Authenticate This CÉLINE

Hi all, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread. I'm new to this site.
I bought a Celine vintage bag on ebay, and to be honest I am not sure if it is authentic. Any help would be fantasic.
Item No. 112533884907

I cant find a serial number on the bag. But wasn't sure if that's because of the age. I know some brands started using serial numbers in relatively recent years.

I have attached a photo. Although, for some reason I cannot upload more than the first one :-/

Thanks in advance!IMG_5986.JPG

Hello there again PLEASE help. I'm interested in anyone's opinion if they have any thoughts about this seller, *********.

I'm in the market for a Celine box, and I found this on ebay:

Celine Classic Box

eBay item number: 272620951732

listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Celine-Box-...951732?hash=item3f797998b4:g:7HcAAOSwmgJY5lVN

Seller: ********* (here is a link to seller profile)

THANK YOU so much for any help or feedback!
Elena

Hi Elenireads! I would suggest you not to pull to trigger on this one. I am not an expert. But I recently bought a fake Celine box on Yoogie's Closet, confirmed by a third party authenticator, and I educated myself a bit. The letter "R" in the sixth photo seems pretty off to me. You could also get an email opinion from Authenticate4U before you buy something. Apparently, there are many high quality fake Celine Box bags in the market....

Thank you so much for your response! I had my suspicions. Sorry you bought a fake - were you able to return it? I know fashionphile and realReal are supposed to guarantee authenticity, but I wonder about how they authenticate. Does anyone know about their process?

It's a shame, because I'm just looking to save about 25% and get a bag that's slightly less than pristine . . . but it seems I'm going to have to save for a brand new box bag.

Please, anyone feel free to weigh in here . . . what sort of experiences have you had with celine resellers?
Thanks in advance!
Elena

IMG_5204.PNG IMG_5205.PNG IMG_5206.PNG IMG_5207.PNG IMG_5208.PNG
I am about to buy this on eBay, can you please confirm it for me? Seller says it's from the employee sale. I know not all photos may be present but a red-flag-check would be extremely helpful.

Item number: 142481969184
Seller: annapan70
Title: Celine Bag
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/142481969184

Attachments

• IMG_5210.PNG
    IMG_5210.PNG
    565.5 KB · Views: 375
  • IMG_5211.PNG
    IMG_5211.PNG
    507.5 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_5212.PNG
    IMG_5212.PNG
    278 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_5213.PNG
    IMG_5213.PNG
    877.4 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_5214.PNG
    IMG_5214.PNG
    578.4 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
I also just bought this because I got caught up. I would truly appreciate an opinion - just based on available images - before the seller ships it. Luckily it is cheap, but the price is also a concern. I can add serial numbers etc once it arrives, if it looks ok at this stage.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/222623507016
Title: Celine leather bag handbag purse tote brown
Seller: g-luxegoods
Item number: 222623507016

Attachments

• IMG_5217.PNG
    IMG_5217.PNG
    414.3 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_5220.PNG
    IMG_5220.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 380
  • IMG_5221.PNG
    IMG_5221.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 388
  • IMG_5222.PNG
    IMG_5222.PNG
    572.4 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5223.PNG
    IMG_5223.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 370
  • IMG_5224.PNG
    IMG_5224.PNG
    980.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Thank you so much for your response! I had my suspicions. Sorry you bought a fake - were you able to return it? I know fashionphile and realReal are supposed to guarantee authenticity, but I wonder about how they authenticate. Does anyone know about their process?

It's a shame, because I'm just looking to save about 25% and get a bag that's slightly less than pristine . . . but it seems I'm going to have to save for a brand new box bag.

Please, anyone feel free to weigh in here . . . what sort of experiences have you had with celine resellers?
Thanks in advance!
Elena

Yoogie's Closet has a 30 day return window and I managed to get them to pay for my return. But still, it's such a shame that these companies claim 100% authenticity while still selling fake bags every so often. It may not be as often as every other bag but it's certainly common enough to be a real issue.

I used a reputable third-party authentication site to authenticate it, but after they told me it was fake, I went to see some real box bags and the difference was really staggering. I would think that any "expert" that's authenticating bags at these reseller sites should have seen such glaring differences or at least set the bag aside for further review. Even more ridiculous is that these sites will never admit that they made a mistake. They replied saying that they'll accept the return but possibly put the bag back up for sale if their in-house "expert" ok's it!

And I agree that since there are so many high quality fake box bags in the market, I would just save more to buy a new one from the boutique.