Diamond studs or Cartier LOVE??

Diamond Studs Or Cartier Love bracelet

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either piece represents a healthy investment that could allow you to design something unique and have it custom made rather than buying something you literally see everyday.

I have worked in the jewelry business for many years and diamond studs are better in my opinion. On the cartier bracelet you are mostly paying for the name. The bracelet is not worth it If you care about brand then go with the bracelet.
With the diamonds it all depends where you get them from. Check Blue Nile to see how much the diamonds are going for. Also, they are GIA. Screwback mountings will help you keep them safe. Good luck!!!

Reactions: JenW and ladysarah
I have had both (still own diamond studs) and would vote for the diamond studs. They are timeless and can be worn day to night. That said, what do you think you will get more wear out of? It very much depends on your personal style and how often you switch out your jewellery. I have discovered a love of drop earrings over the last year, so my diamond studs are only worn once or twice a week, but I love them and wouldn’t be without them as they are so classic.

Reactions: JenW and ladysarah
I voted for studs because I cannot imagine wearing any piece of jewelry that I could not take off. I think it would bother me. If you think you would like wearing the bracelet 24/7 then I would probably get the bracelet and a good quality pair of cz earrings. Then you could have both and in the future replace the cz’s with diamonds.

I have worked in the jewelry business for many years and diamond studs are better in my opinion. On the cartier bracelet you are mostly paying for the name. The bracelet is not worth it If you care about brand then go with the bracelet.
With the diamonds it all depends where you get them from. Check Blue Nile to see how much the diamonds are going for. Also, they are GIA. Screwback mountings will help you keep them safe. Good luck!!!
Very useful. I am also looking for some good diamond studs but I was going to buy second hand because there is no VAT (in the uk that is 20%) what is your view on second hand?

Very useful. I am also looking for some good diamond studs but I was going to buy second hand because there is no VAT (in the uk that is 20%) what is your view on second hand?
I personally don’t mind second hand at all!!! I have purchased jewelry from a trustworthy consignment business near my home and it was worth it. Now, do your research first and 1- see how much the dia are selling for. 2- make sure you look at both stones and lupe them to see the type of inclusions if they are SI. Ask for a certificate if the stone is of a significant size. GIA and EGL are best. Make sure there’s no fluorescence. If you are grossed out by someone else’s previously using the jewelry you can always change the mounting. The good thing about blue nile is that the prices are very good (of course they are not wholesale) but you get certs. Hope it helps

I personally don’t mind second hand at all!!! I have purchased jewelry from a trustworthy consignment business near my home and it was worth it. Now, do your research first and 1- see how much the dia are selling for. 2- make sure you look at both stones and lupe them to see the type of inclusions if they are SI. Ask for a certificate if the stone is of a significant size. GIA and EGL are best. Make sure there’s no fluorescence. If you are grossed out by someone else’s previously using the jewelry you can always change the mounting. The good thing about blue nile is that the prices are very good (of course they are not wholesale) but you get certs. Hope it helps
It does thank you for sharing your expertise. If there is another thread here you can direct me to would love to find out more. I don’t want to hi jack this one...:yes:

It does thank you for sharing your expertise. If there is another thread here you can direct me to would love to find out more. I don’t want to hi jack this one...:yes:

I’d suggest reaching out to local mom and pop jewelry stores as lots of woman experience “diamond shrinkage” and trade up perfectly good diamond earrings. I’d start with a jeweler that you have worked with before and been happy with and ask for recommendations. I believe you are in the UK so it would be difficult to make recommendations, but I will say that most diamonds will not come with certificates until they are over a certain size. I would reach out to AME with specifics. She is a treasure!

If you aren’t particular about the actual specs (and/ or are going too small that certificates aren’t issued) and just want sparkle, I’ve been very happy purchasing smaller preowned Tiffany DBTY earrings and a pendant for my young daughter on the ‘Bay. I received the actual purchase receipt for both items and saved considerably.

The studs I want are close to 20k, and I would not buy anytime soon because it would be too devastating to lose one at our income level. I have moissanite earrings and a Cartier love. I found I never wore my half carat studs.

The studs I want are close to 20k, and I would not buy anytime soon because it would be too devastating to lose one at our income level. I have moissanite earrings and a Cartier love. I found I never wore my half carat studs.

If you would be in a position were it is financially difficult for you to replace anything you own that you actually want to enjoy, insure it. The small premium is well worth the piece of mind. Otherwise, you will keep them safely tucked away and only take them out on “special” occasions and spend your time fretting instead of enjoying this ride called life. Life is way too short! JMHO.

If you would be in a position were it is financially difficult for you to replace anything you own that you actually want to enjoy, insure it. The small premium is well worth the piece of mind. Otherwise, you will keep them safely tucked away and only take them out on “special” occasions and spend your time fretting instead of enjoying this ride called life. Life is way too short! JMHO.

Yes, we do insure all of our jewelry. We unfortunately had some stolen by a housekeeper last year. We found out the hard way that the value of a sapphire and diamond ring we had doubled, so we only got half the value back. The company we used (Fairy) closed our insurance case and refused to reopen it, so we were out thousands. (I had not insured several lower priced items and were completely out several thousands for those as well). Thanks for the reminder though because I need to recheck the value of our jewelry this year. [emoji173]️

Reactions: missie1
Personally, there are so many high quality alternatives to diamond studs that are SO beautiful you can't even tell.

I'm biased, but the price of the Cartier Love is only going to go up with time due to it being brand name. I'd rather lock in a Love at the current price then wait a few years when it will have increased in price significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.