gives me the feeling that the items are probably well-cared for.
I also appreciate that the hands are not a distraction. Too often I find that badly manicured hands, or a manicure that looks like "crazy claws" is distracting. It's also odd (to me) to see very manly hands holding a handbag lol. The white gloves allow me to focus on the bag.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
^^ From my experience, it has always been the opposite :smile:
Unfortunately I have seen tons of counterfeit sellers on Instagram who wears white gloves... not that one should consider purchasing from Instagram to begin with, but I'd be willing to bet some of them also sell on eBay and other outlets.

I think it's best to not consider it as a sign of authentic or not.

Reactions: New Obsessions
Unfortunately I have seen tons of counterfeit sellers on Instagram who wears white gloves... not that one should consider purchasing from Instagram to begin with, but I'd be willing to bet some of them also sell on eBay and other outlets.

I think it's best to not consider it as a sign of authentic or not.

Yes, like my 1st post pointed out, I don't let the gloves determine authenticity of the bag in the listing. They don't persuade me one way, or the other, so my post was not to encourage others see the white gloves as a "green light." ****************** is always the way to go.
It's just my experience that the listings where sellers use white gloves (and almost all of them are Japanese sellers) are for authentic goods. Of course, there could be a scammer or two using these gloves, but I've personally never encountered them. Maybe I should have pointed out that I was specifically talking about Ebay. I never ever buy, or even look on Instagram, or Facebook for bags/designer items, so I can't comment on those sites.

The weirdest ones are where the white gloves are noticeably stained! I get that they are mostly high volume sellers, but what's the point of wearing gloves if they are dirty!?

It's to prevent transferring hand oils and dirt to the bag. Very commonly done in Japan, e.g.

i am absolutely stunned more people did not know this.

Same here. A lot of the Japanese sellers do this and everything I've purchased from a Japanese seller has been authentic (knock on wood). It's not a bad idea since it protects the merchandise during routine handling.

i have - and will continue to - buy all my LV bags and accessories from Japan! i have seen the gloves in the pics and everything i have gotten over the last couple of years has been authentic!