Authenticate Those SHOES

E839A649-11B9-4C6E-A7AF-7133BBCC8263.jpeg
I am so glad you posted Audreylita as I missed the bit. I am so sorry OP. I noticed that the font differed but that didn’t throw me as huge productions like that are made in multiple factories and stuff like that can happen.Hardware should not vary IMO. I’m not home but I’ll look again. I have never seen a super fake Princetown before but they may exist.

OK I’m home and here are my bits. I have a 3 on the pink and it’s definitely straight across but again, that I noticed and everything else looked fine to me and I’ve seen font variances for many different reasons on authentic luxury product. I wish I could have them in hand. Please forgive my call of authenticity and I’m also passing on these. I’ll leave them to Audreylita or others but if they’re counterfeit, they’re frightening good IMO. Apologies!

Hi,
Would someone please kindly help me authenticate the following Chloe mary janes - have only found similar pairs for sale on Tradesy ... So I'd like to be sure.
Many Thanks!
IMG20180501162123.jpg IMG20180501161959.jpg IMG20180501162031.jpg IMG20180501154502.jpgIMG20180501162148.jpg IMG20180501162141.jpgIMG20180501162141.jpg IMG20180501162326.jpg IMG20180501162213.jpg IMG20180501162201.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20180501162036.jpg
    IMG20180501162036.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: Miss.Sonia
By all accounts these shoes are identical in a side by side with my Princetowns. There are a couple of things however that are different so it's hard to say if they've changed some things. My font is also different than the ones you've shown, could be they are an older model? Mine are from within the past year. Also the horse bit is a bit different, if you could please post a picture of the one from the other shoe that would be helpful, the closer up the better. Thanks.

Hi Audreylita, thanks for reviewing and so sorry for the delay in getting back to you! The seller claims these were purchased in Sept 2017, so they should be fairly current. I've attached additional photos to view the horsebit
By all accounts these shoes are identical in a side by side with my Princetowns. There are a couple of things however that are different so it's hard to say if they've changed some things. My font is also different than the ones you've shown, could be they are an older model? Mine are from within the past year. Also the horse bit is a bit different, if you could please post a picture of the one from the other shoe that would be helpful, the closer up the better. Thanks.

Hi Audreylita, thanks for reviewing and so sorry for the delay in getting back to you! The seller claims these were purchased in Sept 2017, so they should be fairly current. I've attached additional photos to view the horsebit
Woops, the photos didn't post...here you go. THe first photo is of the other shoe bit as requested. Second photo is of both together (sorry it's quite blurry). Also, I noticed the flap on top of the foot is quite "flat"--on my other princetowns, I've noticed they have retained their "curved" shape even with wear and even when I'm not wearing them. Maybe they were stored flat or with something heavy on them to make them look deformed this way? Lmk your thoughts.

LASTLY, the 3rd & 4th pics below are from a really obvious pair of fake Gucci princetown on eBAY that has a curiously similar font to these in question (rounded 3s) but in really bad gold foil.

Gucci Shape.jpg TradesyGuccis Both.jpg

Attachments

• Fake Stamp eBAY.jpg
    Fake Stamp eBAY.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 152
  • Fake eBAY Soles.jpg
    Fake eBAY Soles.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 150
Woops, the photos didn't post...here you go. THe first photo is of the other shoe bit as requested. Second photo is of both together (sorry it's quite blurry). Also, I noticed the flap on top of the foot is quite "flat"--on my other princetowns, I've noticed they have retained their "curved" shape even with wear and even when I'm not wearing them. Maybe they were stored flat or with something heavy on them to make them look deformed this way? Lmk your thoughts.

LASTLY, the 3rd & 4th pics below are from a really obvious pair of fake Gucci princetown on eBAY that has a curiously similar font to these in question (rounded 3s) but in really bad gold foil.

View attachment 4054515 View attachment 4054516
That second pair is awful. Your first pair looked to me to be fully leather lined. Yes?

