Bag Cleaning Services in Singapore?

saw a lot of negative reviews of honest crafters on google... them keeping the bag for a year or bad job but mostly keeping thw bag forever

re drbags their website doesn’t seem to work and they only seem to have a facebook page and instagram... not much before afters

been considering fixing my shoes and have contacted honest crafters and bag butler

I did a recolour with bags butler and am satisfied with the results although the waiting time is quite long. I sent it in on 15 Jan and received the bag on 22 Apr. The leather texture didn't change after recolour and unevenness from a previous colouring job was well covered.

I did a recolour with bags butler and am satisfied with the results although the waiting time is quite long. I sent it in on 15 Jan and received the bag on 22 Apr. The leather texture didn't change after recolour and unevenness from a previous colouring job was well covered.

I'm stuck between Bag Butler and Dr. Bag. Both of them recommended for recolouring as there's many scuffing areas and retouching will make the colour of the bag uneven. But I'm quite concern on making the leather stiffer. Did ur bag ended up stiffer after the recolouring process? I'm thinking of sending my vintage Chanel lambskin bag for this.

I'm stuck between Bag Butler and Dr. Bag. Both of them recommended for recolouring as there's many scuffing areas and retouching will make the colour of the bag uneven. But I'm quite concern on making the leather stiffer. Did ur bag ended up stiffer after the recolouring process? I'm thinking of sending my vintage Chanel lambskin bag for this.
Actually the bag that I sent for recolouring is a caviar leather one so it's probably not as susceptible to change in texture/stiffness compared to lamb. From what I read, recolouring does make lambskin abit rougher to touch and stiffer but after a few uses it will be better. I suppose your bag is not black since they recommend you to recolour the whole bag?

I have actually tried Dr Bags since my last post on Bags Butler, one was to do mould removal and cleaning on my Diana and another was cleaning and HP coating on my tweed bag. So far am satisfied with Dr Bags services but have not tried their colouring service before so cannot really comment.

Actually the bag that I sent for recolouring is a caviar leather one so it's probably not as susceptible to change in texture/stiffness compared to lamb. From what I read, recolouring does make lambskin abit rougher to touch and stiffer but after a few uses it will be better. I suppose your bag is not black since they recommend you to recolour the whole bag?

I have actually tried Dr Bags since my last post on Bags Butler, one was to do mould removal and cleaning on my Diana and another was cleaning and HP coating on my tweed bag. So far am satisfied with Dr Bags services but have not tried their colouring service before so cannot really comment.

My bag is in black, I wonder will recolouring affect the resale value. I got the quotes from both and their prices are quite drastic with Dr. Bag being more expensive by $200+.

My bag is in black, I wonder will recolouring affect the resale value. I got the quotes from both and their prices are quite drastic with Dr. Bag being more expensive by $200+.
I think recolouring does affect the resale value somewhat so you need to decide which you rather have, visible scuffing or a nice looking bag. In any case you mentioned the bag has many scuffing so that in itself would already affect the resale value compared to one that doesn't have any.
My bag that I recoloured is the caviar beige clair with the 24k hardware and I got it for a good price because there's some scuffing too so I got it recoloured. I don't foresee myself selling it but if I do, I'm aware it won't fetch at the current retail but I honestly believe I can still get back what I paid or more if I hold long enough and the retail prices keep increasing.
Oh just to add my recolouring was almost $400 with bags butler.

I think recolouring does affect the resale value somewhat so you need to decide which you rather have, visible scuffing or a nice looking bag. In any case you mentioned the bag has many scuffing so that in itself would already affect the resale value compared to one that doesn't have any.
My bag that I recoloured is the caviar beige clair with the 24k hardware and I got it for a good price because there's some scuffing too so I got it recoloured. I don't foresee myself selling it but if I do, I'm aware it won't fetch at the current retail but I honestly believe I can still get back what I paid or more if I hold long enough and the retail prices keep increasing.
Oh just to add my recolouring was almost $400 with bags butler.

