Coach (Re)Loved Exchange

So I purchased a bag from the program on the Coach site. The photos they post are odd photos with shadowy backgrounds and only a single photo, even on ebay you get more details. I purchased a Dreamer 27 in Berry with Gunmetal hardware. I received a Dreamer but part leather and part Coach signature with brass hardware. Definitely NOT what I order or was pictured. The funny thing is there was a detached tag that had the correct bag color code. Secondly, I essentially paid for what the bag sold for at full price. Thirdly, the bag arrived in horrible condition, scratches etc, deep dings in the leather. The way they portray it is that you should not be able to distinguish a new bag from a re-loved. Anyway they sent a pre-paid label to return it.

Yeah I noticed that recently they pictured a Rogue 39 and labeled it a Rogue 36 and had dimensions at 7 inches wide or something. :facepalm:

I understand labor costs and the cost of quality photography, etc. -- but for a fraction of what they pay influencers, they could invest in posting multiple photos, they could pay a writer to proof, etc.

They actually have a Re-Loved Bleecker Backpack in Saddle with Brass Hardware on the website right now. But they're charging $625 for it! Like, as gorgeous as the bag is, I refuse to pay roughly the same amount as a full-price brand new bag for what's basically a "Certified Pre-Owned" bag. I like the "intent" behind the program, as it does extend the life of existing bags and gives people an opportunity to purchase vintage pieces that are authentic beyond a shadow of a doubt (as it's Coach itself selling it), but the markup is ridiculous considering you can get some of the same bags in good condition on eBay and put in the little bit of work needed to liven it up yourself for a fraction of the price.

They actually have a Re-Loved Bleecker Backpack in Saddle with Brass Hardware on the website right now. But they're charging $625 for it! Like, as gorgeous as the bag is, I refuse to pay roughly the same amount as a full-price brand new bag for what's basically a "Certified Pre-Owned" bag. I like the "intent" behind the program, as it does extend the life of existing bags and gives people an opportunity to purchase vintage pieces that are authentic beyond a shadow of a doubt (as it's Coach itself selling it), but the markup is ridiculous considering you can get some of the same bags in good condition on eBay and put in the little bit of work needed to liven it up yourself for a fraction of the price.
That, and also many people have reported that the bags they get are not in very great condition, are not packaged well, etc. Coach could do so much better than this. Their first upcrafted items were beautiful, but after that it looks like they are putting in very little effort.

I completely agree with the ridiculous markup. I’ve seen vintage bags I personally own on their relove page and priced 10x or more than what I paid. Now I get there is labor and overhead but if they are giving the owners a teeny fraction of the original value, they are making a mint on these. I’d rather buy one already rehabbed from reputable seller for half the cost Coach is charging.