Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

WOW...it's been toooo long since I've visited here!
Could someone please give an opinion on these 2 charms? Gifts from my sis who found them at a local yard sale.
The only things I've found online are called Dinky Rogue Charms, but I've not found exact matches for either of these.
Thanks, as always, in advance for any and all info!
ADDED: Approx. 1.75”h, flower .75”w, C .5”w.

View attachment 5109120

View attachment 5109121

View attachment 5109122

View attachment 5109123

View attachment 5109124
They both look good.

Hello, if any one could help me authenticate this coach I’d really appreciate it!

FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:

Item: Vintage coach leather crossbody bag

Listing number: n/a

Seller and site where listed: srandolph880 on Poshmark

Link: https://posh.mk/NX0DjZuU3gb

Comments: The seller says that this is a repost from @jewel66 on Poshmark. I’ve looked on the purseforum to see if these sellers have been mentioned before but I haven’t seen any mentions. I have asked for measurements and a photo of the back of the turnlock hole but the seller has not answered yet.

Hello, if any one could help me authenticate this coach I’d really appreciate it!

FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:

Item: Vintage coach leather crossbody bag

Listing number: n/a

Seller and site where listed: srandolph880 on Poshmark

Link: https://posh.mk/NX0DjZuU3gb

Comments: The seller says that this is a repost from @jewel66 on Poshmark. I’ve looked on the purseforum to see if these sellers have been mentioned before but I haven’t seen any mentions. I have asked for measurements and a photo of the back of the turnlock hole but the seller has not answered yet.
It looks fine. We don't need a picture of the back of the turnlock.

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!
Hi would you please authenticate this bag from seller debsw52? I have a catalog picture of a similar style 4925. Is this the regular size then? Thank you

Good Morning

Please can you find a minute to review this mornings impulse purchase.

Where: Ebay UK
Seller: clearout20
Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144074482172

Many thanks, as always

Stay safe

Zoe xx
It's authentic. It's probably a classic satchel 9880. There are a lot of similar styles. You seem to be finding some bargains on your side of the pond!

Attachments

• 9765 madison 9885 club 9880 classic satchel fall 1989 preview.jpg
    9765 madison 9885 club 9880 classic satchel fall 1989 preview.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 20
Maybe @BeenBurned can chime in about that Poshmark time limit. If an item is counterfeit, can a seller even enforce a time limit, assuming it's a reasonable one? Selling counterfeits is illegal, PERIOD.

Your other option would be to contact your credit card company if you paid with a major credit card or Paypal, which I would recommend that you ALWAYS do when dealing with any site that's as awash with counterfeits and as reluctant to remove them as Poshmark is.

@BeenBurned, any suggestions?

ETA -
Never mind, she beat me to it. :tup:

Thank you so much for the feedback. I did contact Poshmark and my dispute was approved. Due to the bag, I was going to cut the creed out, then donate the briefcase to an organization that helps women get back on their feet. By removing the creed, it can’t be resold since it is fake.

It's authentic. It's probably a classic satchel 9880. There are a lot of similar styles. You seem to be finding some bargains on your side of the pond!
Thank you @whateve - I’m glad my hunch paid off! I just can’t bear to leave these unloved bags behind. I’ll be rehabbing her…assuming she’s Tabac or possibly Putty. i believe this style was only released for 2 seasons (Fall 1989 and Spring 1990)?

Many thanks again for all your insight.

Zoe xx

Last edited: