classic/favorite 65th anniversary legacy bags

What causes the verdigris?
If you get black, you should be fine. Clay has the most problems, and possibly pond. Probably any lighter color would have issues. The leathers start to yellow. I have a rose Bridgit and it still looks good, but I don't use it much and I live in a dry climate.

You can't really polish the brass because it has a coating and you'll remove whatever is left. Once it is removed, the brass will continue to tarnish and verdigris can stain the leather. I wonder if you could store your purse in one of those bags made for silver that prevents tarnishing.

Yay! I did go for it and ordered a black Gigi. Do I need to be careful in the rain with tarnishing or anything? I have a studded Preston and I never was concerned about it but nit sure if it's the same thing

Yay! I did go for it and ordered a black Gigi. Do I need to be careful in the rain with tarnishing or anything? I have a studded Preston and I never was concerned about it but nit sure if it's the same thing
It's not the same leather or hardware as the mini Preston. The leather is vachetta so it might spot in the rain. I think the hardware has a lot more real brass in it than the mini Preston so it will tarnish more. As I said before, the hardware originally had a coating on it to prevent tarnishing but that wears away over time. You might be able to put something on it to preserve it. I would use something on the leather to protect it.

I have a Legacy Garcia from 2008. They came in either signature or leather ( in some pretty amazing colors). Style numbers are 12596/siggy and 12654/leather. Nice mid-sized shoulder bag with character. Here is my siggy in a dark brown. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1420129294.992065.jpg
*don't mind the bright pink accessories, I'm a little eccentric, lol*

002_zps38e694b0.jpg
OMG has anyone else seen this? 99 cents?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-65th-...098?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item4ae2c99ada