Coach Rogue or LV Speedy 35

Thank you guys for your advice. I love the rogue but it really upsets me that there is no consistency with Coach. I don’t want to pay the full price for a bag now and a 6 weeks later this bag will go on sale. I hate the price game that coach plays. I bought 6 rogue bags in the past 3 months and if I’d waited I would’ve been able to buy all of them with F&F discount or with the breast cancer discount. Taking into consideration the price inconsistency with Coach I will go for a classic Speedy 35. At least I know that the bag won’t be discounted in the future

I would get the Rogue mainly because, given Coach's history of not having a bag "staple" or bags just disappearing, the LV Speedy is a real classic and will always be there. You know that you can always purchase a Speedy sometime later, but there is no guarantee with Coach that the Rogue will always be there. I only recently purchased my first Rogue, the 25, but I do see buying a Speedy 30 sometime in the future.

Interesting point. It's true- the Speedy is an iconic bag, a true classic that isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I wonder if the Rogue is a classic in the making though. Coach never had one true It bag, but it seems like the Rogue is on its way. It's a stand out shape and it's what caught my attention after years of not really paying attention to Coach- I know that's the case for plenty of people. I used to think of beige bags plastered with Cs at the factory outlet when I thought of Coach- now I think of well made leather bags that are detailed and luxurious, and I think of the Rogue.

I would get the Rogue mainly because, given Coach's history of not having a bag "staple" or bags just disappearing, the LV Speedy is a real classic and will always be there. You know that you can always purchase a Speedy sometime later, but there is no guarantee with Coach that the Rogue will always be there. I only recently purchased my first Rogue, the 25, but I do see buying a Speedy 30 sometime in the future.
Hi ;)
Today, I bought a Rogue 31 in brown leather. I have a Speedy 30 Damier Ebene with a strap. I almost never take my Speedy, I could sell it. Rogue is more original, Speedy is Speedy, you see it everywhere... It's lightweight but not so practical, it's a big hole... I have some Louis Vuitton bags, classy bags, but I love Coach bags way more...

Reactions: carterazo
Thank you guys for your advice. I love the rogue but it really upsets me that there is no consistency with Coach. I don’t want to pay the full price for a bag now and a 6 weeks later this bag will go on sale. I hate the price game that coach plays. I bought 6 rogue bags in the past 3 months and if I’d waited I would’ve been able to buy all of them with F&F discount or with the breast cancer discount. Taking into consideration the price inconsistency with Coach I will go for a classic Speedy 35. At least I know that the bag won’t be discounted in the future
Good point but I will point out that the only consistency in the price is the inconsistency of knowing when the Rogue is included. I have been lucky to have received the F&F discounts in the last couple of runs and the Rogue was never really included until this past one. There has been a few Rogues here and there that I was able to get with the discount but always certain colors or styles. The breast cancer sale was also offered last year and it did NOT include the 1941 then, this year is the first time it was included. Also, not all of us have been lucky to get these discounts, the F&F seems to be shrinking in who it’s offered to and some of us are not close to a Simon Mall that offers the breast cancer discount. It seems the Rogue is still hard to get discounts on and Coach seems to be working on fine tuning it’s price sales for it. Time will only tell if it succeeds on their price games.

Regardless, congrats on your future purchase, both are good choices!

I have two Speedies-a Speedy 30 monogram classic from 2014 and a Speedy 30 B DE I bought this year. A photo from the summer.
3306910D-509F-45B4-80BF-63CE0400FFD2.jpeg
I also own the Rogue 25 in chalk.

I agree with your thinking. I don't like the price games. I bought my Rogue at full price. I enjoy using it--it's a lovely bag to carry when I do. I was ok with the price as the quality is excellent. I was not really happy to see the deep discounts the Rogue has taken over the past number of months from sales and promotions. I'm reluctant to buy another Rogue because, as you say, the pricing is unpredictable. I say this as a faithful Coach buyer since 2010. I love the brand and own more than a dozen Coach handbags, totes and clutches, and many accessories. The pricing games, not so much. I continue to buy Coach products, but make sure I really want it before I purchase so I can live with the price, especially when it goes down.

When I bought my Speedy monogram, it was $975 CAN. Now that same bag sells for $1300 CAN. Louis Vuitton increases their prices regularly so in my limited experience some LV bags (depends on the ever changing market) can hold their value a little better than Coach with proper attention to their care. Many factors would come into play here. I've only been buying LV for three years so these are just my observations.

I hope you love your Speedy and much as I love using mine!

Reactions: Luv2Shop1 and LL777
I have had the regular rogue (the 30 I think is the size) for over a year and I just got the speedy bandouliere 30 in damier ebene recently in September.

