Coach Tabby collection

When does one have too many Tabby shoulder bags?

IMG_3456.jpeg

I own the bottom two: black Quilted Tabby with silver hardware and the red Soft Tabby with brass hardware.

Would it be silly to also pick up the regular black Tabby 26 with brass hardware and/or the ivory Pillow Tabby 26?

View attachment 5916556

I own the bottom two: black Quilted Tabby with silver hardware and the red Soft Tabby with brass hardware.

Would it be silly to also pick up the regular black Tabby 26 with brass hardware and/or the ivory Pillow Tabby 26?

I have 5. Thinking about adding another 2. You never can have too many Tabby's. 😁

View attachment 5916556

I see four different vibes. Light coloured summer bag, dark coloured winterbag with with warm hardware, dark coloured winterbag with cool hardware and a pop of colour. These bags are not the same, they are similar. But I buy all bags I love in a summer, winter and fun version.

I don't think this forum is the best place for a bag related reality check :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_20231228_151912197.jpg
    IMG_20231228_151912197.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20231228_152102322.jpg
    IMG_20231228_152102322.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20231228_152052812.jpg
    IMG_20231228_152052812.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20231228_151945789.jpg
    IMG_20231228_151945789.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 42
Coach Tabby 26 (old style) - is this join in the leather on the crossbody strap normal?

Apologies if you have seen my identical post on r/handbags!

I was wondering if anyone with the same bag (Coach Tabby 26 - old style) could help me please, because I am worried I have received a faulty bag.

Is this join in the leather on the crossbody strap a normal part of the design? The join is on the longer part of the crossbody strap when unbuckled.

I was cleaning my bag, unbuckled the crossbody strap and noticed this - something just felt a bit off (or I just have really high expectations and expected the strap to be cut in one piece or the join to be better concealed)!

I bought the bag online from 24S and whilst I’ve seen the Tabby 26 in-store before I bought it, I didn’t inspect everything!

Thank you :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 8
I have a question about the ivory pillow Tabby (replying here as I don't have full posting privileges): I got a new one in the Coach sale. It arrived, looked great. I ordered some protectant spray for it but got impatient and wore it out of the house for half an hour a couple of days ago, being very careful with it. Otherwise it stayed in its dust bag. I took it out today and noticed a faint but noticeable horizontal line running the length of the flap a few cm above the clasp. I attached a pic - it looks like a shadow but definitely isn't. (The flap at bottom left looks dirty in the pic but that really is just a shadow.) I'm very certain the line wasn't there when the bag first arrived.
I tried bag cleaner and moisturizer but it made no difference. I can't return the bag because I already punched a hole in the shoulder strap to shorten it.
Has anyone with a light-coloured Tabby ever experienced something like this? I have no idea what this is or how it happened. There are no marks or discoloration on the back of the bag or on the strap both of which were in contact with my coat.horizontal line on bag.jpg

I would also be grateful if you could let me know if it is normal for the leather of a pillow Tabby to have variable texture. I gave my bag a proper going over and I noticed that different parts of the bag have a different feel. The back and base of the bag feel much smoother than the bottom front part which feels dry and rough by comparison.
Thanks!

Coach Tabby 26 (old style) - is this join in the leather on the crossbody strap normal?

Apologies if you have seen my identical post on r/handbags!

I was wondering if anyone with the same bag (Coach Tabby 26 - old style) could help me please, because I am worried I have received a faulty bag.

Is this join in the leather on the crossbody strap a normal part of the design? The join is on the longer part of the crossbody strap when unbuckled.

I was cleaning my bag, unbuckled the crossbody strap and noticed this - something just felt a bit off (or I just have really high expectations and expected the strap to be cut in one piece or the join to be better concealed)!

I bought the bag online from 24S and whilst I’ve seen the Tabby 26 in-store before I bought it, I didn’t inspect everything!

Thank you :smile:
In case it helps, while I was inspecting my own bag (pillow tabby 26) I noticed 3 joins on the shoulder strap: 2 on the underside and 1 on the top. They all look like the one in your photo.

I have a question about the ivory pillow Tabby (replying here as I don't have full posting privileges): I got a new one in the Coach sale. It arrived, looked great. I ordered some protectant spray for it but got impatient and wore it out of the house for half an hour a couple of days ago, being very careful with it. Otherwise it stayed in its dust bag. I took it out today and noticed a faint but noticeable horizontal line running the length of the flap a few cm above the clasp. I attached a pic - it looks like a shadow but definitely isn't. (The flap at bottom left looks dirty in the pic but that really is just a shadow.) I'm very certain the line wasn't there when the bag first arrived.
I tried bag cleaner and moisturizer but it made no difference. I can't return the bag because I already punched a hole in the shoulder strap to shorten it.
Has anyone with a light-coloured Tabby ever experienced something like this? I have no idea what this is or how it happened. There are no marks or discoloration on the back of the bag or on the strap both of which were in contact with my coat.View attachment 5933851
Hi! I don't have your bag, but I recommend the Coach rehab and rescue thread. If this happened to mine, I would gently clean it with leather conditioner (Leather CPR), testing a small area. After it's clean, I usually apply a very light coat of Blackrock Leather N Rich conditioner to white bags. I apply a thin coating with my fingers to warm it, and buff it away gently right away. It leaves a light waxy coating for some protection. (I have heard many use Apple Guard spray, but I haven't tried that.) Enjoy your beautiful bag!