buying bags on TRR vs Poshmark or Tradesy

I've been on TRR trying to buy this bag for 3 hours, refreshing every few mins to see when the "On Hold" disappears. I even went into a different browser to make sure it wasn't just a glitch. But no, it's been solidly on hold the entire time. Not sure if it's just a very diligent person who's adding it to their bag again and again, or if there's some kind of bot people use to keep it held. I don't think the Hold feature is a a bad concept but there are definitely people who abuse it

I've been on TRR trying to buy this bag for 3 hours, refreshing every few mins to see when the "On Hold" disappears. I even went into a different browser to make sure it wasn't just a glitch. But no, it's been solidly on hold the entire time. Not sure if it's just a very diligent person who's adding it to their bag again and again, or if there's some kind of bot people use to keep it held. I don't think the Hold feature is a a bad concept but there are definitely people who abuse it
Did it ever go off hold?

Nope, it was still on hold when I woke up about 5hrs ago, and still on hold when I checked just now. :amazed:
I sometimes see things on hold forever...not sure what causes it, like maybe the price was listed wrong and they put a hold to re-do it or something...I remember once watching a pair of designer jeans that should have been in the 100's and it was listed at $50 so I wanted to snatch them up but they were on hold for a long time, then it stated 'unavailable' so I finally gave up. Oh well.

I have noticed today that about 5 or 6 bags have been on hold since the 24 hour advance notice this morning at 9 am., about 6 hours ago. Fortunately not ones that I’m interested in but that Is very frustrating when someone does that! Hopefully like Antonia says, it is a problem with pricing and will be fixed soon

Haven’t used Tradesy… had pretty good luck on Poshmark with the exception of a few duds I had to return. I always look on Posh because most of the sellers seem open to negotiating a bit and I can determine whether or not the seller is legit based on reviews. Only bought one (Fendi) bag on TRR and it was in pretty good shape… it even came with the box!

I have noticed today that about 5 or 6 bags have been on hold since the 24 hour advance notice this morning at 9 am., about 6 hours ago. Fortunately not ones that I’m interested in but that Is very frustrating when someone does that! Hopefully like Antonia says, it is a problem with pricing and will be fixed soon
Nope, it was still on hold when I woke up about 5hrs ago, and still on hold when I checked just now. :amazed:
Have you tried adding to bag? I just tried putting one in my bag that has been on hold all day and it let me. Maybe you can buy it now

Reactions: sdkitty
Looks like they're down for maintenance now. Maybe it was all a glitch. The bag that I wanted to buy stayed on hold from Thursday evening to this afternoon, was still on hold last time I checked and I couldn't add to cart. I did try a couple others that were on hold and it let me add 1 of them to the cart but not the other

I have some bags that I "liked" on Posh for various reasons...some I had made offers on, etc.
There are few that have literally been there for years - including one I had an offer on rejected. I don't get these people. I guess they will sell the bag if they can get the high price. If not they will keep it? The one I made an offer on wasn't even priced high - under $100. Why not just accept an offer a bit below asking price?

I have some bags that I "liked" on Posh for various reasons...some I had made offers on, etc.
There are few that have literally been there for years - including one I had an offer on rejected. I don't get these people. I guess they will sell the bag if they can get the high price. If not they will keep it? The one I made an offer on wasn't even priced high - under $100. Why not just accept an offer a bit below asking price?
I see he same thing on ebay...