Buying Louis Vuitton in Canada

Yaletown restaurants / drinks;

Glowbal - for food, very trendy, somewhat pricy

Afterglow - for drinks, trendy, somewhat pricy

La Provence - good seafood, somewhat pricy

Edit : Brix in downtown is great for after dinner drinks - great dim atmosphere, and they have a wine sampler where you get three 2oz pours of the same type of wine, but from diff wineries - for $8 or something

You'll love Vancouver. It's not as big as LA or NY and the shopping isn't as great, but the ppl are so friendly and the scenery of the mountains is breathtaking. I really think Canadians are the friendliest ppl out there, and I'm not just sayign this b/c I'm Cdn!

Sma11cat - Thanks for the informative site. I can have the border guy stamp my receipts :smile:

yellow_gummybear - yay for the tips. I wrote all the restaurants down (I have a checklist of places I must go...oh so much to do, so little time) I'll be staying at the Westend so I'm quite close to Robson, and I'm definitely going to check out Yaletown, the wine sampler @ Brix sounds pretty cool. I'll let you know!!!

Update:

I'm BACK! Thanks for all your suggestions and recommendations. I had a blast. Although this wasn't the first time I've been to Canada, each time I come home with a refreshing feeling after visiting the lovely country. The place is just beautiful and the people are absolutely friendly. I had better sense and stayed away from louis vuitton and spent most of my $$ on food! (my other addiction) so no tax-refund. :P

Yellow_gummybear - just wanted to THANK YOU! for the great restaurant suggestions. I DID ordered the Lobster pasta at Amarcord in Yaletown and IT WAS THE BEST! The service there was absolutely great. I didn't make any reservations (it was somewhat spontaneous) and they still gave me a great table on a friday night with minimal wait. I split my lobster pasta and was able to save room and indulge in a couple orders of desserts.

I also had the friendliest service at an Italian Restaurant close to my hotel at the West End (I stayed at the Westin) named Ciao Bella. Food wasn't as great as Amarcord but the service, again, was excellent. One of the ladies there played and sang in front of the grand piano and it was just perfect. :love:

MKP- I did make it to Kits and I loved it. I spent most of my time on 4th and really enjoyed the afternoon browsing and shopping there. There were so many restaurants there too but I didn't have enough time to stay long enough. This will definitely be my to-eat places the next time I visit. :amuse:

Pink Caviar - I enjoyed my Ferry ride so much I didn't want to leave. I was on the upper deck most of the time and it felt so good being away from the city for a while! Vancouver is a truly lovely city. :smile:

Thanks everyone else for your suggestions. Vancouver folks really had it lucky with a Stanley Park close by. I hiked a bit there and oh my, I didn't want to leave had it not been the ferry ~

~~~~~~~~~Now I'm back in the City and back to work! :cry: ~~~~~~~~