Item Name: Gucci Princetown fur lined slippers
Link: https://www.mytheresa.com/euro_en/princetown-fur-lined-leather-slippers-594119.html
Seller: mytheresa
Comments: Dear Authenticators. Can you please help me authenticate these shoes? Bought them on mytheresa, but I am worried that someone has made a "switcharoo". They do not have the R under the sole, and I am also a bit puzzled about the horsebit detail. Should it be like that?
Thanks.20180510_134335.jpg20180510_134446.jpg20180510_140312.jpg20180510_134556.jpg20180510_134532.jpg20180510_134618.jpg

Item Name: Gucci Princetown fur lined slippers
Link: https://www.mytheresa.com/euro_en/princetown-fur-lined-leather-slippers-594119.html
Seller: mytheresa
Comments: Dear Authenticators. Can you please help me authenticate these shoes? Bought them on mytheresa, but I am worried that someone has made a "switcharoo". They do not have the R under the sole, and I am also a bit puzzled about the horsebit detail. Should it be like that?
Thanks.View attachment 4063457View attachment 4063458View attachment 4063459View attachment 4063460View attachment 4063461View attachment 4063462
I have issues with several details on these and I would not keep them. I have also never seen a pair without the R. Out of curiosity have you done a burn test? Pull out a couple of hairs and throw them in a dry sink and burn them. If it turns to ash you’ve got real fur. If it burns to a hard ball it’s synthetic.

Reactions: rollinsband2002
I have issues with several details on these and I would not keep them. I have also never seen a pair without the R. Out of curiosity have you done a burn test? Pull out a couple of hairs and throw them in a dry sink and burn them. If it turns to ash you’ve got real fur. If it burns to a hard ball it’s synthetic.
I have done a burn test and it is fur...

I have done a burn test and it is fur...
Let’s see if Audreylita has a chance to check in. I still see several things I don’t like and that missing R is an obvious one. May I see under the tongue?
I’m going to break rules and do a bit of chatter and if the mods remove this post, please accept my apologies in advance.

As luxury footwear is getting so incredibly expensive, there’s enough margin available for counterfeiters to up the quality of the materials used and still be profitable. In the past, it was easy to call out the counterfeits from pictures alone but IMO that’s not always true anymore and in some cases I, for one, need to have the item in hand to feel the skins and know what kind of leather is used, etc. I see at least 3 issues with these that I don’t like and would not personally keep them but without having them in hand I can’t make a definitive call.

That missing R is glaring and I’ll address it since the OP already has but, I’ll also add that misses can happen. I know this all too well as I own a luxury bag bought preowned that’s missing both store and year stamps. Counterfeit obviously, right? Wrong. It’s genuine and has gone back to the house twice-once for a strap lengthening and once for a spa treatment. They can’t explain it and laughed it off and put a store stamp on it but not a production year as they said that they didn’t know which year it was made so I now have a bag that’s still missing one expected stamp.

Let’s see if Audreylita has a chance to check in. I still see several things I don’t like and that missing R is an obvious one. May I see under the tongue?
I’m going to break rules and do a bit of chatter and if the mods remove this post, please accept my apologies in advance.

As luxury footwear is getting so incredibly expensive, there’s enough margin available for counterfeiters to up the quality of the materials used and still be profitable. In the past, it was easy to call out the counterfeits from pictures alone but IMO that’s not always true anymore and in some cases I, for one, need to have the item in hand to feel the skins and know what kind of leather is used, etc. I see at least 3 issues with these that I don’t like and would not personally keep them but without having them in hand I can’t make a definitive call.

That missing R is glaring and I’ll address it since the OP already has but, I’ll also add that misses can happen. I know this all too well as I own a luxury bag bought preowned that’s missing both store and year stamps. Counterfeit obviously, right? Wrong. It’s genuine and has gone back to the house twice-once for a strap lengthening and once for a spa treatment. They can’t explain it and laughed it off and put a store stamp on it but not a production year as they said that they didn’t know which year it was made so I now have a bag that’s still missing one expected stamp.
Thank you so much for taking your time. I really appreciate it. 20180510_180410.jpg20180510_180508.jpg