Authenticate Those SHOES

I know Audreylita has authenticated these but given that the OP is still expressing concerns I do want to add that all have to take into consideration that we're talking about the probably hottest ongoing shoe of a luxury designer that's being made in multiple factories by multiple people each of whom have their own "hand". Blahnik makes a ton of Hangisi pumps on multiple heel heights. I don't know his lasts but Audreylita can confirm if yours were made on more than one last in that heel height. If so, that alone would account for visual differences. If not, by definition of handmade, there have to be variances. I have no explanation for the glue-it should not show like that but I also believe that again, some hands are better than others and if shoes were labeled "made on Monday or made on Friday", I know I'd go for "Tues, Wed. and Thursday" but it doesn't work that way. No one will see those minor details when you're wearing them. Just enjoy them and apologies for the "chatter" but I think it was called for here.

Shuze,

Maybe I misread audreylitas question/comment...after my original posting, she asked me for the link, which I posted last night. This morning she stated that she wasn't sure what my concern was. My previous post was just pointing out the things that caused me to be concerned. It is very possible that i was remiss when I read her reply as a question instead of a comment.

I'm not sure what you mean by chatter, and I do understand your point about different hands recreating a shoe which may look slightly dissimilar to the original. However, it looked too far outside the standard deviation which is why I responded to audreylitas for further guidance.

Again, this could just be a misread on my part, and I apologize if it's been flooding your inbox.

Edit: p.s. what is a last?

Last edited:
No flood LOL-"chatter" just meant that in general tPF would rather we say "authentic" or "counterfeit" and not really talk about much more but I thought you might want a bit more info until Audreylita checks in.

The tip of the shoe looks wrong.... in store where the tip looks much more bulbous....maybe this is just the newer look...or does it flatten out with wear?

The pic below was taken at saks..if you look at the front it just looks wider and taller....more bulbous View attachment 3641453 View attachment 3641455

I actually like the way mine looks tbh...but I think that the shoes in store just threw me for a loop...mine are below...looking past the weird glue (hoping this is just a lazy fix and not a bad sign) the tip it looks a bit flatter and more narrow on one shoe
View attachment 3641460 View attachment 3641461
Yes the toes of these shoes can differ, I own many hangisi and some are tighter at the toe. The original generation were much narrower and the newer are wider and rounder, in fact I just received a pair of black and white striped flats with yellow sequins in my size and it was way too tight and does not fit like any of my other flats. The toes have been slightly different shapes, this shoe has been around for awhile and it has changed a bit.

Also I don't know where you mentioned something about glue, I see shuze made mention of it? Yes sometimes there can be a rough edge, believe me I've had more snags in stockings than I can count, the boutique takes a nail file and very gently files off the rough edge. Do it carefully if you must.

No flood LOL-"chatter" just meant that in general tPF would rather we say "authentic" or "counterfeit" and not really talk about much more but I thought you might want a bit more info until Audreylita checks in.

Gotcha...generally on the cl authenticate I would move further concerns to pm...just to deter lurkers....i really honestly thought audreylitas was asking me that question......but I'll keep to the cl rules from now on....

Yes the toes of these shoes can differ, I own many hangisi and some are tighter at the toe. The original generation were much narrower and the newer are wider and rounder, in fact I just received a pair of black and white striped flats with yellow sequins in my size and it was way too tight and does not fit like any of my other flats. The toes have been slightly different shapes, this shoe has been around for awhile and it has changed a bit.

Also I don't know where you mentioned something about glue, I see shuze made mention of it? Yes sometimes there can be a rough edge, believe me I've had more snags in stockings than I can count, the boutique takes a nail file and very gently files off the rough edge. Do it carefully if you must.

Thanks audreylitas! Good to know...maybe I should have inquired about year...

As for the glue, in the close up photos of the toe...there is a huge funny layer of glue...which looks like the sole came slightly up but instead of properly fixing it at the cobbler someone just slapped some elmers on it....i generally didn't specifically point it out in a ask post. I like to keep the ask simple and see what authenticators spot so I don't give away things to lurkers

Thanks audreylitas! Good to know...maybe I should have inquired about year...

As for the glue, in the close up photos of the toe...there is a huge funny layer of glue...which looks like the sole came slightly up but instead of properly fixing it at the cobbler someone just slapped some elmers on it....i generally didn't specifically point it out in a ask post. I like to keep the ask simple and see what authenticators spot so I don't give away things to lurkers

I've been buying Manolo's shoes since the 80's and honestly if anyone asked me what year a shoe was made that I own I would be hard pressed to tell you. You can pretty much figure the first generation of the hangisi was when the first Sex And The City movie came out in 2008 so the shoe has been in production for almost 10 years.

His Carolyne shoe has been around for as long as I can remember and I've owned more toe, vamp and heel changes of this shoe than I can count. The only shoe I can tell you precisely when it came out is the Audi shoe because it's my namesake. That was fall 2012 and it was subsequently reordered by Barneys New York in 2013 in a different fabric and then also in a lower heel. So changes can exist with specific shoes. (it's actually my avatar).

Reactions: shuze
Shuze,

Maybe I misread audreylitas question/comment...after my original posting, she asked me for the link, which I posted last night. This morning she stated that she wasn't sure what my concern was. My previous post was just pointing out the things that caused me to be concerned. It is very possible that i was remiss when I read her reply as a question instead of a comment.

I'm not sure what you mean by chatter, and I do understand your point about different hands recreating a shoe which may look slightly dissimilar to the original. However, it looked too far outside the standard deviation which is why I responded to audreylitas for further guidance.

Again, this could just be a misread on my part, and I apologize if it's been flooding your inbox.

Edit: p.s. what is a last?
A last is the form that determines the shape of the shoe.

I impulse bought a pair of beat up Vivienne Westwood boots that I was kind of skeptical about, and now that I have them in hand my doubts have not been reassured. My assumption is that they're Seditionaries boots, presumably men's, if that makes a difference, but the seller didn't actually list a style name.
Original listing here
My own, better lit photos:
zUWkkzv.jpg

9VCj1D8.jpg

oq883TU.jpg

IbKFEKJ.jpg

Some more close ups here
So 1. I don't know enough about Westwood to know if boots in this colorway were ever produced - with black leather trim instead of brown leather trim and 2. Know that some Westwood (Accessories label) is made in Italy and some is made in England, but don't know if this style of boot was ever made in Italy. Hoping for a more qualified opinion in case I do need to start a paypal dispute. (Alternatively: does anyone know where in NYC I could get these checked out? The Vivienne Westwood store doesn't authenticate, or at least they don't yet, according to the salesperson.)
TIA

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me with authenticating these Dolce and Gabbana shoes listed on eBay? I've done a bit of research on them myself and it appears that they are a model from 2012, and the seller appears to be a legitimate store based in Germany, but as I'm not familiar with the brand myself I would really appreciate a second opinion from someone "in the know..." Thank you so much.

ebay item number 171536503764

link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171536503...49&var=470551305109&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT