CeeJay's BAL-a-palooza!! [Balenciaga Collection over time]

HA .. a blast from the past; an old picture that I had taken after recuperating from a lengthy Hospital stay. Please forgive the mess; it's my H/B's "Book Collection" in the background!

So, in the picture are:
1) Background - '04 Turquoise WE (still in the collection)
2) Background - '04 Anis WE w/ the attached Hermes Scarf (sold)
3) Foreground - '05 Apple Green First (sold - upgraded to a City) w/ Boobie
4) Foreground - '06 Rouge Vif First (sold - upgraded to a City)
5) Foreground - '04/05 Holiday Magenta Metallic City (still in the collection)

MVC-002S.jpg

Reactions: shesnochill
A few more blasts from the past ... an '03 F/W Mustard First (w/ Silver HW) and an '05 Apple Green Mini-Classique! Both sold ...

--> Mustard First
2003MustardYellowFirst-best2wtmk.jpg

--> Apple Green Mini-Classique
AppleGreen-MiniClassique-1wtmk.jpg

Sorry about all the watermarks on the pics; alas .. this was when there were real problems on various sites with FAKERS stealing your pictures and putting up auctions with your pics! Believe it or not, it is better than it used to be!

As I said before, I've always kind of liked the 'other' Balenciaga styles as well. I'm a BIG fan of the Bowler .. different than the "Bowling" style.

What's great about these bags is that the leather is Camel (Cameau). They reminded me of the old Aviator bags which also use the Camel leather. Believe it or not, this leather is SUPER sturdy .. over time, it gets really soft and pliable. They are good-sized (equivalent to the Part Time but with more height), with a zipper in addition to a magnetic closure on the top.

For some strange reason, this style bag didn't seem to see the light-of-day here in the US. I had to really search around for each of them .. but they are all SO worth it!! All of them are still in my collection!

1) Black Bowler
1235937191.jpg

2) Charbon (Brown) Bowler
LgBrownBowler-1.jpg

3) Red (Tomate) Bowler - my favorite ('natch)!
1240922666.jpg

RedBowler-best.jpg

4) Dark Navy (Marine) Bowler
1238676507.jpg

So, as I've mentioned before, as much as I LOVE the Hobo style, it just hasn't really worked out for me because it really lends itself to carrying a lot less than I normally do.

However, that hasn't deterred me from "trying" to use this style .. some Hobos/Besaces from the collection:

1) '08 Ruby Besace/Hobo - gorgeous but alas - sold
1249143247.jpg

2) '08 Anthra GGH Maxi Besace - still in the collection
1251241269.jpg

Reactions: shesnochill
Wow, CeeJay! I am speechless! I knew that you had an amazing Bal collection BUT this thread is mind blowing! So many beautiful, rare treasures (especially including all those ones you have since sold too).

You literally took my breath away with your first pic.... 2004 yellow ph city!!!!! One of my very favorite Bals of all time, and SO RARE!!! I saved that photo on my iPhone to enjoy over and over, along with corey's "mystery" green city. Oh, I would so LOVE to see a pic of your old emerald city if you have one ( or can scrounge one up from an old computer)!!!!!

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful treasures.