Botched spa by “Docride’s Luxury Again Inc.” destroyed my Hermes Ostrich bag. Think long and hard about non-H Spa work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody else had a reply deleted? I had one deleted. Weird. Never had that happen before.
Edit: Our conversation was deleted- just 2 messages. I would hazard a guess that the mods are streamlining the thread so it doesn't get too messy, and felt it would be better that those posts were removed. :shrugs:
Mods, feel free to remove this post if it's an issue. Sorry, I'm not sure if I'm breaking any forum rules.

Did OP remove the name of the tPFer from the subject? If so, what was the resolution? I’d really like to know how this all turned out, please.
Thank you for pointing that out! I did not remove Docride’s name from the post subject. That was the moderators doing. Docride has not responded to numerous attempts to remedy this situation peacefully. So, aside from avoiding any responsibility, she has also not refunded as much as a penny of the injurious “refurbishment” fee. As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, six of those attempts to contact her occurred before writing this post. She’s had plenty of opportunities to provide a cure to this nightmare, yet here we are weeks later.

Thank you for pointing that out! I did not remove Docride’s name from the post subject. That was the moderators doing. Docride has not responded to numerous attempts to remedy this situation peacefully. So, aside from avoiding any responsibility, she has also not refunded as much as a penny of the injurious “refurbishment” fee. As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, six of those attempts to contact her occurred before writing this post. She’s had plenty of opportunities to provide a cure to this nightmare, yet here we are weeks later.
Wow, that’s what I was afraid of. I don’t understand why your subject title was changed by the mods. Sounds like your only recourse may be your credit card or some type of legal remedy... So sorry this happened to you.

That is protectionist and it is wrong. If a company like LC would not have their name removed from a title, she should not either.

This is all upsetting to continue to read. Docride has receive many referrals from this forum over a significant
amount of time & I would imagine many content clients.
Mistakes happen.. Owning them is the professional thing to do. Say what needs to be said
& move forward.
It would be appropriate for Docride respond with an explanation to try to resolve this, JMO
OP, you have been patient & after 6 attempts you should consider what your options are at this
point..

This is all upsetting to continue to read. Docride has receive many referrals from this forum over a significant
amount of time & I would imagine many content clients.
Mistakes happen.. Owning them is the professional thing to do. Say what needs to be said
& move forward.
It would be appropriate for Docride respond with an explanation to try to resolve this, JMO
OP, you have been patient & after 6 attempts you should consider what your options are at this
point..

wow, still no response?

The reason why the thread should have been removed is because the person, whose work was being discussed, was not named, but identified by inference.
It is possible that reputation of other craftsman could have been wrongly maligned.
Shortly after the start of this thread I did share this opinion with the original poster with a PM
and received a perfectly decent response.

Like many others, it seems strange that the 'guru' stopped communicating, because some explanation seems in order. Possibly there has been advice not to engage into further correspondence or comment.

The craftsperson person on TPF (who has a thread and gets much business from tPFers and the free advertisement of that thread) who now has a dissatisfied tPF customer, could absolutely step up and weigh in at any time with this clearly legitimate complaint by someone on tPF who is less happy with her work. As the post says, “Democracy dies in darkness.” :smile:

The craftsperson person on TPF (who has a thread and gets much business from tPFers and the free advertisement of that thread) who now has a dissatisfied tPF customer, could absolutely step up and weigh in at any time with this clearly legitimate complaint by someone on tPF who is less happy with her work. As the post says, “Democracy dies in darkness.” :smile:
Ya think? We’ve all been waiting.

Ya think? We’ve all been waiting.
I suspect in vain.

It's sad that the craftsperson given many opportunities to respond hasn't done so.
I would have second thoughts about referring this craftsperson not necessarily for her skills
but her lack of communication for me which speaks loud & clear...
Repair work needs clear & realistic explanations

It's sad that the craftsperson given many opportunities to respond hasn't done so.
I would have second thoughts about referring this craftsperson not necessarily for her skills
but her lack of communication for me which speaks loud & clear...
Repair work needs clear & realistic explanations

yea. Even if she didn’t want to address publicly on here, she should privately talk to her customer instead of blocking her. Maybe she doesn’t want to admit fault for legal purposes? Like doesn’t want to end up liable for the bag but OP offered a settlement of only what she paid and the pictures speak for themselves that the work was horrid

Reactions: roy40
Status
Not open for further replies.