Dedicated to all MANOLO's owners... POST PICS!!!

I just purchased my first pair of Manolos, the Lurum in white satin to wear at my wedding. I LOVE them, but I'd love to try to protect the satin a bit. I'm not a shoe aficionado - any recommendations on how to keep it clean(ish)?

Reactions: GraffS
I’m a true 38 but go up a half size with the lurum because I wear them barefoot and they’ve a pointy toe. Manolo’s shoes are handmade and with any brand, there can be slight variances from lot to lot or season to season. It’s always best to try the shoe and buy by comfort and not by number. I’ve been buying Manolo’s since the 80’s and occasionally I have to go up a half size and sometimes even go down a half size (Usually with sandals). But his sizes have been consistent and I have purchased a LOT of his shoes.

Reactions: 880 and Meowwu
*Manolo Lurum Quality issue*

Has anyone experienced poor quality with the Lurum or any other MB shoes with crystals? I purchased a pair of the lurum flats last summer, havent had a chance to wear them yet, but took the shoes out today and there is already a missing crystal. This is the second pair of shoes where crystals have fallen out after minimal wear. I purchased these from Saks so MB will not repair unless Saks initiates the repair. Saks has been giving me the run around- the stores want me to contact Saks online to have them do it and Saks online wants the stores to do it.

Has anyone else had crystals fall out after no/minimal wear? I dont think this is acceptable at all for shoes at this price point. If this was the first time this had happened, I would have just chalked it up to bad luck but this the second MB pair that I have experienced this with.

*Manolo Lurum Quality issue*

Has anyone experienced poor quality with the Lurum or any other MB shoes with crystals? I purchased a pair of the lurum flats last summer, havent had a chance to wear them yet, but took the shoes out today and there is already a missing crystal. This is the second pair of shoes where crystals have fallen out after minimal wear. I purchased these from Saks so MB will not repair unless Saks initiates the repair. Saks has been giving me the run around- the stores want me to contact Saks online to have them do it and Saks online wants the stores to do it.

Has anyone else had crystals fall out after no/minimal wear? I dont think this is acceptable at all for shoes at this price point. If this was the first time this had happened, I would have just chalked it up to bad luck but this the second MB pair that I have experienced this with.
I've been buying Manolo's shoes since the 80's, many with crystals, more pairs of hangisi's and lurum's and others with crystals than I ever could count. I have never lost one crystal. A few years back corporate instituted a repair link to send shoes back to England for repair. Do you have that link?

Reactions: caramelize126
I've been buying Manolo's shoes since the 80's, many with crystals, more pairs of hangisi's and lurum's and others with crystals than I ever could count. I have never lost one crystal. A few years back corporate instituted a repair link to send shoes back to England for repair. Do you have that link?

Maybe its just bad luck :sad: Is it this link that you are referring to?: https://www.manoloblahnik.com/us/repairs

I emailed them and was told that because I didnt purchase the shoes directly through MB, Saks would have to be the ones to initiate the repair.

Maybe its just bad luck :sad: Is it this link that you are referring to?: https://www.manoloblahnik.com/us/repairs

I emailed them and was told that because I didnt purchase the shoes directly through MB, Saks would have to be the ones to initiate the repair.
I need to find the e-mail, it’s a few years old. It was my understanding it was repairs for any shoe from any era.

May I please ask for some sizing advice on 90mm Campari patent leather . Do they run true to size or would you size up half a size due to the patent leather ? I am reading conflicting advice. I have a high arch and a medium to wide foot . The highest I go is 80-85mm so I don’t even know if I’ll be able to stand in them let alone walk!!! This will also be my first pair of Manolo. Thanks for your help :flowers: