AW18 RTW and Accessories Thread: Pics and Musings

I have a questions for you ladies. I just learned that these Press défilé fashion show pieces cannot be ordered by the store but are more like push order pieces. Is this the same in your country? Apparently this is a somewhat new way of operation. For example this one cannot be ordered, but the Pre-fall, which is not a press défilé, can be ordered.

I have a questions for you ladies. I just learned that these Press défilé fashion show pieces cannot be ordered by the store but are more like push order pieces. Is this the same in your country? Apparently this is a somewhat new way of operation. For example this one cannot be ordered, but the Pre-fall, which is not a press défilé, can be ordered.

I'd have to ask. I'm quite lucky as we have two large stores that sell RTW so if one hasn't got something I could rush over and buy at the other (luck permitting). They're obviously not given exactly the same stock in all depts. The Pre-fall and 'holiday' pieces are usually more classic, are on the rails longer and usually less complicated so it doesn't actually surprise me.

Reactions: eagle1002us
I'd have to ask. I'm quite lucky as we have two large stores that sell RTW so if one hasn't got something I could rush over and buy at the other (luck permitting). They're obviously not given exactly the same stock in all depts. The Pre-fall and 'holiday' pieces are usually more classic, are on the rails longer and usually less complicated so it doesn't actually surprise me.

The main thing is whether the store can place order. The more classic ones, like Pre-Fall, Resort, holiday ones, they can order based on their own clientele. But this AW, and I think SS as well, are considered press défilé. Will not all be produced, will be determined by Paris who gets what, and not all stores will receive them. I didn't quite get it before when my SA came out from the back with some more unique pieces and introduced them to me as "runway pieces" till now. Basically they are like push order. No one knows what's coming.

The main thing is whether the store can place order. The more classic ones, like Pre-Fall, Resort, holiday ones, they can order based on their own clientele. But this AW, and I think SS as well, are considered press défilé. Will not all be produced, will be determined by Paris who gets what, and not all stores will receive them. I didn't quite get it before when my SA came out from the back with some more unique pieces and introduced them to me as "runway pieces" till now. Basically they are like push order. No one knows what's coming.

This is actually common practice from what I understand. Some runway pieces are not cost effective or too complicated to reproduce. The in-store fashion shows I attended were pre-fall (I think) and one could order from the show. However, I have never heard of any collection being distributed without thinking about past data or consultation to SMs on what sells and to whom, sounds like madness to me, but Hermes always does things differently so I shouldn't be surprised.

I know what you mean but I'm not sure I understood it the same way. My SM (USA) told me that they were shown the entire runway pieces but only able to place orders for the Pre Collection. So some of the seasonal collection was only going to be placed in large flagship locations (like a Push Order) and many pieces were never put into production. There were some boots, a few fur lined jackets etc.

For this collection, I imagine something similar will happen. My SA/SM show me the book of RTW pieces and we then see who ordered what in the US. They also get a traveling collection of pieces for us to try on in store. If something is available in the country, a customer can get it transferred in to try on/purchase.

I would imagine that some of what we saw and loved today will be available but likely not all of it. Some of the very extravagant leather, fur detailed pieces won't go into production. Same for probably the exotic boots though maybe a few pieces will be made. I don't know if VVVVVIPs can order that stuff through FSH but that would be the only option probably.

My SA is off for a few days but I'll send the store an email about the jumpsuit and report back with what I hear.

This is actually common practice from what I understand. Some runway pieces are not cost effective or too complicated to reproduce. The in-store fashion shows I attended were pre-fall (I think) and one could order from the show. However, I have never heard of any collection being distributed without thinking about past data or consultation to SMs on what sells and to whom, sounds like madness to me, but Hermes always does things differently so I shouldn't be surprised.

There are a few different topics here. Some pieces are never produced due to cost or too few orders (from the stores). This is the same as what I heard. The in-store fashion shows might be organized by the stores individually so what one sees there can be ordered, my guess is because the store has those pieces already in their order, and thus presenting only these pieces to their store clients so customers can order what they want. It is also possible that stores of different tiers are given different options of what they're allowed to do. I was really surprised to hear that stores are not allowed to order some collections at all and some (smaller) stores will never receive any of these pieces. I agree that when Paris send these pieces out they will study the past data to determine which (big) stores to send to. But what surprised me was that it's Paris to determine who to send what and not the stores to order. From what I heard, this only started not too many seasons ago. This is a very reliable source that I heard from and I'm curious if this is only in our country / region.

