DINO Clubhouse

I received it yesterday, and I do love the striped interior and also the super smooth leather. However, this may sound picky but my happiness over the bag was instantly subdued when I saw a flaw on the front of Rexy's body. It is almost like the paint is smeared in one place and I can see the black underneath.
This was an ebay purchase, and I emailed her to ask for documentation so I can exchange the bag in store, and she said she threw everything away. So now I feel so dumb to have bought it off of ebay and everytime I look at it I see the flaw.

If all else fails, open a claim with eBay and return it if the flaw wasn't mentioned in the listing. Sorry, that you are disappointed with your bag.

Oh, sorry that you got one with a flaw. : ( Maybe you or someone knowledgeable about painting on canvas could touch it up?

Thanks :smile: My niece is an artist, so I may ask her for help if I keep it.

That's a bummer! Have you tried to put some leather conditioner on it? I would still try to take it to a Coach store and see if they can help. ( I wouldn't mention it came from eBay. ).

It really is a bummer! I immediately used Leather CPR on it, which of course made the leather look richer, but did nothing for the flaw. After a lot of looking, I think instead of a black mark on the Rexy body, it is the black leather showing thru the paint. I may try to take it in, but I would feel awkward without a receipt. I called JAX yesterday, and they told me there are only 6 left in the black.

If all else fails, open a claim with eBay and return it if the flaw wasn't mentioned in the listing. Sorry, that you are disappointed with your bag.

I have been thinking of opening a claim. I'd rather not make a big fuss, which is why I emailed her right away, however her listing said "Perfect" and this is not perfect IMO. I should have paid more attention, because her main picture was a stock photo, and her other pictures were in low light. On my computer it appeared to be a shadow, but on my smartphone I could enlarge it enough to see the mark. So it was there when she had it.

But after my initial angst, I have been looking at the bag all day, set on my desk, and I think I am feeling better about it. He is just so cute to me!

Thanks :smile: My niece is an artist, so I may ask her for help if I keep it.

It really is a bummer! I immediately used Leather CPR on it, which of course made the leather look richer, but did nothing for the flaw. After a lot of looking, I think instead of a black mark on the Rexy body, it is the black leather showing thru the paint. I may try to take it in, but I would feel awkward without a receipt. I called JAX yesterday, and they told me there are only 6 left in the black.

I have been thinking of opening a claim. I'd rather not make a big fuss, which is why I emailed her right away, however her listing said "Perfect" and this is not perfect IMO. I should have paid more attention, because her main picture was a stock photo, and her other pictures were in low light. On my computer it appeared to be a shadow, but on my smartphone I could enlarge it enough to see the mark. So it was there when she had it.

But after my initial angst, I have been looking at the bag all day, set on my desk, and I think I am feeling better about it. He is just so cute to me!
He is a cutie! Maybe think of the blemish as a "war" scar, many of the dinosaurs pictured usually had scars, yours is a T-Rex who won the battle!

He is a cutie! Maybe think of the blemish as a "war" scar, many of the dinosaurs pictured usually had scars, yours is a T-Rex who won the battle!
Haha! I love that idea!
This evening I hung the metal Stegosaurus on him, so maybe Stegie got him in battle!
The more I look at this tote, the more I really like it. As you said, the leather is incredibly thick and soft. Even though he is very whimsical, which works for me and my lifestyle, I think this tote will be versatile. When I need to be serious, I just carry Rexy next to me, and for fun he can be turned out facing the world.

This was an ebay purchase, and I emailed her to ask for documentation so I can exchange the bag in store, and she said she threw everything away. So now I feel so dumb to have bought it off of ebay and everytime I look at it I see the flaw.

Take it to your nearest Coach store. Plenty of people receive gifts without a gift receipt, and I guarantee you that they will order you a new one.

Tell them how much you love the tote, but the imperfection bothers you. Say it was a gift, and that no paperwork was attached. They'll be happy to help you!

Got my turquoise rexy yesterday but the oil slick one is awesome! Will have to get one right away!
Post some pics of turquoise rexy!!! Pretty please?
COACH has new fobs up on their website today! All sizes of the Rexies (including the large olive) and 2 different T-Rex's. I may have missed some, but just wanted to let everyone know.

Yahoo! I ordered the oil slick first thing this morning:biggrin: