Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

I picked up this heavy leather bag at a yard sale yesterday. The serial number is 285-0745. It measures approximately 10.5” wide and 9” tall. It’s a really pretty charcoal gray color but has a mark on the front which almost looks like tape pulled off the color . I’d love to hear your thoughts on the authenticity, age, style name, etc. if anyone has advice for removing the mark, I would appreciate any and all help . Thank you!
Please wait for Authenticators reply.

Just some interesting story regarding the Saddle Pouch you bought. It said was very difficult to make and only most skillful craftsmen could take on the task. Not sure if it is true but make me feel my Saddle Pouch is kind of special.
I would try simple leather conditioning to see if the mark will disappear.

Item: Coach court bag
Listing number: 9870
Seller and site where listed tillysgoods on Poshmark
Link: https://posh.mk/IRnUqNzprkb
Comments: Please authentic this bag when you get the chance. I added some clear pictures that might help. Thank you very much.

Genuine, from 2001. I'm wondering if the bag has been re-dyed, the top handle color looks a bit different at certain angles.

I picked up this heavy leather bag at a yard sale yesterday. The serial number is 285-0745. It measures approximately 10.5” wide and 9” tall. It’s a really pretty charcoal gray color but has a mark on the front which almost looks like tape pulled off the color . I’d love to hear your thoughts on the authenticity, age, style name, etc. if anyone has advice for removing the mark, I would appreciate any and all help . Thank you!

It's a genuine Saddle Pouch made in the early or middle 1980s. Here's a drawing from a 1981 catalog, from the measurements yours would probably be the Large, which lists measurements of 11x9 inches.

9595_Saddle Pouch Small et al-1981-82.jpg

You probaly should search the Rehab and Rescue thread at the main Coach forum under Coach Clubhouse, or ask there about removing tape residue. I don't have any experience with that, but it seems to be a problem that the Rehab experts have seen before.

Last edited:
Thank you Hyacinth. I was wondering about the color. I dunked it to clean it & the water looked like cherry cool-aid after 10 minutes. I also noticed some color loss streaks in the leather. I thought maybe I ruined the bag. I learned online that it’s ok to submerge these bags in water with a little soap. Should I be doing this? Have a great evening.

Thank you Hyacinth. I was wondering about the color. I dunked it to clean it & the water looked like cherry cool-aid after 10 minutes. I also noticed some color loss streaks in the leather. I thought maybe I ruined the bag. I learned online that it’s ok to submerge these bags in water with a little soap. Should I be doing this? Have a great evening.

Either wait for @whateve to reply, or check over at the Rehab and Rescue thread. I'm not a rehabber and can't answer those questions.

Hello authenticators! Could I please have your opinion on these bags.
bag 1
Cream vintage Coach - don’t know the name
Purchased from goodwill
9"L x 3"W x 7"H

Can you read the serial number at all? I'm not having any luck. It's easier for someone who has the actual bag right in fron of them than it is for us trying to see one white-on-white photo. My eyes are probably a lot older than yours and I can't read the creed or number but I don't see any red flags.

It's a genuine Saddle Pouch made in the early or middle 1980s. Here's a drawing from a 1981 catalog, from the measurements yours would probably be the Large, which lists measurements of 11x9 inches.

View attachment 5226205

You probaly should search the Rehab and Rescue thread at the main Coach forum under Coach Clubhouse, or ask there about removing tape residue. I don't have any experience with that, but it seems to be a problem that the Rehab experts have seen before.
Thanks so much for all the info. I appreciate you taking the time and I’ll be sure to check out the rehab and rescue forum

Reactions: LadaZuri
Hello authenticators! Could I please have your opinion on these bags.
bag 1
Cream vintage Coach - don’t know the name
Purchased from goodwill
9"L x 3"W x 7"H

Can you read the serial number at all? I'm not having any luck. It's easier for someone who has the actual bag right in fron of them than it is for us trying to see one white-on-white photo. My eyes are probably a lot older than yours and I can't read the creed or number but I don't see any red flags.
It looks fine. It appears to be a Devon 9908 made around 1993.