LV.jpeg
The speedy definitely fits more things in it, but I love how versatile the rogue is (can be a handbag, crossbody, or shoulder bag). The damier ebene requires less maintenance, so if it's raining I do not have to worry about the vachetta getting stained or conditioning it. It has an iconic look that everyone knows, but that's kind of the downfall for me. I have noticed disapproving look more with that bag because everyone knows it's not a cheap bag (I could really care less cause it's not like I spent anyone else's money but my own lol).

Rogue.jpg
The rogue was the first expensive bag I had ever purchased before my speedy, and I bought it used so it was less than Coach's retail price. The different pockets are nice for organizing everything I bring. I love the way charms look on it to make it more unique to me. I also like the fact that most people do not know it is an expensive bag or even what brand it is. I definitely feel more "under the radar" with the Rogue.

That being said if I had to choose between the two choices you have, I would side with the speedy. As you said, the pricing is more consistent (and will probably even rise sometime soon). With the rogue it will possibly go on sale within the next couple months and that's no fun when you see something for a lot cheaper that you paid full price for. The speedy will remain a timeless piece and you can always go back later to get the rogue during a sale. I absolutely love my rogue, but if I didn't already get a discount at purchase I would be pretty mad when they went on sale.
If you were choosing a more plain colored rogue, I would go with the rogue and suggest waiting for the next sale. I also know waiting is no fun either so that's another reason the speedy gets my vote.

I also just realized I must have a thing for bags with red interior. :lol:

I would choose the Rogue because it's a beautiful, well made bag and because the branding is not obvious.

I've never been drawn to LV because I dislike logos so much; that's personal preference, not related to LV specifically. I have the same aversion for many Dior, Gucci and Chanel bags. I don't particularly like to signal expensive brand, both because it makes me feel somewhat uncomfortable and because I think it can make one a target.

I do really like DA and am half considering a NF, but I need to decide if I think that bag is obviously LV. I suspect it is (the NF alone probably does that), which will take it off my list.

I've have four different Rogues (in three sizes), so I admit that I'm not unbiased. I've purchased all but one at 40-50% off. That doesn't make me like the Coach or Rogues any less; I generally like getting items on sale. That LV doesn't go on sale doesn't make it more appealing to me; I'd probably already have pulled the trigger on the NF if I got some sort of discount.

In general, I don't have a great love of paying full retail, at least not when I feel that full retail is inflated. It is, for both the Rogue and the NF. If I truly love something, I will sometimes buy something knowing it's ridiculously overpriced but I have to make peace with that first.

Last edited:

I agree. Their triple-dipping strategy, of luring every customer at multiple price-points is really putting me off. I would have been very annoyed if I didn't at least get the non-1941 on PCE, and be able to recoup the difference from my sold NWT bags. Coach's inconsistency, and the elusive standards of who gets F&F are so draining-it just doesn't feel worth it anymore. I like the LV, but maybe in another shape?

Last edited:
Reactions: LL777 and Chiichan
I adore my Rogues, but, uh, I just don't like that colourblocked Rogue. If you were showing me a solid, unquilted version I might be harder pressed to choose. I think the Rogues are great, and very functional (different carrying options, side pockets, inside pockets, etc), and ranking among my top favourite bags, but I also purchased all of mine at half-price, so I do understand your concerns about price drops.

I love my Speedy, though I will note I have a Bandouliere version in the 30 size (the 35 is pretty big...). I would not personally go without the Bandouliere! I also prefer the Speedy in Damier Ebene over Mono, but that is just a personal preference. But, I do appreciate how light and easy it is. Yes, it was definitely more expensive off the bat, but they don't go on sale (and usually end up going up in price) so none of that full price buyer's remorse a few months later!

So, I suppose of your two I would pick neither, I would go for a more solid colour Rogue, or a Speedy B 30 (in whichever canvas you prefer) ;)

i vote for getting the solid color rogue bag now. The seasonal color always goes on semi annual sale for 40% off. The black, beige never goes on sale, even for F&F.
Solid color rogue uses pebbled glove tanned leather, which has been proved by many coachers as durable, easy to care, scratch resistant material.
On the other hand, quilted Rogue uses nappa leather, it's softer, definitely more delicate than pebbled glovetanned leather. kind of like lamp skin, the touch is supper buttery soft though which I love the most about it.

I vote for the quilted Rogue as I just purchased it. The plain dusty rose looks a bit bland to me while the color blocking helps it go with everything. Waiting for a sale and risking the bag not being available hasn't always worked out for me. If I really want a specific bag in a specific color I'd rather buy it when I can. Sales are for bags I like, not love. The Speedy will always be there later.