Chalcedony bracelet or pendant?

Wow.. thank you all for your inputs! I do agree that bracelet is more for you to admire. I admire my MOP ALOT and I cannot get over how beautiful it is. Now I'm more confused than ever. Haha! It is true the cost of bracelet, albeit more expensive, is more economical.

Reactions: AnaBeavTheOG
To better demonstrate what I meant above, I snapped some photos below. The stone itself does matter ofc. Each chalcedony is different, so some may not vary as much or even more. And that's part of the reason why I love chalcedony too, each one is unique!

For my pieces, some times they look lavender blue, some times they look grey. And the textures of the stone is most obvious when under low light or against darker backgrounds. This is also the times where it appears greyer to me. Chalcedony also reminds me of a Chanel lavendar color from season 21k. Technically it is lilac/lavender, but it could appear grey under certain lighting. But anyway, hope these pictures help give you a better idea of what I meant :amuse:

View attachment 5697540
View attachment 5697541
The bracelet has such a nice lavender hue!

To better demonstrate what I meant above, I snapped some photos below. The stone itself does matter ofc. Each chalcedony is different, so some may not vary as much or even more. And that's part of the reason why I love chalcedony too, each one is unique!

For my pieces, some times they look lavender blue, some times they look grey. And the textures of the stone is most obvious when under low light or against darker backgrounds. This is also the times where it appears greyer to me. Chalcedony also reminds me of a Chanel lavendar color from season 21k. Technically it is lilac/lavender, but it could appear grey under certain lighting. But anyway, hope these pictures help give you a better idea of what I meant :amuse:

View attachment 5697540
View attachment 5697541
The bracelet has such a nice lavender hue
I prefer the 5 motif. Chalcedony is such a pretty and interesting stone to look at so I like to wear them on my wrist so I can stare at them whenever I want. Before I had my 5 motif resized I was wearing it as a necklace with a chain extender, I don't notice any difference in the shade between it sitting on my neck vs it on my wrist, since I almost always wear tops with my collar bones exposed. Even against white tops the difference isn't apparent, it'll just look a tiny bit brighter/lighter in color. The darker color clothing just slightly enhance the striations of the stones, but not enough shift the color of the stones since they're not that transparent. I think the 5 motif chalcedony will stack well with your WG MOP, and when you're not in the mood to stack or just want to rotate the bracelets, you have the option to wear the 5 motif chalcedony as necklace by hooking it to a 6" chain extender. It looks really nice with collar shirt/polo sweater and it look just like you're wearing 10 motif from the front. If you get the pendant you'll be limited to only wearing it as a pendant.
I never knew you could wear a bracelet as a necklace!

I prefer the 5 motif. Chalcedony is such a pretty and interesting stone to look at so I like to wear them on my wrist so I can stare at them whenever I want. Before I had my 5 motif resized I was wearing it as a necklace with a chain extender, I don't notice any difference in the shade between it sitting on my neck vs it on my wrist, since I almost always wear tops with my collar bones exposed. Even against white tops the difference isn't apparent, it'll just look a tiny bit brighter/lighter in color. The darker color clothing just slightly enhance the striations of the stones, but not enough shift the color of the stones since they're not that transparent. I think the 5 motif chalcedony will stack well with your WG MOP, and when you're not in the mood to stack or just want to rotate the bracelets, you have the option to wear the 5 motif chalcedony as necklace by hooking it to a 6" chain extender. It looks really nice with collar shirt/polo sweater and it look just like you're wearing 10 motif from the front. If you get the pendant you'll be limited to only wearing it as a pendant.
I second this. This is smart. You get a bracelet and necklace in one! Plus, I agree that this is a chameleon-like stone that looks very different depending on what it's in front of.

I never knew you could wear a bracelet as a necklace!

Yes you can! A lot of people like to combine multiple 5 motif bracelets to wear as a necklace. Chalcedony is my first 5 motif so I just bought the necklace extender from Amazon to see if it’ll work, turned out I really like it and prefer that over hooking it to another 5 motif because it feels much lighter on the neck. Even after I resized it down to 6", I can still wear it as a choker necklace (it just sits a bit higher on my collar bones now). This is what it looks like worn as a necklace at the original length. I usually don’t like VA size around my neck but chalcedony is such a soft color that I think it actually add something special to my monochromatic outfits ☺️ Maybe you can try it with your 5 motif mop to see if you like how it look as a necklace on you?

DDEAF329-1C10-4B94-97D4-EBA58433B456.jpeg

I still vote for magic necklace. I feel Like the vca alhambra bracelets are overdone with the stacking.Please don’t shoot me.I blame social media.But if you still like that look,do it. Do whatever makes your heart sing.
I also find it mildly annoying to wear bracelets together that can tangle/overlap so I'd also throw in a vote for the necklace :smile:

Yes you can! A lot of people like to combine multiple 5 motif bracelets to wear as a necklace. Chalcedony is my first 5 motif so I just bought the necklace extender from Amazon to see if it’ll work, turned out I really like it and prefer that over hooking it to another 5 motif because it feels much lighter on the neck. Even after I resized it down to 6", I can still wear it as a choker necklace (it just sits a bit higher on my collar bones now). This is what it looks like worn as a necklace at the original length. I usually don’t like VA size around my neck but chalcedony is such a soft color that I think it actually add something special to my monochromatic outfits ☺️ Maybe you can try it with your 5 motif mop to see if you like how it look as a necklace on you?

View attachment 5698850
I was just about to ask where you got the necklace extension from. It's beautiful.

Chalcedony pendant or chalcedony 5 motif bracelet?

I recently bought the MOP WG 5 motif bracelet and I'm in love with it. However, I was drawn to the beautiful blue of chalcedony. What should I get next? The pendant or the bracelet? Would it be an overkill to stack the MOP with the chalcedony bracelet?
Pendant. I wear mine all the time and on vacay because it's so low key and low maintenance.

View attachment 5708559
Hi all, this is the piece my SA kept for me. But I did tell her I did not like the gradient. What do you guys think? I prefer a more lavender hue. The dark blue line stands out too much
Hi there, I find that the more the stone is transparent it gives lavender hue because it actually takes your skin color. On the contrary when the stone is less transparent then it retains it original blue color. Like you mentioned, this stone looks solid with its distinct stripes which is very unique too. Hope it helps.

Reactions: jjgg and Leftshadow
View attachment 5708559
Hi all, this is the piece my SA kept for me. But I did tell her I did not like the gradient. What do you guys think? I prefer a more lavender hue. The dark blue line stands out too much
The 'dark blue' lines are actually translucent in real life, and will take on whatever color that's under it, whether it's your clothes or your skin. The skin would make the stones appear more lavender. Sounds like you would prefer one with an overall hazy pattern or minimal/subtle striations?

Reactions: jjgg