After looking around for advices, factoring whether is it worth paying few hundreds just to touch up corners or even recolour the whole bag as what most places recommended, I decided to DIY myself by using Cadillac black leather shoe polisher to restore the colour of my vintage black lambskin bag as I’d prefer them to age well with the patina shine. Recolouring will actually rob that away. It actually works! For the least it kinda restore the colour of the leather though it’s not entirely pitch black or something. Save a couple of hundreds! I think this is also one way to touch up the bag; at least it can cover up and restore some minor scuffing corners.
B54C7960-38A6-49C7-ABA3-50998F15C6D8.jpegB81193C5-0D95-4985-BE6D-D6C7CA5F4384.jpegB81193C5-0D95-4985-BE6D-D6C7CA5F4384.jpegbeforeB54C7960-38A6-49C7-ABA3-50998F15C6D8.jpeg beforeA9DC7BF5-4B6E-4E62-A352-8B78E8CABAC3.jpeg
ACE5CC10-61ED-4985-9689-1A86711B1573.jpeg

ACE5CC10-61ED-4985-9689-1A86711B1573.jpegAfterA9DC7BF5-4B6E-4E62-A352-8B78E8CABAC3.jpegAfter

O
After looking around for advices, factoring whether is it worth paying few hundreds just to touch up corners or even recolour the whole bag as what most places recommended, I decided to DIY myself by using Cadillac black leather shoe polisher to restore the colour of my vintage black lambskin bag as I’d prefer them to age well with the patina shine. Recolouring will actually rob that away. It actually works! For the least it kinda restore the colour of the leather though it’s not entirely pitch black or something. Save a couple of hundreds! I think this is also one way to touch up the bag; at least it can cover up and restore some minor scuffing corners.
View attachment 5219770View attachment 5219771View attachment 5219771beforeView attachment 5219770 beforeView attachment 5219772
View attachment 5219773

View attachment 5219773AfterView attachment 5219772After
Oh that's great! Anyway no one is going to scrutinize your bag at such close range so even if it's not black black it's ok too. Enjoy the bag!

I wanted to send my vintage diana for a deep cleanse and mold removal to drbags sg as well but I cannot find any organic reviews. Any reviews are from influencers and I do not trust the things they say.

Am wondering if there is any one else here that has used drbags before with good experience and which outlet is that?
Hi @matoo, was wondering if you have managed to clean your vintage Diana? I’m also looking for a place to do a deep cleanse and mold removal for my vintage flap. Appreciate if you could share deets with me, thank you!

Does any of these place do spot cleaning? I recently bought a preloved Chanel bag but a rubber strap from my lanyard became sticky and stained a few spots in the inner lining of my Chanel bag. I don't want to wait such a long time for just spot cleaning. Or would you recommend any other method to clean this stain?

Hi @matoo, was wondering if you have managed to clean your vintage Diana? I’m also looking for a place to do a deep cleanse and mold removal for my vintage flap. Appreciate if you could share deets with me, thank you!
Hi yes I did and they did a good job I must say. Attaching a pic of the services I did and the cost, hope this helps. I went to the plaza sing branch.

C46B0757-3232-495C-8473-56A1BF4E9939.jpeg

Never ever will I send my bags for deep cleaning with Dr Bags Singapore. My first time sending my Balenciage bag for cleaning and end up turning mouldy in less than 2 years. It was kept in a clean dust bag unused after cleaning.

My bag did not have any mould issue before sending it for cleaning with no mole issue in my closet too. Ever since my Balenciage bag was sent for cleaning mould started to manifest!! I strongly believe my bag was contaminated with other mouldy bags in their outlet! Wasted my money!

Contacted customer service end up with a tempted reply. Lecturing me on how mould grows And at the end offer me 20% off cleaning services!!!

Don’t bother wasting time and money sending your bags for cleaning. Just use baby oil and clean cotton cloth to wipe your bags. Cheap and effective

7c877803-460f-4b5a-87ec-0a623e5d3853.jpeg

51323561-1c5e-4d16-8978-d0c76645ea44.jpeg

Hello! I see some older comments but I wanted to see if anyone has updated reviews/experience with Bags Butler cleaning and coating services?
Or if there are any highly recommended companies? I tried dr.bags before and it was fine but they increased prices and is kind of pricey at $350 for cleaning+coating for one bag, the bag recently grew mould after 3yrs (prob due to storage)

Reactions: Jen.en