Reactions: papertiger
I know what you mean but I'm not sure I understood it the same way. My SM (USA) told me that they were shown the entire runway pieces but only able to place orders for the Pre Collection. So some of the seasonal collection was only going to be placed in large flagship locations (like a Push Order) and many pieces were never put into production. There were some boots, a few fur lined jackets etc.

For this collection, I imagine something similar will happen. My SA/SM show me the book of RTW pieces and we then see who ordered what in the US. They also get a traveling collection of pieces for us to try on in store. If something is available in the country, a customer can get it transferred in to try on/purchase.

I would imagine that some of what we saw and loved today will be available but likely not all of it. Some of the very extravagant leather, fur detailed pieces won't go into production. Same for probably the exotic boots though maybe a few pieces will be made. I don't know if VVVVVIPs can order that stuff through FSH but that would be the only option probably.

My SA is off for a few days but I'll send the store an email about the jumpsuit and report back with what I hear.

We all agree that not all pieces will be produced.

They can only place orders for the Pre Collection. This is also what I heard. What might differ here is large stores can or can not place orders for the seasonal collections. From what I heard is that they cannot. Paris determines what to send, and to which stores entirely.

We all agree that not all pieces will be produced.

They can only place orders for the Pre Collection. This is also what I heard. What might differ here is large stores can or can not place orders for the seasonal collections. From what I heard is that they cannot. Paris determines what to send, and to which stores entirely.

Hey Cavalla!
I've been in touch with my SM, she's able to order the jumpsuit in the Olive/Brown (its called Brun Ecorce) color for me. I think in the US they are placing orders this week. Anyway, she has to request it, wait for approval and then I will put a deposit down. This is a piece I'm really interested so I don't mind the deposit. I'm ordering a little big to alter down as I'm not model height and I already know the legs will be too long :P

I think you're in the EU so I'm not sure this helpful but they did tell me that the dark red jumpsuit isn't available for the US. Just wanted to keep the thread posted!

US peeps who want to order anything special, send those requests now. Sounds like the deadline is looming!

Reactions: cavalla
Hey Cavalla!
I've been in touch with my SM, she's able to order the jumpsuit in the Olive/Brown (its called Brun Ecorce) color for me. I think in the US they are placing orders this week. Anyway, she has to request it, wait for approval and then I will put a deposit down. This is a piece I'm really interested so I don't mind the deposit. I'm ordering a little big to alter down as I'm not model height and I already know the legs will be too long :P

I think you're in the EU so I'm not sure this helpful but they did tell me that the dark red jumpsuit isn't available for the US. Just wanted to keep the thread posted!

US peeps who want to order anything special, send those requests now. Sounds like the deadline is looming!

Thank you for reporting back. I really appreciate it. They're placing the order this week? That is very interesting because I know someone from our store is in Paris right now. Would you mind keeping us posted what the result is? I'm really curious to know so I can set my expectation more reasonably and make it easier for both the store and myself in the future. I hope you get your jumpsuit! And if you feel like it, please know that I'll enjoy the photos you share when you get it! Thanks for sharing the info with us.

Reactions: papertiger
Thank you for reporting back. I really appreciate it. They're placing the order this week? That is very interesting because I know someone from our store is in Paris right now. Would you mind keeping us posted what the result is? I'm really curious to know so I can set my expectation more reasonably and make it easier for both the store and myself in the future. I hope you get your jumpsuit! And if you feel like it, please know that I'll enjoy the photos you share when you get it! Thanks for sharing the info with us.

No problem, my SM isn't in Paris this week. She's doing the order with the RTW buyer for the US I think. I think she was in Paris earlier this year but I was so busy from the holidays till now that I haven't really gone to the store.

I'll definitely let you all know what I find out as this order progresses!

Reactions: nicole0612 and Meta