Dior Bobby

I just got the medium oblique and I LOVE it!!! It’s so lightweight and easy to carry. The opening is smaller, but I think the purpose of that is so things don’t come out of the sides. I didn’t think I was going to live it as much as I do. The strap is such a great length and not too wide, which I love. It’s also easily adjustable.

Do you feel like the small opening would be a hassle eventually? It really bothers me based on photos

Just tried on this bag in store today and omg it is stunning! I'm torn between the dark tan color and the cloud blue. They didn't have the camel color in store and from pictures online, I feel like it looks very similar to the dark tan...has anyone seen both colors in person? I feel like the dark tan color is more classic but the cloud blue is just breathtaking. It's grey-ish enough that I feel like it could be a neutral year-round color. Would love to hear what you guys think - which color should I get?

Reactions: ATLbagaddict
Just tried on this bag in store today and omg it is stunning! I'm torn between the dark tan color and the cloud blue. They didn't have the camel color in store and from pictures online, I feel like it looks very similar to the dark tan...has anyone seen both colors in person? I feel like the dark tan color is more classic but the cloud blue is just breathtaking. It's grey-ish enough that I feel like it could be a neutral year-round color. Would love to hear what you guys think - which color should I get?
I haven’t seen the dark tan in person, but I have the camel and it’s definitely a much lighter, warm golden brown and the dark tan looks to be more reddish/ dark brown. The photos online of the camel color are very deceiving IMO - it looks way darker than it actually is. But I think it’s now sold out everywhere unfortunately. I attached a photo of mine for reference. I love the cloud blue color (I originally bought the saddle in that color but ended up returning it for the Bobby) and I thought long and hard about that color but in the end just thought camel would go with more of my wardrobe / I’d be more likely to wear it super long term. However I do think if I had to choose between the dark tan and the cloud blue personally I’d go with cloud blue - I don’t love darker browns as much for some reason, and I love grey-hued blues, they’re my absolute favorite shades.

To the earlier poster, the narrow opening does bother me occasionally, but not enough to turn me off from the bag completely. It’s like a very slight minor annoyance, but agree it’s at least noticeable.

120531BD-527C-4E0E-95F5-497D4CE3CE05.jpeg

I haven’t seen the dark tan in person, but I have the camel and it’s definitely a much lighter, warm golden brown and the dark tan looks to be more reddish/ dark brown. The photos online of the camel color are very deceiving IMO - it looks way darker than it actually is. But I think it’s now sold out everywhere unfortunately. I attached a photo of mine for reference. I love the cloud blue color (I originally bought the saddle in that color but ended up returning it for the Bobby) and I thought long and hard about that color but in the end just thought camel would go with more of my wardrobe / I’d be more likely to wear it super long term. However I do think if I had to choose between the dark tan and the cloud blue personally I’d go with cloud blue - I don’t love darker browns as much for some reason, and I love grey-hued blues, they’re my absolute favorite shades.

To the earlier poster, the narrow opening does bother me occasionally, but not enough to turn me off from the bag completely. It’s like a very slight minor annoyance, but agree it’s at least noticeable.

View attachment 4968468

Thank you for the pic - your bag is lovely! You're right the online pic of caramel is very deceiving, it's pretty clear from your photo that the caramel is a lot lighter (more yellow-toned) than the dark tan. How do you like the bag so far? I think I'm leaning toward the cloud blue as well. The only thing is ideally I'd wait until later this year to get it (just bought an LV bag so want to space out my purchases) but not sure if the color will still be available then. Also looks like there's another price hike coming...ugh.

Reactions: ATLbagaddict
I bought a cloud blue saddle for exactly that reason! It adds color to an outfit but still quite neutral to work with most of my wardrobe. It’s also a very unique color whereas many bags come in variations of tan.

Thank you for the pic - your bag is lovely! You're right the online pic of caramel is very deceiving, it's pretty clear from your photo that the caramel is a lot lighter (more yellow-toned) than the dark tan. How do you like the bag so far? I think I'm leaning toward the cloud blue as well. The only thing is ideally I'd wait until later this year to get it (just bought an LV bag so want to space out my purchases) but not sure if the color will still be available then. Also looks like there's another price hike coming...ugh.
I love it! I was worried about the box leather being too delicate, but I’ve had no issues with it so far. I think it’s a great classic silhouette; while others may find it too plain, I love a more minimalist aesthetic. No complaints! I guess my only thought is I would try to get it before the price increase because I already thought it was priced kinda on the high side for what it is. But I hear you on the spacing out purchases vs. wanting to beat the price increase, its a dilemma !

Reactions: cncm and averagejoe
Update: I couldn’t resist! Dior Bobby in the Medium size with Black Grained Calfskin. Same price as the Box Calfskin, so the only difference is your preference which is great!
Your new Bobby is gorgeous! :heart: The leather looks really beautiful. Did they have it also in the camel colour that was shown on the runway show? On the internet site there is no grained version yet.

Your new Bobby is gorgeous! :heart: The leather looks really beautiful. Did they have it also in the camel colour that was shown on the runway show? On the internet site there is no grained version yet.

Thank you! I asked my SA what other colors they had in the grained leather and she said just black and the seasonal ocean blue color. Unsure if that is just for my boutique or the overall collection though.

Reactions: EveyB
Thank you! I asked my SA what other colors they had in the grained leather and she said just black and the seasonal ocean blue color. Unsure if that is just for my boutique or the overall collection though.
It might be for the overall collection as that's what is shown on the dior website now as well. They also have the beige one with oblique strap on website.